What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pricing on Hot Spring Vanguard NXT 2017  (Read 8660 times)

vpn57

Pricing on Hot Spring Vanguard NXT 2017
« on: March 06, 2017, 12:52:33 pm »
Hello all,

I am in the process of purchasing a new hot tub. I am looking at the HotSpring Vanguard NXT but I want to make sure i am getting a good price.

wish the manufacturer had standard list pricing on their web site. How are you suppose to know what the going price is...

The dealer gave me a standard List price of $12,400 For the Vanguard NXT 2017 not floor model - No salt system/No Sound system/No lift kit ( I am using my existing lift system)

Whats the price difference between the NXT and the standard non NXT Vanguard?

And is 12,400 a good price on this unit 2017 non-floor model. In am in NJ.

I am ready to pull the trigger, but I want to get a Price Check before I purchase.

Thank you for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Pricing on Hot Spring Vanguard NXT 2017
« on: March 06, 2017, 12:52:33 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Pricing on Hot Spring Vanguard NXT 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:48:18 pm »
decent price, but me being me I'm still going to try and grind him down a bit if that is his starting price. Since you aren't even sure what the NXT upgrade is offering you could probably skip it and buy the non-nxt version for $1,500-ish less.  NXT gets you maintenance free structure (not a biggie, tons of others already doing it) the wireless remote and "floating" look with corner lighting..oh and they slap a BMW logo on the marketing materials which I'm sure you are paying at least an extra $500 for :-)  Good Luck!

vpn57

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:09:54 pm »
Thank you for the response...  The dealer said the NXT upgrade cost was only about $400, but I dont know if this is true since he never quoted me for the non NXT version. I have been looking into the difference between the NXT and NON and the only difference is the exterior design, some enhanced lighting and the Vinyl under sub-structure instead of wood. which would home up better over time.   

vpn57

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 03:16:28 pm »
I found a very nice comparison page of Hot Springs tubs.

it does a good job of showing the different features between the series .

http://www.hotspring.com/compare-spa-models

but I still dont know who much is the difference between the NXT and and NON-NXT its somewere between $400 and $1500 which is a large spread.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 04:37:25 pm »
I found a very nice comparison page of Hot Springs tubs.

it does a good job of showing the different features between the series .

http://www.hotspring.com/compare-spa-models

but I still dont know who much is the difference between the NXT and and NON-NXT its somewhere between $400 and $1500 which is a large spread.

If he's quoting only a $400 difference he is definitely not pricing them according to manufacturer guidelines nor like most premium Hot Spring dealers throughout the country...just look at Hot Springs website, look at all the marketing they do for the NXT versions...why would they go through the trouble/expense/tying in BMW/etc. if there is only a $400 difference in price, makes no sense...when I was selling most dealers were at least a $1,000 difference, I believe the dealer I was working for was $1,200 - $1,400 based on memory....On the outside looking in maybe he is having a tough time selling the added "value" and/or "upgrade" so he's just lowering margin so it's not much of a difference
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:40:27 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

vpn57

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 04:50:35 pm »
Hi BF,

He did say that he does not up charge as much as other dealers. but like most salesman that are trying to sell.

Ita a really nice hot tub. but If the price difference is not that must I would rather go with the NXT model.

I have to tell you the price of Hot tubs have really gone up. I purchase my first Hot tub a Caldera back in 1999 and it was around $6500 now they are twice that,

vpn57

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 05:11:54 pm »
How do you insert a Picture in a post????

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 05:19:03 pm »
Hi BF,

He did say that he does not up charge as much as other dealers. but like most salesman that are trying to sell.

Ita a really nice hot tub. but If the price difference is not that must I would rather go with the NXT model.

I have to tell you the price of Hot tubs have really gone up. I purchase my first Hot tub a Caldera back in 1999 and it was around $6500 now they are twice that,

doesn't have much to do with salesman, it's more on the owner of the company or a sales manager....If you are going to bring in product/upgrade 'X' for 'Y' price and then turn around and sell it to the consumer at 'Y' price whats the point of offering it if there is no profit to be made? but hey different strokes for different folks...the good news is that HE IS doing that and in turn you benefit :-) Happy Soaking!

And yes tubs have gone up significantly BUT they have also improved tremendously as well, more efficient and reliable equipment (pumps, heaters, etc) maintenance free cabinets have gone from a heavy product that easily fades in the sun to lighter/thinner and much stronger materials, LED lighting upgrades, WiFi Apps, stronger acrylic shells with many more color options, maintenance free construction, sealed bases/bottoms, salt systems, wireless control heads, and on and on....If you still want simple Nordic Spas can take care of that :-) 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 05:19:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42