What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A8 vs Jacuzzi 365  (Read 6939 times)

MattieB

Bullfrog A8 vs Jacuzzi 365
« on: February 27, 2015, 12:56:12 pm »
Expanded my search from Bullfrog A8, to the Jacuzzi 365.  I haven't wet tested Jacuzzi yet.  The Jacuzzi would be several thousand less than the Bullfrog.   Is the Bullfrog A8 worth the extra money for what I am getting? 

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A8 vs Jacuzzi 365
« on: February 27, 2015, 12:56:12 pm »

jms7328

Re: Bullfrog A8 vs Jacuzzi 365
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:08:43 pm »
We have looked/priced 20 different tubs and now we are really thinking hard about the A8...Price wise they are a phenomenal deal compared to what we have been looking at. Let me know what you find out. Looks like it might be perfect for us for under 12k delivered.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 05:59:45 pm »
I would take the Jacuzzi over the BF any day. And you don't have to move or buy jet packs, you just have to move to a different seat for a different feel. And the quality of Jacuzzi is as good or better.

Oh sorry BF fans, this is simply my opinion. I know you get hurt easily. Overpriced IMO.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 07:11:52 pm »
I would take the Jacuzzi over the BF any day. And you don't have to move or buy jet packs, you just have to move to a different seat for a different feel. And the quality of Jacuzzi is as good or better.

Oh sorry BF fans, this is simply my opinion. I know you get hurt easily. Overpriced IMO.

Curious have you even seen or worked on the current Bullfrog?  You sure seem highly against them, specially the jet pack thing.   I hated the old design and sold against them quite easily. But since we brought them on a year ago out of the numbers we have sold we have only had a couple of small issues.   Pretty solid spa in "my opinion"    I would agree they are over priced, compared to Jacuzzi, Sundance and HS in what they offer in their upper end spa's.  But that's about it. 

And no I am not hurt, but curious why the hate.   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:13:36 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:39:19 pm »
I'm against the hype of the jet packs. Its a brilliant sales strategy. People eat it up. They are a fine tub so far, I never said they weren't. I think there are better options out there that offer better value.

Since you brought them on I expect nothing less than your admiration.
Retired

meriflower

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 10:51:40 pm »
We have a Bullfrog for over a year now and really like it and would recommend one.  We have had zero problems!   I do like being able to move the jet paks in my favorite seat, the lounge.   :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 11:21:59 pm »
I'm against the hype of the jet packs. Its a brilliant sales strategy. People eat it up. They are a fine tub so far, I never said they weren't. I think there are better options out there that offer better value.

Since you brought them on I expect nothing less than your admiration.

There are pro's and cons to the spa.  Since I sell them to make a living, then yes I like them.   But we didn't jump head first in to them.  Being in sales and  a service mngr basically head of the spa dept.  When I heard wind the owners wanted to bring them in,  I called dealers from Cali to Montana on down to Utah and Florida and I talked to the service dept and even techs.  Not the owner or a salesman.    And the response was very very good.   

Sure the jet packs can be perceived as a gimmick but there is so much more to the spa than just that if you actually learn about them and the company. Not to mention those that changed it/brought it back from what it was. it might change your mind.    But then you service spa's, so really why even care about them or any for that matter.   I value your opinion, always have as I did service myself for a number of years.   I trust a service guy and what he knows way more than a salesman, might be why I do so good at sales.  ;)        But yeah I like Bullfrog spa's and I can see them knocking Jacuzzi off our floors at some point.   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 07:23:48 am »
Be careful knocking Jacuzzi out of your line up. You never know how long the BF train will be moving. Every manufacturer goes through ups and downs as they change stuff. Having a year or two of "very few problems" doesn't make a reputation for anything.

It will be difficult for anyone to dispute Jacuzzi's reputation. Although I think they were better years back.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 09:19:24 am »
 Since spas are only like 3% of the overall business both could go away and not affect the company. I would hate to see them go but it wouldn't be my decision.   We are opening another store in Marysville just North of Seattle.  We tried getting Sundance at another store we have between here and there and Jacuzzi said no.   There is a huge company in Seattle that has both with 5 stores and they felt threatened, but really there is enough territory between us that it would probably only help theirs and Jacuzzi sales. 

As far as Jacuzzi being better years back, hard to say. All they have really changed in the last 11 or 12 years are some parts like a higher flow circ, 56 frame pumps and a few nick naks along with some shell changes.    I think they have gotten better in the long run.  And like every spa have gotten more expensive.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 09:19:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42