What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Crown LX  (Read 2783 times)

admd67

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Nordic Crown LX
« on: August 08, 2005, 06:35:29 pm »
Anyone seen or used this hot tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic Crown LX
« on: August 08, 2005, 06:35:29 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Nordic Crown LX
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 09:10:01 am »
Admd67.

I owned a Nordic hot tub. I am not sure if it was the "Crown" sereies or not.  I received the tub 3rd hand, it was a round 4 person, open seating tub with aprx 12 jets. 220v, 1 catriged filter and 1 pump, cedar cabinet.  I had thouth the tub was perhaps 10 years old, but upon removing it, and going throuh some paper work, I discovered it was only 6 years old.

As mentioned,  I got the tub used.  I did not have good luck with this tub.  Insulation was almost non exisitent. It cost me a fourtune to run in the the N.E Winter ($150/Mo plus). The bottom of the spa was plywood and rotted out. Mice infested the cabinet.  The pump were cycle on for no apparent reason.

It sits behind one of my sheds now waiting for the day it will be taken to the dump.

If you are considering a Nordic, I would take a look at the insualtion as well as the cabinet construction. Perhaps I had a very low end model, and hopefully improvements have been made.
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:42:50 pm »
Nordic makes a simple, reliable tub. We were a dealer until earlier this year and the service techs swear by them. They seldom break down. I think Drewstar had something wrong with his because my past customers have never mentioned exessive energy use. The Nordic is not full foamed but they do make sure all plumbing is covered with 2# closed cell foam. The Crown XL is 84" in diameter/ 40" deep/ twin pumps/ 30 jets/ 425 gallons.

Where are you? I got one left in inventory. It could be yours for real cheap!! ;D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:42:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42