What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: towel warmers  (Read 3631 times)

trachda

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
towel warmers
« on: September 12, 2005, 02:12:03 pm »
Has anybody heard of towel warmers for the winter.  Bed bath and beyond said that they would be getting them in in a few weeks.  Has anybody used them.?  Do they really keep your towel warm when its really cold out?
Thanks Karen

Hot Tub Forum

towel warmers
« on: September 12, 2005, 02:12:03 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: towel warmers
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 02:34:12 pm »
They do indeed exist.  I don't personally see the need, but if it's something that appeals to you- go for it.
An alternative would be to put your towels in the dryer for a while to heat them up, then pack them into a picnic cooler and bring it to the spa with you.  You could even heat up some of those heat pack things in the microwave and pack them in the cooler too.
Brewman

nicker

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 03:33:54 pm »
yes we have one and that is where we got it aswell.   My wife actually bought it.   It works very well.    We keep it indoors (I don't think they are meant to be outside).   We mainly only use it in the winter but it is very nice.  Ours sits right inside our door.  Now our tub is only about 2 steps from our back door aswell.  So once you are out of the tub and in the house a nice warm towel is great.  And they say its very cheap to operate too.   We actually put our suites on the warmer too to help dry them out.

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 01:22:09 pm »
I bought one from the same place and thought it was a wast of money. You have to keep them on all the time or at least warm it up a couple of hours before to get anything out of it. My towel warmer was just a shelf type so one side would get warm and not the other. I just put my towels in the drier for a little and place them by the door.  I sold mine at my yard sale this year.;D

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 01:57:12 pm »
I have one I got as a present for Christmas...it's still in the box.
2005 Marquis Epic

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 09:55:13 am »
When I searched one of these forums back in April, someone had included instructions on building your own towel warmer - as i recall it was basically a wooden box heated by a light bulb.  A metal rack/grate was used to keep towel/robe off of the bulb....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 10:12:37 am »
Has anybody heard of towel warmers for the winter.  Bed bath and beyond said that they would be getting them in in a few weeks.  Has anybody used them.?  Do they really keep your towel warm when its really cold out?
Thanks Karen

Aren't these towel warmers for indoor use? (To be hung on the wall? So it should heat up and warm the towels no matter what the temp  is outside. Unless you are thinking on installing this outside?

My tub is only a couple of steps to the house and even in the cold new england winters,   I don't need/want a warm towel. I hop out of the 101 degree water, and once inside the house, many times I am too hot.  A warm towel doen't appeal to me. If had to walk a bit, then maybe, I guess.

I do keep a couple of very thick, terry cloth spa robes on a nice hook by the door, which is great. I keep a few clean extra ones too for guests as well.  
07 Caldera Geneva

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 10:27:40 pm »
It's a great place for mice to take up residence. It feels even better when you pull your mouse-s@#t laiden towel out and dry yourself off. Smells real nice too.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 06:24:08 am »
I built a box 3x2x2 out of cedar with a metal rack installed 12 inches off the bottom inside, with 2-100 watt light bulbs with reflective metal below controlled by a switch on the outside. The lid is hinged and strong enough for 2 people to sit on. Place towel, flip switch, soak, ahhhhhh warm towels. My wife puts her robe in it also. In the summer we store other stuff in it.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 06:24:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42