What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Aria MSRP  (Read 11210 times)

l.a.spates

Hot Springs Aria MSRP
« on: November 19, 2017, 01:03:24 am »
Hi, forum - I'm a first time hot tub buyer and new member. After following the forum's advice, my husband and I wet tested 4 different spas today, and thank God we did!!! We switched manufacturers and models in the process.

We've decided that a Hot Springs Aria or Aria NXT is the spa for us. We're being quoted $13,500 for the Aria and $14,500 for the Aria NXT. The price for each includes stairs, cover, lifter, delivery & installation, and one month's worth of maintenance products.

Can any of you give us insight into whether this is reasonable? Are Hot Springs spas the kind of product that's a 'hard stop' at MSRP or can we negotiate? And if negotiation is an option, what should we shoot for?

(We began this odyssey with a budget of $10k thinking we could get a six-seat new tub for that price, and, sure, it's possible, but we've found the water quality and shell-feel experience superior in the Hot Springs. Plus, it's the only model out there that features the 24-hour circulation pump for quieter operation. So we're willing to break our budget, but not by 30-40%.)

We'd LOVE to have the spa installed before the holidays...a Merry Christmas to us...right?!

Thanks,
L.A.

Northern California

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Aria MSRP
« on: November 19, 2017, 01:03:24 am »

Kozman23

Re: Hot Springs Aria MSRP
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:09:55 pm »
I bought an Aria about 4 months ago here in TX...  The unit was instock, but not a demo unit.  I paid $12,500 out the door which included the spa, SMART TOP cover ($1600 option), lifter, HS Bluetooth Audio package ($1000), stairs, delivery/install and two months of chemicals.  I negotiated hard as it was above my budget and they were very accommodating as it was an instock unit they were looking to move it...  Your price at $13,500 is reasonable in my opinion, but there is probably some room for negotiation, but your location (Cali) may say otherwise since I know everything is more expensive out your way. 

Hope this gives you a better idea.
Evan

l.a.spates

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:27:52 pm »
Thanks a ton, Evan. It does seem like our price is in-line with yours considering west coast living expenses. Enjoy your tub. I'm envious!

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 06:26:54 pm »
What step and lift is being included in your price?  When you say installation, is that including electrical?  Regarding negotiation, you can always negotiate.  Do so in a professional manner and all the dealer can do is say no or you two find common ground.  My cash price for the Aria is $12k and $13k for the NXT.  I include CoverCradle II, Everwood HD or NXT step, local delivery, starter water care and cover.  I am in the midwest, FYI.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 06:35:49 pm »
Hi, forum - I'm a first time hot tub buyer and new member. After following the forum's advice, my husband and I wet tested 4 different spas today, and thank God we did!!! We switched manufacturers and models in the process.

Can any of you give us insight into whether this is reasonable? Are Hot Springs spas the kind of product that's a 'hard stop' at MSRP or can we negotiate? And if negotiation is an option, what should we shoot for?

Thanks,
L.A.

Northern California

Congrats for taking the step to wet test. Its responses like yours above that motivate the pros here to stop by and give this type advise because most that don't come here (and some that do) just buy on what looks like it'll work best but as you've seen the wet test can quickly change your mind.

Regarding your questions about negotiating, you're buying from the dealer not the manufacturer so it doesn't matter what brand you're looking at but at the same time not all dealers are alike. I would say that just about every initially quoted price has some padding in there to allow for negotiating but it varies as some dealers set their prices very reasonably to the point where there may be very little wiggle room while others may leave more to haggle. In reality you won't be catching the dealer off guard if you do try for a better deal so don't be shy. The way to find out is to counter offer in a polite but serious manner and the worse outcome you'll see if for them to say no which at least tells you you're getting their best price!!! Sometimes it works best to ask for additional items to be added for free or depending on how much they are at least added at their cost as a way to get to get to a final agreement. Also, if you expect you'll be coming back for other supplies/chems down the road it also is very palatable to a lot of dealers if instead/in addition to a lower price you ask for some store credit for future purchases since its basically as good as cash for you but assures the dealer that those supplies will be purchased that their store and not somewhere else.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hjscm

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 10:33:53 pm »
im in northen cali too and was quoted about the same price.  So im thinking that is what its going to be.  i went with a D1 amore bay after wet testing them for about a month.  good luck

Aria

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 08:30:57 pm »
I am in the Boston area. I was recently quoted 12,495 by New England Spas. It includes delivery, hot tub steps, cover, ACE salt water feature as well as Bluetooth built-in speakers. Do you all think this seems like a reasonable price? The price transparency with hot tubs is worse than used cars! I appreciate your feedback! 

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 09:09:19 am »
If it’s the NXT version, crazy good price. If it’s the Highlife version, really good price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 09:09:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42