What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian spa not heating (only had it 2 weeks)  (Read 8872 times)

Catfish

Artesian spa not heating (only had it 2 weeks)
« on: September 16, 2005, 06:27:53 pm »
I called the dealer and he told me to take one of the filters out and that it may be clogged, causing it to stay at 94 when we have it set at 101.

any ideas? it's the onyx model..

Thanks!

As soon as we figure this out I'll post some photos of it being craned in and carried by 7 guys..we've also built sort of a unique deck situation...so, if it's broke it would be a giant bummer.

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian spa not heating (only had it 2 weeks)
« on: September 16, 2005, 06:27:53 pm »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
Re: Artesian spa not heating (only had it 2 weeks)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 07:06:02 pm »
Hey Catfish,
Two things to check for. Make sure you did not somehow, change the mode to Economy, which will maintanin a lower temp. If thats not it, check to see if you have 3 flashing dots, on your topside display. If you have 3 flashing dots, then there is a "Flow" Issue with your 24 hour circ pump. Are you using a Nature2 stick. We have had some cases, where the nature 2 stick is restricting flow to the circ pump. Try turning off the breaker, clean the filters and turn the power back on. Check back and let us know, how it goes. Thanks, Dave.

NJDave

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 07:10:38 pm »
Catfish, I'm heading out to dinner, but I forgot to tell you how to take it out of econo. Hold down your mode button. In a few seconds, the setting will come up. It will say either No Econo, Econo 1 or Econo 2. You want to be in No Econo. Simply push the click the button, til you reach "No Econo" and push any button to escape. Talk to you later. Dave.

Catfish

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 07:25:30 pm »
Thanks Dave,

I did check the econo thing and it's not on. I took the red filter out though and we're cleaning it. Since I took the filter out the temp is up to 97 from 94 in only about 45 minutes. Maybe that was it?!..Hope so.

Now we're  cleaning the filter. If we soak it over night like it says on the "Filter Fresh" does that mean we can't go in there tonight without a filter? I'm sort of addicted at this point so I'll need my fix..

Thanks again. Heather

Catfish

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 07:40:37 pm »
now it's 99....I guess I should stop lifting the lid and just let it heat up. Seems that was it..Sure am glad it was something simple and my spa nirvana wasn't sullied...

Last night was the coldest night since we've had it and 'twas disappointing(& chilly) to go out there and get in to tepid water..

Thanks again! Knock on Microban Acrylic that there's no more problems...

NJDave

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 10:02:22 pm »
Hi Catfish,
I'm back from dinner. If the filter gets a bit clogged, it goes into a flow condition, which is what happened to you. The red filter is a coated microban filter, which provides water to the 24 hour circ pump. I have found that the red filters with microban, will clog faster and can restrict water flow, causing the problem you experienced. This only happens with spas equipped with a low flow circ pump such as yours. No big, deal. I have replaced most of my customers red filters with regular blue filters or moved the red filter to the other location, away from the circ pump . The red filter do work well, but like any filter they must be clean.Maybe your dealer will alllow you to exchange your red filter for a blue one. Interesting note, Artesian will soon be introducing a disposable 6 month filter, for spas equipped with a circ pump. When it becomes available, you can install it on your spa. It is the same concept as the Sundance throw away filter, at about 1/3 of the cost. About $35.00. Anyway, it's good to hear you are back in hot water. Keep the filter clean and you will be a happy spa potato. Enjoy. Dave. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 10:02:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42