What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: buying a tub. Spending $8000 to 13000. And looking for suggestions  (Read 13991 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: buying a tub. Spending $8000 to 13000. And looking for suggestions
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 02:49:43 pm »
 Yeah a dealer might get that if they added a warranty with it.   From a private seller no way.   He may go 7 but doubt full as most want as much as they can get as I would,  but worth asking.  Really depends how many calls he is getting on it. If not many he my meet in the middle.    Very nice spa though!     Warranty is non transferable.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 02:49:43 pm »

sksmoker

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 03:22:40 pm »
Ive read alot about coast spas and have read that they are the same as cal spas and warranty support is almost nothing.. 
In fact looking on their website I cannot find any information on their warranty at all.

Their brochure also has no information on the warranties. 

I think i will not go near a coast spa unless I can get more info from people here.

Coast has nothing to do with Cal Spa's. Totally different company. Coast Spa's are made in Langley BC and have been for a very long time.. Coast really depends on their dealers for information which was my biggest gripe and I let the salesman know that.Feel free to come and sit in mine. In fact, if you want to contact the dealer we bought ours from feel free to PM me. They sell a pile of them and are very knowledgeable if you are interested. For the money, they were very tough to beat and we bought almost the largest tub that they make. We were going to pull the trigger on an Arctic Tundra Epic for almost $9,000 more.

sksmoker

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 03:23:38 pm »
IMHO I would never put MAXX in the same league as the rest of those.

I agree. Just stating that we cross shopped them as they were the only brand another large dealer in town here had and is quite popular in these parts.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 04:55:26 pm »
warranties are NOT transferable.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

MarKee

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 05:55:07 pm »
Where do you live at?

Topline Mike

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 06:05:30 pm »
Sounds like our family's are the same size..

We bought a Jacuzzi J375.  LOVE it! 

camdelle

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 01:08:34 am »
Where do you live at?

Red Deer Alberta

camdelle

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 03:38:57 am »
Sounds like our family's are the same size..

We bought a Jacuzzi J375.  LOVE it! 

How much was the j375?

Grottoguy

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 07:44:54 am »
Try the Caldera Cantabria. It's in your price range and is a large tub.

camdelle

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 01:45:14 pm »
Well good news.  I found a hot springs dealer 2 hours away. 

Here are the prices I was given over the phone

flair   9450
pulse  10995
envoy  13000
vanguard 11998
grandee 13495
aria 12498
Base prices.  No sound system.

Found a Jacuzzi Dealer same distance away
j-375 12045.

And sundance cameo most expensive at 15000-16000 but local.
And an arctic spas norwegian at 14500 local.
I am now not looking at maax at all.

Topline Mike

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 06:27:12 pm »
I paid $5000 for ours, used about 3 months I think.  The local dealer in Milwaukee, WI was asking around 11.5g's for a new one.  I think I could have talked him down to 10, but it was too late.  With this dang cold weather here, I just might go jump in right now!

sksmoker

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 03:22:46 pm »
For anyone that cares, here is Coast's warranty information, available on their website. Go to the website, click support, click owners, click Warranty Information

Coast Spas Manufacturing Inc. extends this limited warranty solely to the original purchaser of any Series self contained spa installed for residential use within Canada and the United States.

LIFETIME SHELL WARRANTY: CSMI warrants against water loss (through the spa shell) due to workmanship or manufacturing defects for the lifetime of the spa shell.

FIVE (5) YEAR SHELL SURFACE WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the interior surface material of the spa shell against blistering or delaminating for a period of length years. (See Surface Warranty in the Exclusions portion of this document)

FIVE (5) YEAR NO FAULT CORROSION HEATER WARRANTY: CSMI warrants, unconditionally, the heater, as originally installed, against defects in material and workmanship, and against water and chemical corrosion for a period of length years.

FIVE (5) YEAR PUMP WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the pump(s) due to motor failure or malfunction due to defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years.

FIVE (5) YEAR CONTROL WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the control system (pack and keypad) against malfunction due to defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years.

THREE (3) CONDITIONAL LEAK WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the factory installed plumbing against water loss due to defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years, with conditional exclusions. This warranty specifically covers leaks from the jet fittings, drain fittings, internal plumbing, filter canister and light lens.

TWO (2) YEAR LED LIGHTING WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the optional LED lighting to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years.

TWO (2) YEAR VINYL CABINET WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the vinyl cabinets to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years. This warranty specifically covers the cabinet’s structural integrity (excluding surface stain or color). The cosmetic finish is warranted to be free from defects at the time of initial delivery to the original consumer purchaser. Fading and weathering of the surface will naturally occur over time and are not considered warrantable defects.

FIVE (5) YEAR SLATE CABINET WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the slate cabinets to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years. This warranty specifically covers the cabinet’s structural integrity (excluding surface stain or color). The cosmetic finish is warranted to be free from defects at the time of initial delivery to the original consumer purchaser. Fading and weathering of the surface will naturally occur over time and are not considered warrantable defects.

FIVE (5) YEAR WOOD CABINET WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the cedar wood cabinets to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years. This warranty specifically covers the cabinet’s structural integrity (excluding surface stain). The cosmetic finish is warranted to be free from defects at the time of initial delivery to the original consumer purchaser. Fading and weathering of the surface will naturally occur over time and are not considered warrantable defects.

ONE (1) YEAR OZONE GENERATOR WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the ozone generator to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years. This specifically covers the ozone generator’s ability to create ozone.

ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM WARRANTY: CSMI warrants the factory installed entertainment system to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of length (except for the AM/FM/CD player and subwoofer which carry a length warranty on parts only). This warranty specifically excludes water damage, so care must be taken when loading CD’s/DVD’s into the unit. Ensure that they are clean and dry prior to inserting into the player, and that all protective covers and doors are in place prior/during operation.

WARRANTIES FOR OTHER COMPONENTS: If spa contains an electronic pressure switch it is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for a period of length year. Jet inserts, filter lid & lock ring are warranted against malfunction due to defects in material and workmanship for a period of length years (these parts are a part replacement only/no labor coverage). Failure to maintain water chemistry and/ or neglect in cleaning the stainless steel components could escalate the chemical attack on the stainless. Due to environmental conditions out of our control, we are unable to warranty discolorations or corrosion on stainless steel parts. The following items are not included in this limited warranty but are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship at the time of delivery to the original consumer purchaser from the dealer: Filter cartridge, dirty filters, air locks, incorrect water chemistry, loose unions, pinched or misaligned gaskets, pump seals, closed water valves, closed jets, fuses, expired light bulbs, disconnected power cords and spa pillows.

there's more but those are the highlights. Best of luck finding a hot tub that you enjoy!

sksmoker

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 03:24:10 pm »
With your Hotsprings dealer 2hrs away, make sure you know what the warranty/out of warranty calls are going to be billed at. With that far away, mileage/trip costs may be tacked on to a call.

Happy tubbing!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 05:26:25 pm »
How long is a Length"? Because they seem to warrant things for "length years"

LIFETIME SHELL WARRANTY: CSMI warrants against water loss (through the spa shell) due to workmanship or manufacturing defects for the lifetime of the spa shell.

ummmm, once the shell starts leaking, couldn't one argue it's life is OVER?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

camdelle

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 08:33:54 pm »
Well  with Prices here I have been trying to find a good used.  Seems some of the used prices are almost the same as new.

I am wondering what prices people have on the JACUZZI J-375.  Canada and USA Prices please.

One localish dealer is $17000 for new.  He came back at $13000.00 with cover and lifter and nothing else.

Also was offered by same dealer a
2012 j345 for $9500 and a 2012 jlxl for $10000.

Seems those prices are quite high for 2012's even if they are new.  Any suggestions for offers on these?

thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 08:33:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42