What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ozone vs headrest and EZPAD  (Read 17482 times)

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: ozone vs headrest and EZPAD
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 07:24:38 am »
stuart,

the Ez pads are great for moving the spa sale forward without a hitch. You're right, we don't look to make alot on them either, we just try to take away the "now I need a contractor for a slab" syndrome. It is a nice compliment to the overall spa package if you can help the prospect out. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 07:24:38 am »

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 08:18:18 am »
You say dealers dont make alot on EZPads?  Arent they 500+ for plastic squares?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 08:25:03 am »

BTW, by the time we deliver it with the spa we make nothing...guess that kinda blows the idea that I support it because it makes me money...but then if it does help sell the spa it does help make me money..

Making money is why you are in the spa business, I'd guess,among other reasons.
Not a thing in the world wrong with that, I sure don't work for free.
Perhaps the tone of my message wasn't what I intended it to be.  I wasn't trying to imply that they were overpriced or anything, or that the dealers were over charging for them.  I appologize if I came across this way.
Brewman
Brewman

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 09:08:53 am »
dazed,

Now I can see why your screen name is D/C.
Most dealers, I am sure, try to package the EZ Pad at a minimal cost, so that you, the consumer, has what is needed to make a final purchase decision, if you needed a patio or slab without getting a contractor involved. For me, it speeds up the decision process for the consumer. I can only speak for myself, but we only make a couple of bucks on it to help out our customers.
On the other hand...You may be correct, some dealers may opt to sell the plastic squares for alot of money.
;)

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 11:05:43 am »
I find it strange that the Marquis dealer would say it was due to ozone when Marquis and D1 are the only 2 companies rated with a low enough off gas to operate the ozone while the jets are on high!

I believe that Hot Springs produces ozone all the time, regardless of whether the jets are on or not.  I think someone also said Sundance does this as well.

-Ed

poolboy34

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 11:10:52 am »
D-1, Marquis & Caldera Are the only spas with FACTORY installed ozonators that run regardless of whether the jets are on high or not.  The ozonators on Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, and many other spas are DEALER INSTALLED, not FACTORY installed.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 11:46:03 am »
Thanks hottubber for the info regarding SD pillows.  I see the larger pillows for about 47.00 each plus 16.00 for the inserts and the small pillows for about 21.00 plus 12.00 for the inserts.  I don't see any breakdown on my pillows at all.  Nothing.  The inserts, though, seem to be more prone to need changing every three to four years.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2005, 12:54:56 pm »
tony,

The pillows in your spa will be in the range of about

$200.00 to replace. I have a little bit of a problem

having to spend that amount for pillows every 3 to 4

years, because you will need to do that then.

Now, $200.00 every 3-4 years is not that big of a deal,

but for those D/C customers that are on the edge

regarding price, they may not be able to swallow it.

PS, I do like my pillows in my own Optima. I'm just

making a point. ;D

$200.00 You've got to be kidding! Ouch!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
amRe: ozone vs headrest and EZPAD
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2005, 01:49:55 pm »
I am not sure what most dealers charge but   I am with Stuart...We are not in business to sell spa pads...If we can help a customer with a good price on a pad we will do it....I still like the cement....but these can work for fine for those who want to get something in quick....

ebirrane

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 09:39:43 am »
D-1, Marquis & Caldera Are the only spas with FACTORY installed ozonators that run regardless of whether the jets are on high or not.  The ozonators on Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, and many other spas are DEALER INSTALLED, not FACTORY installed.

Thanks for the info!

But, what difference does it make if it is factory installed or dealer installed  ???  The Del ozonators put on a hot spring are made for hot spring, and the tub is engineered to accept them.  Do you mean to imply that a factory installed ozone system is somehow safer or more effective than a dealer-installed system?

Confused!

-Ed

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 11:26:21 am »
Ed,

When it is factory installed you know what you are getting....Some dealers may choose to used a different ozonator to save a few dollars...

zzaphod42

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 11:51:13 am »
Wouldn't any tub which uses a circ pump have ozone 24/7 regardless of whether the jet pumps are operating?

Does anyone know if there is a good reason why many manufacturers don't bother to install ozonators on tubs for their dealers?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 12:25:10 pm »
If you have a UL listed spa..than for UL listing it must be factory installed....or you void the listing....

poolboy34

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2005, 12:27:06 pm »
Wouldn't any tub which uses a circ pump have ozone 24/7 regardless of whether the jet pumps are operating?

Does anyone know if there is a good reason why many manufacturers don't bother to install ozonators on tubs for their dealers?

No, b/c UL and ETL won't approve them to operate with the jets on high unless there is an adequate contact chamber that limits the ammount of off-gasing to a minimum.  This is why Marquis and D-1 are the only manufacturers (to my knowledge) that have ozone while the jets are on high.  It should also be noted that D-1 is the ONLY manufacturer that has true 24/7 ozonation, as the ozone is running regardless of whether the jets are on or not.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 12:27:28 pm by poolboy34 »

ebirrane

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 01:45:39 pm »
It should also be noted that D-1 is the ONLY manufacturer that has true 24/7 ozonation, as the ozone is running regardless of whether the jets are on or not.

OK. I understand the listing part, and the dealer/factory part, but:

1) Chas has stated (maybe he'll state again?) that HS is ETL listed.  Yet, HS also has an ozonator.

2) My HS has true 24/7 ozone.  So, I just don't understand the quote above.  From the HS website (http://www.hotspring.com/Spas_Built_Last/water_care.html)

"Unlike ozone systems which turn off when you're using the jets, the FreshWater III system is at work 24 hours a day."

-Ed

« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 01:56:17 pm by ebirrane »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 01:45:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42