What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2 Person Theraputic Spas  (Read 14224 times)

Sasha

2 Person Theraputic Spas
« on: May 08, 2010, 02:10:38 pm »
Hello there!  I'm starting research on purchasing my first spa and wanted some suggestions from those who are more tuned in to the industry. 

First, we're a late 40's couple with no kids and no plans for "tub parties."  What we are interested in is a 2-person type spa for back pain, shoulder aches, knee arthritis , etc...  We aren't really lifestylers - we're aging people looking for some hydrotherapy relief from the ravages of time :)  Lounge sets are a high priority, as are adjustable jets. "Whirlpool" isn't what we are after, we are after serious massaging therapy.

The intended location of the spa would be the backyard (plenty of space) probably on a deck or gazebo of some kind. 

I've been looking at the Island Escape Cabaret model, but can't find so much as a customer review on one.  Anyone out there got any other suggestions?

Thanks! 

Hopefully future soaker.

Hot Tub Forum

2 Person Theraputic Spas
« on: May 08, 2010, 02:10:38 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: 2 Person Theraputic Spas
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:26:59 pm »
Sasha,
you might look at the :
D1- Triad, Serenade
Hot Springs -Jetsetter
Sundance-Dover, Capri
Jacuzzi- j315
Caldera-Kauai
Marquis
Here is a list of just a few to check out in no particular order, all are very good manufacturers to work with, but depending on were you are located that may change.Have you done any local searches to see what is available there.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:54:45 am »
Sasha,
you might look at the :
D1- Triad, Serenade
Hot Springs -Jetsetter
Sundance-Dover, Capri
Jacuzzi- j315
Caldera-Kauai
Marquis
Here is a list of just a few to check out in no particular order, all are very good manufacturers to work with, but depending on were you are located that may change.Have you done any local searches to see what is available there.....

In alphabetical order I'd personally look at Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. You can go to their websites and use teh dealer locators they ahev to find out who might be in your area. Look for their 3 person spas which are really the right size for 2 people.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:15:50 am »
I would personally take a look at the Arctic Fox by Arctic Spas. It is a very nice 2-3 person spa, and it does come with a lounge since you were looking for that. It has nice depth to it for a smaller spa at 39". It also is available in four different jetting packages, so there are four different prices to fit most peoples budget. It is one of our top sellers at our store. You can see a picture here, and if you want some more information on in, you can go to www.arcticspas.com. There you can click on the "find a dealer" link to see if there is a dealer in your area.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Sasha

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:36:12 pm »
Thanks everyone!

I did see some of those models in my initial search, but since I couldn't find prices anywhere I moved on.  I'm not buying anything from anyone who won't list a price on their web site since only sleezy outfits pull that stuff. 

I live in Long Beach, CA so I think I'll have plenty of options. 

Thanks again!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 07:55:09 am »
Life Stylers?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 10:49:53 am »
I'm not buying anything from anyone who won't list a price on their web site since only sleezy outfits pull that stuff.  

That is a ridiculous statement IMO which is only causing you to lose out on good options and in fact its totally inaccurate to label dealers who do not list their prices on the internet as sleazy.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:22:50 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:15:34 pm »
Sasha,
 I would not go by a price on the internet. Spa manufacturers wii post MSRP but each dealer will sell at there price, alot of manufacturers have gone to a MAP pricing, i would not let that sway were you go, the deal you do not see you may miss...i strongly recommend you got to your local dealers and check...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

oldbones

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 11:22:23 am »
Hi Sasha,
Not sure if you'll get this since the post is so old, but did you ever settle on a spa? My wife and I are in the same position as you. We're down to the Sundance Dover and just saw the Artic Fox on here so will check it out. Just curious what you bought.
thanks
Old Bones

locomputers

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »
Hello - I am in the same boat as 'old bones' and was wondering if anyone purchased and reviewed the Island Escape Cabaret Hot Tub ?

TLWR

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 01:11:39 pm »
My wife and I were also in the same situation. After trying lots of brands, we went with the Caldera Kauai. It had more internal room than the Hot Springs Jetsetter, and was better quality than all the other similar styles we tried. We have been happy with it since purchase in March, we use it almost nightly.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »
TL (may I call you TL?)

Congratulations on your puchase: Welcome to Spatopia!

I used to be a Caldera dealer, and we sold a boatload of the Kauai tubs. We had it right next to the Jetsetter, and it was a tough choice. You chose based on roominess, and some would give that up for other features, but you selected a great tub from a great company! Enjoy!

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42