What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Input on Jacuzzi 400 series- deciding between models  (Read 4311 times)

poppy4

Input on Jacuzzi 400 series- deciding between models
« on: June 28, 2013, 06:29:21 pm »
We are deciding between the j 495, the j480 and j465.

We would appreciate any feedback from others on how they decided.  We are doing our wet test Monday, but no dealers in our area have a 495 or a 480 so they are having us wet test a 470.  Does that make sense or should we try to look in another city.

Also trying to decide on lounger or not.  Dealer recommends not- because you loose a seat and doesn't think it would be used much.  So if you have a lounge seat and love it, please let us know.

Thanks for any input :)

Hot Tub Forum

Input on Jacuzzi 400 series- deciding between models
« on: June 28, 2013, 06:29:21 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Input on Jacuzzi 400 series- deciding between models
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:42:18 pm »
 Wet test is one way like many suggest, you seem to be across the board on what you are looking for size wise?    How many people will be using the spa say 80% of the time, if its a lot then the J-495 might be the ticket, if not, then I would go smaller and save some bucks. Lounge wise is a personal choice, most second time buyers don't go lounge again.       

poppy4

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 03:09:02 pm »
Jim
Thank you for your input regarding the lounge.  We will have 4 people 80% of the lime.  On weekends after the kids have football/basketball/lacrosse games, I imagine we could have 6 or so.
Our dealer is recommending the 480. 
Thank you again!

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:15:24 pm »
We have 2012 J-480 and love it.  It's mostly just used by myself 80% of the time and then my wife.  We have two young toddlers who one day may start to use it.  Personally, I almost wish I would have got the J-495 since I have plenty of room on the side of my house for when the neighbors come over, but your going to spend more in chemicals etc... if you don't need that big of a hot tub.  Check out the Jacuzzi pre-delivery guides and it was show the actual fill rate vs the advertised fill rate in the brochure.  The J-480 is very big, and when filled to the max right below the speakers and pillows is almost 500 gallons.  It's a great hot tub.  Make sure you get the radio, it's amazing...

Wet Testing is how I switched from Sundance to Jacuzzi because the side seat jets seemed to be more therapeutic and forceful that Sundance 880 line.  Although the Sundance foot jets were more powerful.   

poppy4

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 03:27:04 pm »
Thank you- we have a 13 and 15 year old and they spend a lot of time with friends.  If they are at our house, I am happy.  However, I realize, that  a lot of the time it will just be 2 or 4 of us.

Maybe the wet test will help us decide.

cyberkryten

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 06:04:24 am »

Try and wet test.  I like the lounger and spend most of my time in it, my wife isn't so keen but as it is just two of us most of the time we got the 485 anyway.  Four people (our kids are 14/16) is no problem at all and you could easily fit a fifth at the waterfall seat.

summerside9000

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »
Well it has been said. I have had the 470 for about a month and it is a great tub for 4 adults and a couple of kids splashing around. nice jets, plenty of power and adjustment. simple chemical adjustments, stereo lights and waterfall make it nice. Re-circ pump is a little noisy though, Remote is a nice perk. A lounger is perfect on the side but not inside as it uses too much room. Wet test might make me change my mind but I doubt it. A 495 is a lot of tub and if you have the people for it and the money. go for it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42