What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking to Buy Large Hot Tub  (Read 12900 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Looking to Buy Large Hot Tub
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »
That is a great price for that bullfrog. It's actually a pretty neat tub. It's not going to compare at all to a utopia series caldera in most ways but for a entry level tub BF seems to make a very good tub. i got to see those tubs up close at the Las Vegas international pool and spa show last year and they were pretty nice tubs at a good procepoint. X series is kind of going away from what they are known for with it having no jet paks but they needed to fill a price gap which is why I'm sure they started making them

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 09:35:13 pm »
Dk, not really sure what your budget is but we just ordered a BF A7L for less than they quoted you on the Geneva,  we did not inquire about the 8 size as we did not want to go that big.   Might want to ask you Bull Frog dealer about the R8 series/size.   They do have a factory rebate going on til Monday.  I do realize prices are all over the place depending on regions.

You got a steal. If you payed under 9500.

DKRanger22

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 09:57:45 pm »
Dk, not really sure what your budget is but we just ordered a BF A7L for less than they quoted you on the Geneva,  we did not inquire about the 8 size as we did not want to go that big.   Might want to ask you Bull Frog dealer about the R8 series/size.   They do have a factory rebate going on til Monday.  I do realize prices are all over the place depending on regions.

Sounds like a great price for an A7 - congrats on the purchase!   I'll see what their price is on an R8 tomorrow.  They didn't have one in the showroom, but wouldn't hurt to get a number. 

DKRanger22

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 10:04:03 pm »
That is a great price for that bullfrog. It's actually a pretty neat tub. It's not going to compare at all to a utopia series caldera in most ways but for a entry level tub BF seems to make a very good tub. i got to see those tubs up close at the Las Vegas international pool and spa show last year and they were pretty nice tubs at a good procepoint. X series is kind of going away from what they are known for with it having no jet paks but they needed to fill a price gap which is why I'm sure they started making them

Really appreciate the feedback!   There's not that much information/feedback out there on this tub, so it's good to hear some positive feedback from someone that's seen them up close and personal.   Definitely hard to compare it to the Geneva.  My thought is that if they can split the difference or come close, then I think it would be worth it to upgrade to the Caldera.   At $3k difference, I think I'll go with the Frog if it's a solid tub...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 10:09:20 pm »
Having said that, I hear that their "entry level" line is actually pretty well done compared to others; composite base, pumps attached using stainless hardware & rubber grommets, no diverters (each jet is individually controlled/adjustable), 3 yr component/shell/plumbing warranty, etc.    This tub isn't as aesthetically pleasing (to me) as the higher-end tubs that I've been focused on thus far, but at this price point, it's really got me thinking.   

You hear from? The dealer? They have a diverter at every jet pac, because they call it an individual control does not make it not a diverter. If you turn it down or up it "diverts" water to the pac or away. Don't let a sales pitch sway you. All tubs have individually controlled jets. Composite base, very common. Stainless fasteners also very common except on the lower value lines. I'd shoot for a 5 year warranty. Step up to the higher end BF if your interested in BF and wet test against the others.

well first of all the X Series doesn't even have JetPaks...again you comment on things you know nothing about which is pretty comical

So there's no diverters on the X series? I wonder why a dealer would bring it up as a sales point then? Now that's comical. Diverters give you so much more control over a tub.....

I would definitely wet test a tub with no diverters, might be weak.

And BFSM, where were you when all the threads about bad pac seals and noisy heaters showed up? You like to talk about magic plumbing but not help people with screwed up BF tubs?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:20:57 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Sam

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 01:52:28 pm »
Your disdain for Bullfrog is so weird man.  Also, you keep saying incorrect things about them.

Question..... Would you call every jet in a jacuzzi a diverter valve because by turning it off it diverts flow to other jets?  A diverter valve in a hot tub has a very specific meaning.  Bullfrog does not use diverter valves.  Not sure why you have such a hard time with this.

DKRanger22

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 03:55:24 pm »
Well, after wet testing, I was sold on the Bullfrog jet packs.  Ended up with an R8 (decided against the lounger and was easily convinced to upgrade from the X-series).   Good sized tub, very comfortable seating and packed with features for the cash.  Ended up at $7,394 on a brand new tub w/ optional stainless jet packs, life audio system, optional circulation pump, ozonator, steps, cover, lifter, chemicals and delivery.   I think the extra features for $600 more than a base X8 is well worth the money.    I really appreciate the guidance, opinions and feedback from everyone.  Next step is to finalize the plans for a pad and electrical.  More to come as I make progress!

DKRanger22

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 04:07:59 pm »
A few pics:

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 04:39:41 pm »
Having said that, I hear that their "entry level" line is actually pretty well done compared to others; composite base, pumps attached using stainless hardware & rubber grommets, no diverters (each jet is individually controlled/adjustable), 3 yr component/shell/plumbing warranty, etc.    This tub isn't as aesthetically pleasing (to me) as the higher-end tubs that I've been focused on thus far, but at this price point, it's really got me thinking.   

You hear from? The dealer? They have a diverter at every jet pac, because they call it an individual control does not make it not a diverter. If you turn it down or up it "diverts" water to the pac or away. Don't let a sales pitch sway you. All tubs have individually controlled jets. Composite base, very common. Stainless fasteners also very common except on the lower value lines. I'd shoot for a 5 year warranty. Step up to the higher end BF if your interested in BF and wet test against the others.

well first of all the X Series doesn't even have JetPaks...again you comment on things you know nothing about which is pretty comical

So there's no diverters on the X series? I wonder why a dealer would bring it up as a sales point then? Now that's comical. Diverters give you so much more control over a tub.....

I would definitely wet test a tub with no diverters, might be weak.

And BFSM, where were you when all the threads about bad pac seals and noisy heaters showed up? You like to talk about magic plumbing but not help people with screwed up BF tubs?

Well lets see I'm a Sales Manager and we have 5 stores...I work 5+ 6 day events during the summer by myself and I'm currently at the end of building out a brand new 9,500 sq. ft 2nd Twin Cities location which has taken 3-4 months and 60+ hours a week to complete.  I don't have the luxury of scanning forums all day long, sorry

Here's a sneak peak for ya, swing by sometime and I'll educate you on the product...

(ignore the bare walls, graphics will be hung next week)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:43:36 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 07:08:47 pm »
60 hrs a week???? That's all? Wish I could have some short weeks like that.

No need for education, it's just plumbing. Pumps, lines, diverter valves and manifolds.
Retired

DKRanger22

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 07:32:11 pm »
Time will tell, but I think I'm going to be pretty happy with the R8.  While a nice tub, I just don't think the Caldera was worth the $2,200 premium over the R8.   The Caldera dealer did get back to me earlier today and was holding firm at $9,500 on the leftover 2015 Geneva.   Made the decision to give the Bullfrog a try quite a bit easier

d00nut

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 07:45:11 pm »
Congrats DK!

That's an awesome spa.  Know you got an unreal price.  IF that's what you paid, I know the dealer lost money on that deal... easily!  Hard for the other dealer to do something that loses them money.

Also, awesome showroom BFMN!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 07:54:27 pm »
 That's a ridiculous price on a R8  :o     Congrats!   

DKRanger22

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 08:21:35 pm »
Congrats DK!

That's an awesome spa.  Know you got an unreal price.  IF that's what you paid, I know the dealer lost money on that deal... easily!  Hard for the other dealer to do something that loses them money.

Thanks!!    The dealer claims to be the largest distributor of Bullfrog tubs (take that for what it's worth).  They claim that they buy in such volume that it allows them to play at prices that other dealers can't or won't touch.   Also, this tub was on the showroom floor, although never filled with water.   He gave me a thousand off for being a "display", although the other dealers that I visited wouldn't consider doing something like this.  They would not offer a discount for being on the showroom floor whether wet or dry.   I'm not sure which is the exception or the norm, but I'll take a grand however he wants to give it to me!  Not sure if this helps to explain the insane pricing any better, but this is what I paid.  He's a sneak peak at the bill of sale to prove it's not smoke (cropped as not to show my personal info)....

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:26:11 pm by DKRanger22 »

DKRanger22

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 08:22:12 pm »
That's a ridiculous price on a R8  :o     Congrats!

Thanks, Jim!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 08:22:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42