What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: We're up and running!  (Read 2477 times)

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
We're up and running!
« on: September 16, 2005, 12:48:32 pm »
Although the crew was WAY late, my Beachcomber 730 was installed on Tuesday!  The owner, Rich, stayed to do all plumbing, allowed me to hook up my electrical, and filled 'er up.  When I flipped the breaker, I was pretty apprehensive.  All systems fired up perfectly. :)

It was well past dark when he installed the cover lift, put in the chemicals, and picked up all his stuff.  As he brought the wrong chemicals, didn't have the half step, and was missing a screw, he came back on Wednesday morning and took care of all the issues.  He even comped me some extra chemicals, including pH up and down, softener, extra test strips, etc.  And he's a nice guy!  A great relationship so far.....

We've been having a great time in the tub for a couple of days, getting used to the controls, figuring out the jets, seats, etc.  Now for the issue:  After looking over the manual, the Beachcomber has what they call the "turbo" option.  My salesman checked the box, and charged me nothing for it, mistakenly believing that it was part of the "Limited Edition" series.  I checked for the button on the control, which is supposed to toggle between three speeds to "increase the amount of air that comes out of the jets", according to the owner's manual.  Trouble is, the factory didn't include it on the tub. >:(  After a call to Rich, and some checking of my invoice along with discussions with the salesman, the factory, along with the salesman, made a mistake.  The turbo option can only be installed during fabrication, so if I want it, he offered to order me a new tub ( :o) and to enjoy the current one until it arrives and they can change it out.  My other option is a refund of $190.  The owner tried to convince me (naturally) that all the turbo does is inject some air into specific jets, and that it is rarely ordered and essentially never used.  He says that he has it on his own, and dislikes it because it "splashes water up into our faces".  I'm on the fence on this one.  Do I wait for three more weeks, delay re-positioning and hooking up my BBQ island, and go through through the entire process of dragging the current tub out, and re-dragging a new one in, just for the turbo option?  Should I accept the refund, and is $190 a good amount?  I know that the process of taking back a now "used" tub, ordering, delivering, installing, and hooking up a new tub would cost a LOT more than $190, so I know that the dealer is praying that I opt for the refund.

Does anyone (owners?) have any advice on what I should do here?  Is the turbo option worth the heartache?  The tub seems to have plenty of power now, but I don't know what the difference would be.  I will be right next to the store on Sunday, and I may go in and check out the wet 750 that (I believe) has the turbo option on it.  Maybe I'll jump in and see the difference.  Any help here would be appreciated.  You guys have helped so much all ready!!!

Thanks again,

Greg

PS- I'll throw in a couple of jpegs ASAP.

Hot Tub Forum

We're up and running!
« on: September 16, 2005, 12:48:32 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: We're up and running!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 12:56:24 pm »
Test out the turbo tub Sunday and if you must have it, then it's your money and the dealer sounds ready to bite the bullet and keep you happy.

However, if it isn't that great and not a "must have" (which I doubt it is, as I personaly don't care for the air , turbo or not) take the rebate and enjoy.
07 Caldera Geneva

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 06:46:47 pm »
No, you can't have it!  There, I settled it for you.  ;D

Go test one with the turbo thing, if you think it will make that much difference in your life then go for it.

Congratulations on the new tub!

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 07:53:47 pm »
I have a Beachcomber 580 with the Turbo option.  It costs $299 when you order it with the tub.  The kids and I like it, but my wife does not .  I use it with the just the foot jets sometimes.  It a nice option because you can use it when you want, plus it impresses guests.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 09:07:56 pm by marks »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 07:53:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42