What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi vs. Hotspring  (Read 10894 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Jacuzzi vs. Hotspring
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 12:43:27 pm »
If you are looking at comparable tubs ...there is not in normal circumstances a 3 k difference nor on comparable models does Jacuzzi have twice the pumps and in no way does it have a better warranty ..... sounds to me like you are dealing with a Jacuzzi salesmen who is hyping you on with words but they lack any merit .... Jacuzzi is a nice spa if its for you but its not better for the reasons that he stated ....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 12:43:27 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 06:18:35 pm »
Sorry it took so long to get back!

I like my HotSpring Vanguard because I can sit in each seat without fighting to stay there!  The Jacuzzi, especially the lounge (the 360 from 2003).  With the jets on high and the air I felt like I was going to be thrown from the tub!  Not my idea of relaxing!  I could relax in the Vanguard!  I have the single moto (dual moto is brand new) but I love that seat!  It is my favorite, too!  

It's so subjective, the feel of a tub!  I have no words to describe how I feel in my tub! I could have been very happy with a Sundance Altamar or an LA Fiji.  I at least didn't float out of every seat!  I tested everything that was available to me in my area, then I narrowed down my choices to 2.  Then I wet tested back-to-back, so I would know for sure which tub was MY tub!

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 09:32:00 pm »
wowwww a $3000 savings hummm i guess you are getting the spa for around $2000-$3000 lol
Hotspring makes a great spa and so does Jacuzzi......Jt

cappykat

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 08:28:25 pm »
We're looking at Jacuzzi also.  Haven't wet tested but will this week.  I have the brochure and it says the warranty is 10 yrs on stucture, 7 yrs on shell, 5 yrs electrical/plumbing and 5 yrs on equipment and controls.

HS is 7 on structure and shell, 5 on the rest.  As someone else said comparing HS to Jacuzzi may not be comparable.  We're looking at the J-385 got a price of $8375.  We're looking at the SD Cameo and that price is $9889.  I found another poster on this site that bought the SD Optima for $8619.  I'm leaning toward the Cameo, but the SD dealer is going to have to come down in price.

We were told from the SD dealer that SD bought out Jacuzzi, so there is a relationship there.  
2005 Marquis Epic

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 11:11:12 am »
There is a relationship.  In the late '90s, Jacuzzi bought Sundance with the agreement that Sundance would manufacture all spas for Jacuzzi, the parent company.  In the early 2000's, the older style Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath spas ceased to be made and Sundance created Jacuzzi Premium Spas.  The Sundance high end spas have the newest engineering changes and bells and whistles.  Jacuzzi Premium and the lower end Sundance spas fall in line after that.  Thus the Cameo will be higher priced than the J385.  That being said, the 385 is a lot of spa for the money.

Chris_H

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 11:46:04 am »
We're looking at Jacuzzi also.  Haven't wet tested but will this week.  I have the brochure and it says the warranty is 10 yrs on stucture, 7 yrs on shell, 5 yrs electrical/plumbing and 5 yrs on equipment and controls.

HS is 7 on structure and shell, 5 on the rest.  As someone else said comparing HS to Jacuzzi may not be comparable.  We're looking at the J-385 got a price of $8375.  We're looking at the SD Cameo and that price is $9889.  I found another poster on this site that bought the SD Optima for $8619.  I'm leaning toward the Cameo, but the SD dealer is going to have to come down in price.

We were told from the SD dealer that SD bought out Jacuzzi, so there is a relationship there.  

The Cameo price probably includes a stereo.  The J-385 price probably does not include a stereo.  That is probably where the difference is occuring.  The stereo usually runs about $1,000.

cappykat

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 12:05:27 pm »
Actually, both the Cameo and the J-385 were quoted with stereo.

So if I buy the J-385 I'm basically getting a Sundance product backed by the same parent company?

So, ones as good as the other?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 12:09:06 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Chris_H

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 12:31:06 pm »
If both include the stereo, I wouldn’t be able to justify a difference of $1,300 between the two and I absolutely hate the Jacuzzi product.  The price of the Cameo with stereo is not out of line with what others have paid.  I think the Jacuzzi price is just low.  One thing you should know the warranty on the stereo and jets for the Jacuzzi is different than the warranty for the Sundance.  The Jacuzzi has a 1-year warranty on those items and the Sundance has a two-year warranty.  This difference does not justify a $1,300 difference.  

If the true difference is less than $500 I would say the buy the Cameo.  Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples with accessories (ozone, coverlift’s, installation of accessories) and other optional features.

Chris
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 12:31:28 pm by Chris_H »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2005, 01:00:58 pm »

So, ones as good as the other?

I'm not sure how you got that from the responses above.  

I think what people were trying to politely say is:

The Sundance is considered a better engineered tub, but the Jacuzzi might be "good enough" for your needs.  A little extra $$ per month and in chems and in filters and in less jetting or pumps os some such thing may be OK if it helps you save $1k.

That's really quite different than saying one is as good as the other.  If the difference is less than $1k and it doesn't break your budget I don't know that many here would say take the jacuzzi over the sundance.

Of course, it is possible that you prefer the "hydrotherapy" on the jacuzzi to the sundance, in which case that's all that really matters!

-Ed

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2005, 01:24:37 pm »
Hydrotherapy is precisely why I picked my j335 jacuzzi.  I wasn't looking for a huge tub and found the jets perfectly suited for my needs.  The appearance of the tub, the waterfall, the lift, the stereo and all the bells and whistles were not overly important in the beginning, but now it's on my back deck, they are very nice additions.

I mentioned the electrician sent by jacuzzi to wire the 220 told me to test a Vita Spa before accepting delivery the next day, right?  Turns out he works for them as well which seemed weird to me.  Just to satisfy my curiosity, I did just that and found the construction to be not nearly as solid in my opinion.  When he said full foam is overrated in Florida, I headed for the exit based on what I have been told.

In the end, we all have to live with our decisions, and I am real comfortable with mine.

Also, I'm sure it's no big secret, but having my chiropractor write me a prescription for the tub took off all the sales tax and also qualified me for a nice tax deduction at the end of the year.

All in all, the different seating configurations and jet options on my j335 have my back feeling better than it has in years.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 01:26:57 pm by orlandoguy »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 02:43:31 pm »
Ed is exactly right.  With Jacuzzi Premium, you will get the same quality as Sundance but will not get their most up to date jetting, filtration, etc.  A good example is the stereo.  Both use the same ProPlaner marine unit, but the Cameo has a subwoofer where the J385 does not.  

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 11:03:12 pm »
Screw the stereo why would yea want one,Buy a set of speakers if yea want music for the outside and save a few dollars.
Why are the Sundances made better the the Higher end jacuzzi?
And what about the Jets being better then the Jacuzzis?
Seems to me that both are useing mostly the same parts.And the Jacuzzi is a lot cheaper then the Sundances.
I would not worry much about the parts abd labor if something goes wrong it will happen in the 1st year.Jt

hymbaw

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 11:45:43 pm »
A Jacuzzi would fall more in line with the SD 780 Series as far as components go. You might want to check out the Bahia.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Chris_H

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2005, 03:54:48 pm »
To JT,

”Why are the Sundances made better than the Higher end jacuzzi?”

The components are different and the warranty is different.  The component difference lies in the control box (where the wires go) and the heater.  Heater is titanium on the Sundance 800 Series’ versus, I believe, stainless steel on the Jacuzzi 300 series.  The heater on the 300 Series Jacuzzi is the same heater as the heater on the 700 Series Sundance (last year’s Sweetwater Spas).  

The warranty is different on the heater on the 800 Series Sundance’s, as well.  It has an unconditional warranty.  The Jacuzzi 300 Series does not have an unconditional warranty.  The jets and stereo on the Jacuzzi 300 series has a 1- year warranty versus 2-year warranty for the Sundance 800 series.  

The Jacuzzi 300 Series and the Sundance 700 and 800 Series all have a 5-year warranty on the pumps, motors, plumbing, ect.

”And what about the Jets being better then the Jacuzzis?”

I wouldn’t say they are better, but they definitely have more versatility.  The primary jets in the Jacuzzi 300 series only shoot water in one general direction, straight or rotating.  With the exception of the Vortex Jets and the Accu-Sage seat, the Sundance Jets have the ability to oscillate in any direction and can be adjusted to shoot straight.  The jets can also be turned off and on individually.  

Not to mention that the Sundance 800 Series filter down to at least 5 microns and some of their spas filter down to 1 micron, and the Sundance also offers the air blower that the Jacuzzi does not offer.  

If you really wanted, I could go on and on and on.  

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 04:04:41 pm »
Well the person said CONSTRUCTION and i feel one is not better then the other.I think the Shell is constructed very well NOT CHEAP.
The pumps are not that much of a differance in power if any.
Sundance has a tad better  warranty
I can adjust my Jets and also shut off any of the jets i am not useing also.
Sundance has a better filter.
But its not worth $1500-$3000 more then the Jacuzzi's....JT

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 04:04:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42