What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seeking advice on purchase of a new 2013 Sundance Marin hot tub spa  (Read 26907 times)

chriswindsor

I live in Wisconsin and I need to replace a 25 year old inside the house Sundance hot tub spa that came with my house when I bought it.  I am new to purchasing hot tubs and I am trying to learn. After doing some online / dealer research and measurements, I concluded that the Sundance Marin hot tub was a good fit for my needs and size constraints (can't go any bigger and don't really need to).  I had very good experiences with my current Sundance so would like to stay with the brand.

I have initial un-negotiated offers from 2 different dealers for $9695 and $9199 for a 2013 Sundance Marin.  Both offers include Cover, Cover Lift, Spa Step, Chemicals, UV Clear Ray System and Old Tub Removal / New Tub Delivery & Setup.  Both dealers are well established have received good reviews from my friends.  I am planning to return to both dealers shortly and perform final negotiation / purchase. 

Does anyone have any constructive advice on what is a fair price range for a 2013 Sundance Marin or tips help to negotiate the price down to a fair value?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

mjb

Re: Seeking advice on purchase of a new 2013 Sundance Marin hot tub spa
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 10:01:18 am »
Those are fair prices on the Sundance Marin with
all of the other items included. That's about where
we are at here in Columbus, Ohio.

chriswindsor

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 06:08:38 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation.  While negotiating with the dealer he mentioned there is a new 2013 Sundance spa coming out mid April called the Montclair that is very similar in dimensions and features to the Marin but lower in price.  Does anyone have any information on this new tub?

Chiadrum

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:13:55 am »
I have been doing a lot of research lately and spoken with several unbiased professionals who say that Sundance USED to be the best and that in the last few years production has gone to Mexico and quality has gone way down.Ownership of Sundance has changed hands.certainly worth considering.Cadillac used to be the best auto in the world and then had about a 20 year run of producing total crap.Just my 02.Worth looking into.Not sure what other dealers/options you have in your area.Might want to consider Marquis/Jacuzzi/Hot Spring.For indoor applications Marquis has a lot of bang for the buck in their middle tier products like the 6-7 k range and having a tub inside you don't need to worry about the absolute best insulation/frame components etc. which is usually what seperates the Top tier from the Middle.Of course therapy is always the best on Top tier,but compared to a 25 year old tub you will be blown away by anything new.
Good luck sir.

mjb

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 11:32:07 am »
The new Sundance 780 Series Montclair will be the same size
and layout as the Marin.  The primary differences are that the
Montclair will not have the "SilentAir" Injection System, nor the
"I-Touch" Control Panel, and not quite the same jet selection.
Regarding post concerning Sundance's quality.  We have been
representing their spas for quite some time and have not seen
the drop in quality that was mentioned by the "unbiased professionals".
Also of note is that of the aforementioned brands to consider,
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, are manufactured by the fine team at Sundance Spas,
in the same facilities.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 03:43:44 pm »
What an interesting comment. The investment company that owns Sundance, they purchased Jacuzzi a few years earlier. Sundance and Jacuzzi are made by the same company, in the same factory, side by side.

I have been doing a lot of research lately and spoken with several unbiased professionals who say that Sundance USED to be the best and that in the last few years production has gone to Mexico and quality has gone way down.Ownership of Sundance has changed hands.certainly worth considering.

Might want to consider Marquis/Jacuzzi/Hot Spring.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chiadrum

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 12:47:28 pm »
Hey guys I hope I am totally wrong about Sundance but people who had no reason to sway me made those comments.
Interesting,I wonder why?
Oh well,got a used Grandee and really loving it.Awesome Spa.
Happy tubbing to all.

bimmerdog

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 04:11:23 pm »
Hey guys I hope I am totally wrong about Sundance but people who had no reason to sway me made those comments.
Interesting,I wonder why?
Oh well,got a used Grandee and really loving it.Awesome Spa.
Happy tubbing to all.
Any time I see "a professional told me some thing" and not telling what kind of professional this is always makes me wonder why.  Doing research is a great way to learn about a product. Some people come on here to learn and if you have info that will help others learn that is great.  But coming on here with info from a "professional" with out backing it up does no one any good.

Chiadrum

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 11:15:54 am »
The "Professionals" in question were a Spa Salesman friend of mine who HIGHLY recommended Hot Spring and an independent repairman that I lined up for an objective inspection before I bought my used Spa.I was not in negotiations to purchase anything from either one of them,just seeking advice.
I had previously been steered away from a Cal Spa and I am very glad that I was.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 04:48:18 pm »
You do realize that Sundance and Jacuzzi are made in the same place by the same company right?  I'm not a Jacuzzi dealer or a Hot Springs dealer but I too have heard the same from a few independent tech's I know and from a Sundance dealer who I know that also sells another brand

Chiadrum

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 05:09:46 pm »
All good guys-I was just repeating what I had been told.If I was misinformed I stand corrected.
And I am definitely just a guy who bought a used Hot Spring and not a dealer-not trying to sway anyone at all.

brillskill

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »
It's ironic how "made by the same parent company" is a valid point for sundance & jacuzzi but not for aquaterra and free flow..both by Watkins..

bimmerdog

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 08:22:09 pm »
It's ironic how "made by the same parent company" is a valid point for sundance & jacuzzi but not for aquaterra and free flow..both by Watkins..

You are learning grasshopper. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 08:28:31 pm »

They are for the most part very similar and possibly identical. I didn't realize people on here said otherwise.  The main difference between the two is big box store buying versus hot tub speciality store

brillskill

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 08:57:14 pm »
Lol..Dog!....not u hottub guy..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 08:57:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42