What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie in the hot tub Forum. Purchased a 2013 hot springs Grandee..  (Read 5733 times)

Nazz26

Newbie to forum and hot tubbing.  Been looking and wanting a hot tub for years.  Finally narrowed it to two tubs after looking at all my local spa dealers.  Caldera, hot springs, sundance and master spas. I even was thinking about a online purchase thru the spa depot there belize e600 model. But after months of research it came down to two tubs.  I'm a have a family of two children 16 and 10years of age and of course my incredible wife.  The two models were a 2013 hot springs Grandee without the ACE water system, no stereo but included a cradle cover lifter, steps, clean screen filter, delivery and a customized spa chemical kit. Total $10605 NYS tax included. The other tub was 2013 Caldera niagara frog spa water system with chemicals, cradle cover lifter, steps and delivery also no stereo. Floor model $9997 tax included. Or non floor model $10497. And yes I know they are made by the same company.
      My family and I did wet tested both tubs and we ended up buying the Hot springs Grandee.   One reason was the presentation and knowledge the dealer new about hot springs and also the proximity to my house less then 3 miles away. Better piece of mind if the tub ever needs service.  My wife and 16 year old also liked the 100% water filtering on the hot springs. The Niagara did look much more fancier then the Grandee but I found that many people still have a functional Hot spring spa that is over 17 years old. The hot spring dealer has been in business for 35 years. The caldera dealer also in business selling tubs and pools for over 40 years but they were 35 miles from my home. QUESTIONS:Was a taken on the price?or were they both good deals? Also any input on the hot springs tub I purchased? Any imput would help. Thanks.  Can't wait for the tub. All excited. The dealer stated 3 to 4 weeks before delivery.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:36:44 pm by Nazz26 »

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Newbie in the hot tub Forum. Purchased a 2013 hot springs Grandee..
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:07:36 pm »
Welcome to the forum!  That seems like a great deal on a great tub. We look forward to hearing about it when it comes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:40:20 am »
$10,600 tax incl. is a very nice price for a new Grandee...as for the tub itself its very nice, 24hr silent circ. pump is a great feature, you'll love how easy to clean and how long the Tri-X filters last and the dual moto-massage jets are the bees knees, I have customers who are on their 3rd Grandee and its always one of there top selling models every year throughout the country...enjoy!

Nazz26

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 05:56:54 pm »
    I thank both of you for your quick responses to my questions.  Paying cash for any large ticket item will always get you a better price..My local dealer instantly took 1 1/2 percent off of her price for paying cash and then I began to negotiate a even lower price from there.. I was also a repeat customer(bought a gas fireplace ten years ago). 4 weeks for delivery seems forever.  I feel like a child on December 1st waiting for Christmas Day to arrive. I live in Hudson Valley Area of New York about 1hr 30 minutes north of NYC where we do get much snow..My family and I can not wait to be soaking in our Hot springs Grandee New Years eve, hopefully as its snowing counting down to 2014.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:15:58 pm by Nazz26 »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:56:01 am »
Congrats, Nazz26! Yep, you're gonna love it. Get us some pics when you get it set up. I love seeing others' spa and how they have built their own little paradise. We don't get much snow in my area, so I'm not counting on soaking in the snow, but we have some good old cold weather that makes for some great memories in the hot tub.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

kurt6137

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 10:19:19 pm »
You made the right choice in Hot Springs, if you dont mind me asking, what dealer did you purchase from, I bought my sovereign off of Aqua Jet in Kingston, NY, I live in the Hudson Valley area too. The Hot Springs is a good solid tub, easy to maintain and quality made. Enjoy the tub.

Nazz26

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 01:00:34 am »
I bought it at Northstar Energy in Middletown..The owner Holly was my sales rep.  I can not say enough about her.  What a great knowledgable person that knows her hot springs tubs. She made the purchasing experience a pleasure.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 01:00:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42