What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs cover warranty  (Read 7844 times)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Hot Springs cover warranty
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:06:12 am »
What is the warranty of the HS cover and how is it handled? My cover and spa is about 5mos old.  I have noticed the place where the HS covermate mounts to the cover looks like there is a mounting plate under the vinyl has pulled loose from the inside of the cover. One side is tight and secure the other side looks like it could pull through the vinyl soon (not pulled through yet). I called the dealer today left a message with the store clerk, and have not heard back yet. She said she would have a tech call.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs cover warranty
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:06:12 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hot Springs cover warranty
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:34:31 am »
Keep on them - this is an item which should be handled parts and labor.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 01:08:47 pm »
Thanks Chas!!      Is there any reason I would have to "keep on them"? Will it cost the dealer anything to take care of this? What IS the warranty on the cover from HS?    

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 01:34:46 pm »
That is covered under warranty.  If your dealer is any good he will simply send out a tech a fix it!  HS will pay them parts and labor for it.  If they wont (Which would be confusing) call HS customer support and they will get on the dealer's butt!  It is such an easy fix I would be shocked if they don't fix it asap!  Good luck!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 01:37:54 pm »
The website says "Spa covers and other spa accessories are specifically excluded from this warranty, although they may be covered by other warranties. Please check with your Hot Spring Dealer for details."

What did your dealer tell you the warranty is?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 01:53:49 pm »
This is where we often see the difference between the top of the line dealers and manufacturers from the lesser ones. I'd expect Hot Springs would take care of your issue and you can always call the manufacturer for clarity on the issue if needed.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 02:29:42 pm »
No word from the dealer yet........ called at 10am now 2:30 will wait until tomorrow to call back   Thanks

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 02:37:32 pm »
Thanks Chas!!      Is there any reason I would have to "keep on them"? Will it cost the dealer anything to take care of this? What IS the warranty on the cover from HS?    

BTW I asked my service manager and he said the cover warranty is 2 years and parts only.  he said you will need to replace one of the foam cores.  Since it is such a new spa we would send the tech out to switch the cores for you...but your dealer doesn't have to.  My guess (and hope) is that he will.  Good luck!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 02:41:14 pm »
Thanks for the info. Would help the dealer if I take it to the dealership and have them change it out while I wait??

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 02:43:44 pm »
I only said "keep on them" to encourage you not to wait. If they fix it now it might be a very simple thing, whereas if it shreds the outer cover or something you might end up waiting for parts etc.

The Vinyl covers are made by Watkins MFG - HotSpring - and are covered by a seperate warranty which comes with the spa. The warranty service is covered by the same dealer, and we get paid to take care of a cover the same as a spa or other item. When we deliver a 'fully loaded' tub we end up with a whole stack of warranty pages: the Ozone, Cover lift, Cover, Remote, Exterior light system, etc. all handled by the dealer through Watkins MFG.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 11:25:23 am »
This is a followup to the original concern about the cover mounts. The dealers service mgr called me and said they will order the cover insert and bring it out for installation ASAP. He was very professional during the phone call. He said no charges for the parts or labor and no trip charges would be due. I was happy to hear that, because during the purchase that's what the salesperson told me. Dealers are important with the overall satisfaction of the spa, for sure!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 02:43:43 pm »
Awesome!
;D

Rogie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 08:49:25 am »
We just bought a Grandee and I asked about the cover warranty.  They told me it was two ears. You should be fine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 08:49:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42