What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newb looking for advice  (Read 2838 times)

Tummy54

Newb looking for advice
« on: January 26, 2015, 03:08:11 pm »
I'm in the Chicagoland area and so far I have seen a few different types of hot tubs, Caldera, hot springs, Jacuzzi and Ecco.  I'm trying to narrow the search on the best brand.  Not necessarily pricing but quality, warranty, service etc. 
if anyone can assist in my buying process is appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Newb looking for advice
« on: January 26, 2015, 03:08:11 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: Newb looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 05:27:18 pm »
I know buying a spa can be a pretty confusing undertaking and you’ll find all kinds of opinions on which spas are better or worse. For my money, I’d start with Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, D1, Marquis. I might also look at Bull Frog and Arctic. There are others on this forum with more knowledge than I have who might be able to give you other brands to consider.

But the brand of the spa is just the start of it. To me at least, there are two other major considerations in the purchase of a spa. The first is the dealer. Make sure you get a dealer who has been in business for a while, who has carried the brand you are interested in for a while, who you think you can trust, and who will stand behind their product. This to me would be more important than price. And finally, when you think you have it narrowed down, be sure to wet test. It might be a great spa from a reputable dealer, but if it doesn’t feel good when you’re actually in it with the jets running, then it’s not the right choice for you.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:45:58 pm »
I'm in the Chicagoland area and so far I have seen a few different types of hot tubs, Caldera, hot springs, Jacuzzi and Ecco.  I'm trying to narrow the search on the best brand.  Not necessarily pricing but quality, warranty, service etc. 
if anyone can assist in my buying process is appreciate your help.

Thanks

Caldera, Hot Spring and Jacuzzi are all well built brands with good reputations and good companies behind them.

aeajr

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:20:40 am »
You did not say if it was for indoor our outdoor use.

We have a Marquis Spirit, outside, but inside an greenhouse enclosure.   Had it for 2 years and very happy.   It is used all year round, even in the snow storm we had yesterday.   The greenhouse enclosure makes that very workable.

We find we have to add some extra bromine via tablets and float as the built in system does not seem to be quite enough to keep the levels right, but it is used almost every day.

Tummy54

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 06:23:45 am »
Thanks to everyone who sent some advice, just when we thought we were narrowing it down I looked at the bullfrog model.  So now throwing that one in the mix. 

Sam

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:36:55 am »
Thanks to everyone who sent some advice, just when we thought we were narrowing it down I looked at the bullfrog model.  So now throwing that one in the mix.

I am a Bullfrog coolaid drinker.  I absolutely love their commitment to innovation and quality.  For the record, I am a dealer of theirs among other brands.  They are hands down my favorite manufacturer, though all that you listed are quality.  If you look more into Bullfrog, make sure you try the oscillator jetpak.  It's amazing.  The neck blaster and rainshower are also really cool.

In the end, everything that you mentioned is a good choice.  Try to wet test and find the one that works best for you.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:36:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42