What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BullFrog vs Maax  (Read 38601 times)

Sam

Re: BullFrog vs Maax
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 12:18:26 pm »
I keep hearing a lot of people saying Bullfrog is a middle of the road spa and this boggles my mind.  Have you had any experience with a Bullfrog in the last 7 or 8 years?  Having been in this industry for 17 years, sold multiple major brands including Hot Spring, I would take a Bullfrog over any of them hands down.  Their warranty is as good or better than most.  The level of service from the manufacturer is top notch.  The quality of construction is excellent.  Reliability is as good as any other brand that I have worked with.  The JetPak design is game changing and not at all gimmicky.  They have a track record of continued innovation.  This industry is kind of a dinosaur and people in it are skeptical of change and new ideas.  Hot tubs have being built essentially the same way for 30 years.  Bullfrog saw that there is a better way and has come up with the most truly innovative change in the history of hot tubs.  I would guess that the people saying they are gimmicky don't really understand the concept and have little first-hand experience with it.

I'm not saying this to be combative, I just want to make sure that consumers looking for information are getting an accurate portrayal of this brand.  It is also not the only brand that I sell, nor would I ever imply it is the only good brand.  I suggest everyone at least take a look in person and see for yourself.  There is real advantage to their design that is easily demonstrable.  I see the response in people who have test soaked multiple brands.  When they get in a Bullfrog, their reaction is real and always good.  It's not just the jetpaks either.  They have built upon that and designed a great spa from top to bottom. 

If anyone has questions, I am happy to answer them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 12:18:26 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 05:31:02 pm »
Yes but they all have different molds and processes still, are built in different factory's using different management and people. So they are all very different tubs.
My understanding is they are all built in the same factory in Mexico now.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

mike

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 06:07:48 pm »
Yes but they all have different molds and processes still, are built in different factory's using different management and people. So they are all very different tubs.

Went to a Hotsprings dealer in Ocala Wow what a disappointment that was. It's to bad I know Hotsprings makes a Great Spa. Not that kinda guy or else I would call Hotsprings direct and complain, a very disorganized store. Well on to a Sundance dealer next week to view & do a possible wet test. Then wet test a Bullfrog I'm starting to shy away from Maax tubs. I'm still doing some research in D-1 tubs and will update you guys sometime next week. Yesterday my cement pad was completed 14" x 20' all I need now is get 220 installed & find the perfect tub.

Thanks Again for all you help, U-Guys Rock!   8) 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 10:21:41 pm »
 Bullfrog builds a decent spa, but it is a component spa, Balboa or Gecko equipment, waterway jet so on and so on.  Does it make it a bad spa, no!   But doesn't have the jets/filtration/quality a Jacuzzi, Hot Springs or Sundance has.  Call me a snob whatever, but if the jet pack thing much like the Beachcomber exterior pac were such a cool latest greatest thing out there, why isn't anybody else doing it?  And were not talking in the last 2 months were talking years.    Like I said I am not dissing the spa, but it's got much of the same chit that 70% of the spas out there have.   Clearwater, Cal-spa, LA spas, Thermo spas, Dynasty, Freeflow, Apollo, Arctic,Coast the list goes on and on.   

mike

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 10:57:45 pm »
I keep hearing a lot of people saying Bullfrog is a middle of the road spa and this boggles my mind.  Have you had any experience with a Bullfrog in the last 7 or 8 years?  Having been in this industry for 17 years, sold multiple major brands including Hot Spring, I would take a Bullfrog over any of them hands down.  Their warranty is as good or better than most.  The level of service from the manufacturer is top notch.  The quality of construction is excellent.  Reliability is as good as any other brand that I have worked with.  The JetPak design is game changing and not at all gimmicky.  They have a track record of continued innovation.  This industry is kind of a dinosaur and people in it are skeptical of change and new ideas.  Hot tubs have being built essentially the same way for 30 years.  Bullfrog saw that there is a better way and has come up with the most truly innovative change in the history of hot tubs.  I would guess that the people saying they are gimmicky don't really understand the concept and have little first-hand experience with it.

I'm not saying this to be combative, I just want to make sure that consumers looking for information are getting an accurate portrayal of this brand.  It is also not the only brand that I sell, nor would I ever imply it is the only good brand.  I suggest everyone at least take a look in person and see for yourself.  There is real advantage to their design that is easily demonstrable.  I see the response in people who have test soaked multiple brands.  When they get in a Bullfrog, their reaction is real and always good.  It's not just the jetpaks either.  They have built upon that and designed a great spa from top to bottom. 

If anyone has questions, I am happy to answer them.

Sam,

Thanks very much for your input on the Bullfrog spa.  I too was very Impressed with this spa and the store T&D patio & pool inc. located @ the Villages Florida. Several hot tubs set up & running etc.  The sales associate answered our questions and they have a deal going on till May 27th  Free handle cover lift bar, steps & stereo system included. Anyway back to the tub, Jet packs removed & switched out to other locations/seats while tub was in use + the 2013yr  has H-2 jet packs-pipeless plumbing w/o all the messy hoses all over the place + if any leaks occurred over 90% of plumbing is inside the shell & would leak back into the water not under the shell. Sounds like a easier repair to me.  I thought it was a pretty cool invention. I think your right Sam anyone that hasn't viewed one of these tubs in person & wet tested etc. should do so pretty Freakin awesome idea in my opinion.  I'm still going to check out a few more spa company's Sundance, D-1 however the Bullfrog 2013 tubs are high tech almost when the ABS & Airbags came out Lol.

I agree w/u I don't think the New 2013 Bullfrogs are in a middle of the road anymore or comparable to a Maax spa.   

I  appreciate all the information Tman 122 has given me Awesome Dude however I don't think he has viewed a 2013 yr Bullfrog in person & obtained a full demo.  I would think on the Gimmicky side to if I just viewed and read about Bullfrog from the internet or online images etc.

I hope Tman gets a chance to check one out & get back to us with his thoughts?  however not sure if there is a dealer close to him. I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I lucked out only 4.8 miles from my home. Sundance spa dealer only 26.9 miles.  still checking on D-1

I'm so happy I have you guys to obtain this important information.   

I can't wait to get my first soak in my First Spa :)

vangoghsear

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 09:06:48 am »
...but if the jet pack thing much like the Beachcomber exterior pac were such a cool latest greatest thing out there, why isn't anybody else doing it?  And were not talking in the last 2 months were talking years.   
This is a revolutionary design and was patented to avoid copying.  It's not like an improvement to filtering where all hot tubs require some form of filtering so they do a minor change to a good design and call it their own.  It would be hard to do something similar and not step on the Bullfrog Jetpack patent.  It is an elegant solution to containing piping connections in the wetted environment in an easily replaceable modular part, reducing openings in the wall to a minimum, increasing flexibility, and decreasing friction losses in piping.

bimmerdog

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 11:52:24 am »
My all time favorite saying "if it's so good why are the other manufactures not using it" 

What ever tub you end up with ENJOY.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 12:11:39 pm »
  Yes I kind of like it as well!   My comment was more directed towards Sam, I should have quoted him.   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 06:48:35 pm »
I think Bullfrog and Maxx have exactly the reputation they deserve. It takes a long time to get a reputation. They have worked hard to get above POS
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 07:35:21 pm »
Bullfrog builds a decent spa, but it is a component spa, Balboa or Gecko equipment, waterway jet so on and so on.  Does it make it a bad spa, no!   But doesn't have the jets/filtration/quality a Jacuzzi, Hot Springs or Sundance has.  Call me a snob whatever, but if the jet pack thing much like the Beachcomber exterior pac were such a cool latest greatest thing out there, why isn't anybody else doing it?  And were not talking in the last 2 months were talking years.    Like I said I am not dissing the spa, but it's got much of the same chit that 70% of the spas out there have.   Clearwater, Cal-spa, LA spas, Thermo spas, Dynasty, Freeflow, Apollo, Arctic,Coast the list goes on and on.   

I actually would look at the non proprietary equipment as a positive thing. That way the customer doesn't get screwed when it comes to replacement parts. I don't know much about the bullfrogs but I hear more negative stuff from my customers about a much more known company the I do about the bullfrogs.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 07:53:49 pm »
 So do I, it's why we sell parts at cost plus 20, to our customers.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 09:47:58 pm »
You are the exception Jim. The dealers with the proprietary parts in my part of the country get top, top dollar for replacement parts

JohnnyK45

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 12:01:19 am »
From Tman122...
There are also some good quality value tubs like Nordic and Viking and I like Great Lakes for their innovation.

We bought a Viking 2 tub last year and love it - and, currently hooked up on 110 and in WI, worked just fine this past winter (can actually hook this model up to 220 as well, fyi).  No issues, works like a champ and it gets used heavily.  Viking does offer some nice tubs with a lounger as well, so if a dealer in your area carries them, give them a look; a nice balance between price and features, if you are sticking within a certain budget.  Also, when searching for our hot tub, Viking was fantastic with calling me back as I bugged them with questions while shopping around. If we ever up-grade several years from now, Viking will likely get our business again (after testing for comfort, etc. with whatever models they have out then).

J

vangoghsear

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 08:03:35 am »
I think Bullfrog and Maxx have exactly the reputation they deserve. It takes a long time to get a reputation. They have worked hard to get above POS
Have you ever even seen a Bullfrog spa in person?

In another thread you said they have wood and metal in their structure, neither is true their structure is molded plastic.  Here you imply they are just above POS.  Well then how did they win the 2012 Readers Choice Award for best spa?

Yes, they had a problem with the design in the beginning with lack of water movement behind the jet packs, as I said before, it was revolutionary.  No one had done it before so no one had worked out the bugs, no one knew what the problems would be.  They solved that issue years ago.

I own one so I know my opinion is biased.  I've searched the internet for other reviews.  I haven't found many that are bad.  Most are about service from the dealers as I find is the case with most spas even D1.

What exactly are you basing your opinion on?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 12:27:13 pm »
I suggest anyone commenting to actually look at current products from both companies (inside and out) I have, and I can tell you Maax is not on the same level as Bullfrog...its not even close as a matter of fact

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 12:27:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42