What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa chemical storage...  (Read 2853 times)

Cass

• Loving our Tiger River Caspian!!!!!!
Spa chemical storage...
« on: September 16, 2005, 02:26:25 pm »
Where do you keep yours?  Just wondering.  I've seen some spa steps that have storage space in them.  

Hot Tub Forum

Spa chemical storage...
« on: September 16, 2005, 02:26:25 pm »

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Spa chemical storage...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 02:28:46 pm »
As of now, they are in our garden shed close to the tub. When it gets colder we will prob move them inside.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 02:31:47 pm »
My tub is a few steps outside of my "laundry room".  I've been renovating/cleaning up the room the past few months, to make it more into a "Spa changing room"  (Benches, towel rack, robe hooks etc)  which now includes some nice white cabinets on the wall. One of which is dedicated to my supplies.  Clean, neat, close by to the tub, and I know where everything is, and can easly tell find what i need, as well as see what needs to be ordered.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 02:32:22 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 02:36:34 pm »
Similarly to Drewstar, I keep mine in a cupboard in the laundry room.  It's white as well.  I also pre-package my daily dose of MPS into empty film containers so you just grab one on the way out the door.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 02:44:59 pm »
Similarly to Drewstar, I keep mine in a cupboard in the laundry room.  It's white as well.  I also pre-package my daily dose of MPS into empty film containers so you just grab one on the way out the door.  

In this digital age, film canisters are harder to find around my house.  I'm saving my old test strip containers and think I'll use those in the winter time.

07 Caldera Geneva

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 02:48:30 pm »
You're right but try the film center in a Wal-Mart or another store.  They throw them away.  I got about a dozen at my local BJs.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 04:53:18 pm »
I keep the powdered stuff (dichlor, MPS, ...) inside the garage and the liquid stuff (test kit, enzymes (if I use them again), ...) in the basement stairway ( I have a couple of wall mounted shelves).

I wanted to buy the storage stairs originally but my dealer told me they aren't for storing chemicals in - PERIOD. Well now I don't need stairs so it doesn't matter - LOL!!

As far as pre measured doses, I've been saving up various plastic bottles such as perscription bottles to use in the winter. The bigger persciption bottles can handle a lot of dichlor or MPS and the smaller bottles are good for the daily dose.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 05:22:50 pm »
I keep mine in a rubbermaid container just inside the door and I took Tony's suggestion and went to the photo lab and picked up some film containers.  I use those for daily dose and brown prescription bottles for shock.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 05:58:07 pm »
I also keep the chems I use regularly in the laundry room.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 05:58:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42