What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is a Strong Spa Antigua any good - anyone got one?  (Read 6463 times)

Madeinireland

Is a Strong Spa Antigua any good - anyone got one?
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:32:03 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone out there have the model mentioned in the subject line. I'd really like to know how good these rotationally moulded spas are? Are they just cheap and will fall apart in a year or so - or will they last 5 or 6 years.

Help appreciated.

Thanks...
Mark

Hot Tub Forum

Is a Strong Spa Antigua any good - anyone got one?
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:32:03 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Is a Strong Spa Antigua any good - anyone got
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 05:40:28 pm »
It looks to be a fairly well-made $2-3,000 spa.  I wouldn't spend a dime more than that for it, but if you just want a tub to sit in that has warm water and bubbles, it would probably be worth the money.

Don't know about the quality of the pump or components, but the tub itself should be pretty durable.

Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:26:27 pm »
The real question is "what if needs service", even if it only cost $1,000 if you have trouble getting it fixed you still wasted a lot of money.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 11:48:19 am »
I have seen a number of leaks from these types of tubs.  Normally they leak from between the jet and the shell.  The spa itself is a complete mold with holes in bottom the assemble plumbing.  Once they have plumbed the tub, they fill holes with foam= no repairs possible on a leak.  I have seen brand new tubs that leak, then go to the junk pile!

Madeinireland

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:05:59 pm »
Thanks for the info - Was your experience related directly to the strong spa make ?

Also on being foam filled - I can't quite understand why you can't just perhaps put some dye in the water to determine the point of leak - rip out the foam and replace when finished - or am I being too simple?

Regards...
Mark

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:10:42 pm »
Thanks for the info - Was your experience related directly to the strong spa make ?

Also on being foam filled - I can't quite understand why you can't just perhaps put some dye in the water to determine the point of leak - rip out the foam and replace when finished - or am I being too simple?

Regards...
Mark

Anything can be fixed but you have to weigh in the cost of fixing it and see of it makes sense to do it.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:10:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42