What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Concrete and Electrical Cost Comparison  (Read 2651 times)

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Concrete and Electrical Cost Comparison
« on: September 16, 2005, 12:17:13 pm »
Have been reading various threads about costs.  Here's how ours broke down.

Concrete pad . . . 7.5'x7.5'  Had a flower bed + an old tree stump to be dealt with.  Total Cost: $525.00

Electrical . . .75' from main panel running under the house & subpanel + GFCI at back of house + trenching (5') to tub + hookup to tub + moving an existing subpanel with 2 20amp breakers that was too close to the spa + moving an outside light that was too close to the spa.  Total Cost:  $1,950.00

We are in the Bay Area -- Northern California

Our total investment for happy soaking:

$7600 for tub (Artesian Diamond) including steps, cover lifter, ozone, chemicals, delivery and tax

$ 525 for concrete pad

$1950 for electrical

Grand total:  $10,075.00

My wife keeps telling me we exceeded our budget . . . by 75 dollars  :P

Hot Tub Forum

Concrete and Electrical Cost Comparison
« on: September 16, 2005, 12:17:13 pm »

cappykat

Re: Concrete and Electrical Cost Comparison
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 02:40:16 pm »
We are having a 20x20 concrete slab done with some additional masonry work done, i.e. taking out windows to prepare for French doors, taking out an exterior door and blocking it up.  We got a price of $3700.

That seems very high to me and I'd be interested to hear from others.  I'm in Florida.

Fortunately, my son-in-law is going to do the electrical.
2005 Marquis Epic

c00ter

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 04:23:30 pm »
Well a long, long time ago (2 months)..... ;D ;D  We decided to buy a spa...  Figured we would spend maybe between 6k to 9k for everything.  Boy were we wrong. :-/  

Started looking at the spas and we ended up going with the SD Maxxus @ $9800 (spa, steps, oz, cover w/lift, start up kit, delivery, & tax).  As you can see that just blew the heck out of my initial budget.  Now for the slab.  What started out being a simple 10x12 slab ended up being 650sq ft of stamped concrete for a price tag of $5000...  :o  See pics below.  (They just finished pouring yesterday).  

The only cost  that I was able to keep in control was the electrical since I'm doing it myself.  But in all, I know it will be well worth it..... 8)   Now I just have to wait a few more weeks for the Maxxus to arrive.

I will post more pics on later.

Still has the realese on it.  They will be washing it off in a couple of days.

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 04:52:04 pm »
Very nice.  I guess we're in the ballpark then with our price.  Can't wait to see your finished area.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 04:52:23 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 09:36:21 pm »
Nice spa. No more grass. No diving off the wall! You'll wonder how you ever got along without a tub. Have fun!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 09:36:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42