What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Help to choose Hot Tub  (Read 5285 times)

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
Need Help to choose Hot Tub
« on: June 09, 2004, 10:40:23 pm »
After consulting with National Spa's & Pools Institution of Canada I have my choices down to 5. It would be great if I could get some feed back on owners of the following manufactures:

Beachcomer
Jucuzzi
Sundance
Coast
Pacific

I am located North of Toronto, Onatio. If you have another manufacture in mind by all means please let me know. My budget is $8-10 G's.  From what I have seen so far I am leaning towards Jucuzzi or Pacific but nothing is in stone at this point.

HELP!  :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Need Help to choose Hot Tub
« on: June 09, 2004, 10:40:23 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Need Help to choose Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 01:05:00 am »
Is that $8-10k Canadian or US?
Have you gone to the websites of manufacturers like Sundance, Hot Spring, Marquis and Caldera? If not I'd suggest you consider looking at their dealer locators on their sites to see who might have a local dealer. They along with the manufacturers you mentioned will leave you many options to go look at.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gerrym

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 06:18:12 am »
Can only speak as I find, but I would have thought you have to add Hotspring to your range, They are certainly head and shoulders above all others in my humble opinion.

Cheers

Gerry

fedmandoo

• which brand do we buy???? Hummm still looking
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 06:31:37 am »
Why are you not considering an Acrtic hot tub???
Fedman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 08:11:35 am »
Since you asked for feedback from owners, we have the  Sundance Optima and are very satisfied with it.  
I do suggest wet testing.
The only way to know how you will like a spa is to hop in and try out all of the seats.  Especially true if you are considering a lounger seat.
 Stick to the premium brands and you won't go wrong.  
Have fun shopping.  
Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 09:19:17 am »
Kluzo.

Feedback from another owner. We own the Sundance Optima and are euphoric about it.  We researched many others and brought it down to the HotSprings Grandee, the Beachcomber, and the Sundance Optima. After many wet tests we chose the Optima for several reasons. I found all three dealers very good and their offers fairly comparable.

I would also recommend the following. Identify your local dealers of the big players. HotSpring, Sundance, Marquis, Jacuzzi, Beachcomber, Caldera and, D1. You should also add others that you would like to see (you mentioned a few). But I get the sense that this has been a paper excersise for you up until now.

In looking at the available dealerships in GTA they are all there and should be easy for you to visit. Just how far north (North Bay?) or in between?.

That being said. I really recommend that you visit as many dealers as possible and ask questions. ZzTop, Steve, Wmcall and others have posted some great posts on what to look for and what to ask dealers. I would also think that you ask the same questions to the dealers that you visit so that you can better compare the offers that will be made to you.

And finally, WET TEST, WET TEST AND WET TEST SOME MORE.  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 09:20:46 am by doodoo »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 10:08:25 am »
Don't forget to consider Master Spa.  Very nice......
Let your wet tests be your guide.......good luck!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

spaguyohio

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 10:19:57 am »
I agree . Master Spas makes an awesome product. Im not sure were all they are in Canada, but I do know they have a big presence in Toronto.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 12:35:22 pm »
Marquis Spas
Hot Springs
Beachcomber

Not in any order.

Master Spas NOT!
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 03:50:38 pm »
I greatly appreciate everyones feedback. I have not wet tested any as of yet. I have stopped by 3 of the 5 I have listed but got fed up with the sales person blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I felt like I was getting no where fast with any of them. I am located in Barrie and there are a good dozen or so hot tub reps in the area. The 5 that I listed have been suggested to me from others and my own research.

Thank You again for your replies. I look foward to more.  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 03:50:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42