What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-345 price check  (Read 8470 times)

kurifodo

Jacuzzi J-345 price check
« on: August 08, 2015, 08:17:18 pm »
Hi,

I was quoted $9895 before tax for a J-345 which includes a hard cover with floating blanket, "delivery", chemicals (for 1 month). Is this a fair market price? I live in the Seattle, Washington area.

I quoted delivery because I will need to get a boom truck operator to lift the tub over my house to its resting spot. The normal delivery option of by-hand won't work for my situation. I consider the delivery work on the seller's part less than normal given I am responsible for the boom truck cost, therefore, delivery is not really included at all.

Steps are not included, and the warranty is standard ("7 years shell surface, 5 years cabinet, 10 years shell structure, 5 years equipment and controls, 5 years plumbing components").

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-345 price check
« on: August 08, 2015, 08:17:18 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-345 price check
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 08:21:27 pm »
 If your in Canada it's a good price down here not so much, unless that includes the boom truck?  Even then it's high IMO.

kurifodo

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 08:35:20 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Jim. The boom truck cost is not included in that quoted price. Did you have a reasonable price in mind for what I listed? I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 09:11:47 pm »
 Look at this guys thread he is in South Seattle.   He bought from Aqua Quip guessing that's where you looked, it's the only Jacuzzi dealer down there?

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,18860.msg190940.html#msg190940

They should be at that same price.  Jacuzzi has another promo coming up not sure what it is..

icenogle

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 09:52:33 pm »
Kurifodo,

I can send you a copy of my receipt once my wife gets home.  I think she filed it.  It was, $9,850 after taxes.  Included a cover with floating blanket, steps, start up kit (mineral), a booster pillow, delivery, a cover lifter, bottle of aroma scent stuff, a rubber duck, two cups of water, a bottle of water for the wife, and the offer to feed us lunch.  The floating blanket is on my receipt, I don't even remember talking about that, guess it is what it says a blanket that floats.  I didn't bargain at all.  I didn't feel the need to, the manager just seemed like an honest guy, no pressure,  it seemed reasonable according to what I read on this site and I want him to make money on the deal.  He even suggested that I go check some other hot tubs out during my first visit there.  Instead, I waited three days for my wife to have some time for the wet test in the tub and that was it.  I highly suggest this guy.  Mark is his name at the Federal Way store.  I live in Burien so we must be fairly close to each other.  You can stop by if your want and have a beer.  I have some of this Root Beer Beer. It's not bad.  Also, posted some pics of my site prep in the show me your hot tub (titles Jacuzzi prep work).  I found my receipt.  See ya, Don Icenogle
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:00:33 pm by icenogle »

icenogle

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:02:31 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim, I will be in Bellingham on Saturday for a party.  Since most of them speak Tagalog I usually get bored, so I'm thinking about swinging by the fair to meet you.  Is that a day you will be there?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 11:13:02 pm »
 Sure the fair starts the 17th and runs the week, so on the 22nd I will be there.    Company is Barron Heating, we will have a tent set up.  If you find the clock tower/main square you should find us or just ask someone.   

icenogle

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 10:55:31 pm »
Kurifodo, I sent you 2 p/m.  My sent box doesn't show anything, including receipt..  Did you receive?

kurifodo

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 04:04:12 am »
Yes, I received the PMs (hope you got mine too). Thanks for sharing the information! It's tremendously helpful. Once I've concluded my sale, I'll share back my information for others as well.

icenogle

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 12:58:48 pm »
Additional price quotes.  AquaQuip gave me a rough estimate for hot tub hook up, wiring, GFI, box, etc of $1,250.  My neighbor referred an electrician to me.  His bid, which I have accepted is $900.  They will also be upgrading my service from 100 amp to 200 amp and everything that goes with it including permits, no taxes and 2 other wiring corrections that have nothing to do with the upgrade for $3,600.  Just thought you may be interested since we both live in the Seattle area.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 06:10:13 pm »
 That's really very good price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 06:10:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42