What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: anyone have any experience with Signature USA spas?  (Read 37462 times)

jms7328

anyone have any experience with Signature USA spas?
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:04:04 pm »
Wife and I stopped at a place by the house today and the guy was really pushing these Signature Spas. I cannot find anything online about them except their website..Great prices for an 8 person tub with 70 jets... their "S11000" model for 8k... would love any feedback. We are a family of 6 with 4 younger kids that like to "swim" in the hot tub but we dont want ( and cant afford) a swim spa.   Also looking at D1, Jacuzzi, and Bullfrog. Any feedback would be great. Winters get pretty harsh here and this will be used all year round so longevity is what we desire.

Thanks all!

Hot Tub Forum

anyone have any experience with Signature USA spas?
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:04:04 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: anyone have any experience with Signature USA spas?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 06:54:29 am »
Well their molds look a bit outdated. There's a bunch of BS on their web site touting a heating system that is exclusive to them, but all tubs create heat through friction. Not a word about actual insulation. Looks possibly like they use Chinese built parts because of the rising dragon jets. 2 year warranty on controls and labor is weak, they don't have a lot of confidence in them. Very inflated MSRP on their web site. Let me guess, your getting one for about half that? 3-4 grand?

Wasn't that crappy manufacturer that went bankrupt a couple times based in TN? No dealer network?

What are you comparing them to?
Retired

jms7328

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 10:11:07 am »
To funny....you are correct..he will sell the s11000 for 8k! So almost half the cost.

We actually werent comparing to anything at that point. We just had decided yesterday that a pool was out for our budget so we are going with a tub instead so we stopped by this place that I have passsed by a thousand times in the past. Decided to come home and do some research and I am blown away by what is out there! Our heads are spinning just from the time we looked through this forum last night..would love suggestions from anyone as here is our criteria:

Big tub as will likely have 6 people in most times and our kids dont just sit still in hot tubs..they go under and "swim" ...
Something that is very low maintenance and will last for years especially in our cold winters.
Radio, waterfall,lights,etc

Have a budget of 12-15k- we do really like that j495 at least from the pics

Thanks

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:18:43 am »
I saw some mention about insulation. They say there's some insulation on the spa shell. I believe there's a thin layer on the shell, and the rest of the underneath is empty. Kind of a "fake" thermopane style (if you're trying to recapture the heat generated by the equipment, WHY would you insulate the shell, thereby reducing the ability for the supposed heat to travel back into the spa?).

Their manufacturing facility is in TN, yet their sales office is in FL? Sounds fishy to me...more like you're dealing with a company in FL, that buys a private labeled spa from a company in TN.

They link to poolsparatings dot com, which some time ago was determine to be a "fake" site, designed to make some spas look to be just as good as the top brand name spas (my recollection is that the research into that ratings site was done specifically due to the brand you're questioning).

And lastly, google the address of their listed manufacturing address !!!!!;

1044 Fordtown Rd.
Kingsport, TN. 37663
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 12:01:24 pm »
I saw some mention about insulation. They say there's some insulation on the spa shell. I believe there's a thin layer on the shell, and the rest of the underneath is empty. Kind of a "fake" thermopane style (if you're trying to recapture the heat generated by the equipment, WHY would you insulate the shell, thereby reducing the ability for the supposed heat to travel back into the spa?).

Their manufacturing facility is in TN, yet their sales office is in FL? Sounds fishy to me...more like you're dealing with a company in FL, that buys a private labeled spa from a company in TN.

They link to poolsparatings dot com, which some time ago was determine to be a "fake" site, designed to make some spas look to be just as good as the top brand name spas (my recollection is that the research into that ratings site was done specifically due to the brand you're questioning).

And lastly, google the address of their listed manufacturing address !!!!!;

1044 Fordtown Rd.
Kingsport, TN. 37663

A lot of manufacturers are popping up with that address lol. That's where life's great spas and dr wellness are also I believe. They all sell their tubs for about half off msrp

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 12:40:50 pm »
If they are anything like Life's Great Spas, which they are made in the same factory, don't buy it.  Nothing but quality problems!

jms7328

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 12:53:58 pm »
Thanks all for the input! We are passing on the "Signature" Spas....great info from everyone! Much appreciated.

richierich

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »
Look at the sundance aspen or maxxus or the caldera cantabria, all large spas.

jms7328

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 08:25:41 pm »
I do like that Caldera a lot. Very reliable brand? Good warranties? Its cold here so durability is critical.

Thank you

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 11:09:27 am »
I do like that Caldera a lot. Very reliable brand? Good warranties? Its cold here so durability is critical.

Thank you
Yes to all your questions.  Very reliable.  Good warranty, with great company backing it.  Durable and energy efficient.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

jms7328

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:15:42 am »
Thank you for the info- We are also looking at the Arctic Ocean and wonder if you or anyone else have any feedback on Arctic as well as this model? I know its BIG but I think the kids would really enjoy it along with the wife and I-

Thank you

mai95

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 06:37:53 pm »
I would not recommend the signature usa spas, as others in this post has pointed out just google the address,
I came up with these companies with that address (1044 Fordtown Rd.
 Kingsport, TN. 37663)
Signature USA Spas
MFG Spas Direct dot com
LPI Inc (Leisure Products Inc)
Dr. Wellness Therapy.

That is in my opinion a major red flag. I sure wish I did this proper research before I bought a Signature USA SL-13 model.
Here is my experience with them.
I bought from a dealer in Florida (which I believe they are in bed with Signature since they seem to push their products)
While looking at the spa the floor model of the SL-13 had a broken head rest cushion, I was told that they had that model in the warehouse, but upon delivery that same headrest was broken, so I suspected that I got the floor model.
After contacting the seller they referred me to the Signature USA sales office who forward my email to someone else and after supplying a picture of the damaged head rest, and picture of the information plate on the hot tub, over 3 weeks ago I have yet to hear a reply, they have not replied to my email requests.
Another issue is the owners manual. It was supposed to be in CD form inside the spa, but I could not find it. So I downloaded it off their website but the owners manual did not match my spa so, I emailed Signature USA spas, (still no reply) about a week later I got a CD in the mail with the same owners manual that they have online. I was unable to figure out how to program the hot tube, set the clock or set the filter cycles since the control panels in the manuals and what I had were completely different.
After about 4 weeks of this I rechecked Signature USA website and it was total redesigned and they had a new manual online that was close enough to allow me to use to program the hot tub.
So Basically I would not recommend Signature USA spas, due to the lack of response to any emails about any problems that you have with your hot tub and their address is also the same of to many other hot tub manufactures.
So how my hot tub?
I would never buy another Signature USA spa or any other company that has that address, I would not buy from that dealer that I did.(but that is another post).
So far the hot tub had been ok, there are no leaks, or other mechanical issues. my concern is the total quality of the construction of the hot tub and how long it will last. My hot tub is sitting on my outdoor covered patio and the base of the hot tub is made of wood that while it is painted it does not appear like good quality and I am worried about it lasting 10-15 years.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 10:15:21 pm »
Why didn't you ask the dealer for those things?  They are a crappy spa made in the same place as dr wellness and where life's great was made until recently. I would've demanded the dealer remedy these issues. You bought the tub from him not signature.

dporter22

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 11:57:55 pm »
If you're looking for interior volume and space for the kids, the Bullfrog A8 and some of the Caldera models were the ones we saw with the most space for their dimensions.  The Bullfrog especially is very roomy on the inside.

westpennpoolandspaguy

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 01:07:17 pm »
Just in case anyone is reading the bad reviews ...I am responding to get my educated opinion on record regarding signature spas USA.  As a 20+ year professional in the pool and spa business i have read through reviews and comments about this brand which i  do currently sell. To call them junk or junky is a bit unfair.  Under that blanket there are many many spas and hot tubs following the same format of construction and have for years so they too would qualify as junk. (not really) The crazy part is 20 years ago we sold tubs built the same way with the same (or similar pumps/controls) for MORE money.  The best thing can say to my customers is that signature is built the same or better then spas sold in the late 90's  and with the discount off MSRP (which only supposed high end brands get anyway) they are a reasonable purchase price.
That being said people do not want to spend 10-12K on a spa.... as a former ELITE SPA (by maax) dealer we would be stuck with spas because people would not want to spend 7-8k on a spa which is a great deal on those spas.  Most people want a spa that is good enough. That, in my opinion, is where signature spas comes in.  It is sold through select dealers.  It has a two year main warranty.  Hey people! The warranty is in place to cover defects and some of the cost of replacing parts under that defect.  Most things that go wrong are misuse and abuse with chemicals etc.. Or just zero understanding of how your spa works.  Signature spas actually have you tube videos of how to fix the most common problems.  I also agree that calling a manufacture sometimes is a bad idea.  The consumer is not their direct customer, so call your sales person.  If they know what they are doing they should be able to help faster.

Bottom line is BUYER BEWARE !! Honestly if price is your final factor in hot tub purchase you will get what you pay for.  But if a good operating spa with some nice fun features is what you want then signature spas usa is not the worst choice you can make.  There are a lot of horrible tubs out there so watch out. 

If you want the best spa??  Decide what you really, really want and stop at the lowest price that really satisfies your need.  It might just have cost more then you thought??     Also ,any veteran of this industry that reads this would have to agree with me. (at least the majority of my info)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 01:07:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42