What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite eno  (Read 25858 times)

solo

Re: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite eno
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 02:46:27 pm »

Dan

Even if solo buys a spa can you see what a nightmare he will be if it needs service ;D

Actually, I will merely hold my Delaership accountable to our agreement.  And if he or she has a problem with that, then they would be the difficult one, not me.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 02:46:27 pm »

104 degrees

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 02:48:58 pm »

Actually, I will merely hold my Delaership accountable to our agreement.  And if he or she has a problem with that, then they would be the difficult one, not me.  

You are already a PITA ;D you dont even own one :D

solo

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 02:51:41 pm »
Personally, if a dealer isn't willing to allow me to wet test prior to a deposit or some form of monetary transaction, I know it's not where I want to do business!

You'll find historically that most dealers WANT people to wet test and do not put up obsticles to allow it. By being in the store and asking questions about spas, tells me you are serious and that would be enough for me as your salesperson.

Sundance would be off my list in a BIG hurry with that attitude.

I'm in the midst of buying a new SUV. If one of the car dealers asked me for a deposit prior to a test drive to show how serious I was about the purchase, I would walk out but not before being very clear why! I have better things to do with my time than shop for big ticket items that I'm not serious about buying.

Here's another take on things...
Some people walk into the store and ask, "how much is that one... how much is that one". Drove me NUTS! How can you determine VALUE by just price? I know these people are generally wasting time and kicking tires. If you went in with that concept, I could see a dealer being more stand-offish. There's different ways to show that you are serious and maybe your attitude was giving them a sense that you were just all about the money and not overall value. A cheaper pricetag is not always a better value right?  

The problem is that if I take every sales person off my list that hasn't been 100% truthful, then my selection goes down to almost nothing.  For example, I have caught both my Sundance and Hotsprings dealers in what I consider to be lies, half truths, or misrpresentations of the truth.  But I like the product they sell,  so I gotta put up with it.  

You just have to put up with a certain amount BS from the dealer just like he has to put up with a certain amount of "tire kickers" or "time wasters".    

solo

Re: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 02:54:47 pm »
The Envoy will have a lot more power than the Sovereign does.  Its two pumps really turn up the volume.  But it will cost you more than $7,000.

I had a pleasant suprise this weekend.  I was driving my mother to Washington DC for her 55th high school reunion, and we were talking about how badly I need this spa for my fibromylagia.

She wants to help me buy it.  So I will spend $7000 of my money and she is gonna help me if I can't find what I need in that budget.  

104 degrees

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 03:05:45 pm »

The problem is that if I take every sales person off my list that hasn't been 100% truthful, then my selection goes down to almost nothing.  For example, I have caught both my Sundance and Hotsprings dealers in what I consider to be lies, half truths, or misrpresentations of the truth.  But I like the product they sell,  so I gotta put up with it.  

You just have to put up with a certain amount BS from the dealer just like he has to put up with a certain amount of "tire kickers" or "time wasters".    

Get a Costco type tub

Repeat_Offender

Re: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 03:31:01 pm »

...She wants to help me buy it.  So I will spend $7000 of my money and she is gonna help me if I can't find what I need in that budget.

Are you sure you can trust her? sounds suspicious to me...maybe you should ask 6-7 other mothers in your area, see how much they would lend you if you were their son, then go back to your mom and see if she can't beat their number...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 06:10:41 pm by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

solo

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 03:33:30 pm »
Yep 104 degrees...I would lump you in with the best used car salesman and ambulance chasing lawyers out there.  

When I go to 7 eleven, I expect to get a guy behind the counter that can barely speak English.   And now, thanks to my interactions with you 104 degrees, when I walk into a spa delaership, I now expect to meet a lying, half truth telling, anything to get the sale, slick tongued devil.

At least at Costco I wouldn't be dealing with the devil...

104 degrees

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 03:43:51 pm »
Yep 104 degrees...I would lump you in with the best used car salesman and ambulance chasing lawyers out there.  

When I go to 7 eleven, I expect to get a guy behind the counter that can barely speak English.   And now, thanks to my interactions with you 104 degrees, when I walk into a spa delaership, I now expect to meet a lying, half truth telling, anything to get the sale, slick tongued devil.

At least at Costco I wouldn't be dealing with the devil...

I dont sell spas or fix them. ive been honest with you! something you seem to hold to your heart. in my buisness i avoid custumers like you. you want everything below cost and when it needs to be fixed, you want it NOW. i bet you would even come in and expect free cemicals for free because you bought a spa below cost. :P

I cannot wait till you have to pay for a service call ;D i can hear it now ;D they are ripping me off >:( >:( >:( ;D

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 03:45:38 pm by 104_degrees »

solo

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 03:52:22 pm »
Well...whatever you do fro a living, I'm happy to NOT be one of your customers.

I don't expect anything below cost or for free.  But I will do my best to get a good deal.  I know that this bothers you.  

Why would you be happy to see someone's spa break?  Kind of says a lot about you...

104 degrees

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 03:55:43 pm »
Well...whatever you do fro a living, I'm happy to NOT be one of your customers.

quote]

Thank christ ;D ;) :)

104 degrees

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 03:58:53 pm »
 you.  

Why would you be happy to see someone's spa break?  Kind of says a lot about you...[/quote]

All tubs break down even hotsprings. you will then need to fork over about 35 to 50 bucks just to have them come out.i would love to be a fly on the wall then ;D

Spiderman

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 03:59:12 pm »
The benefit to you from buying from Costo, Wal-mart, or similar stores, is that you know you are getting the best price possible from them.  No tire kicking, etc.  May I suggest the Highlife spa from Costco, $5699.99 made from the makers of HotSpring.  Great tub and a great price, plus no dealers to lie to you.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

104 degrees

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 04:02:16 pm »
The benefit to you from buying from Costo, Wal-mart, or similar stores, is that you know you are getting the best price possible from them.  No tire kicking, etc.  May I suggest the Highlife spa from Costco, $5699.99 made from the makers of HotSpring.  Great tub and a great price, plus no dealers to lie to you.  

I told him about the Costco type tub in one of the many threads he has started.

104 degrees

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 04:03:51 pm »

I have caught both my Sundance and Hotsprings dealers in what I consider to be lies, half truths, or misrpresentations of the truth.  

What have they lied to about?? do you have a habbit of asking Quetions you already know the anwnser to??

solo

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 04:48:44 pm »
I don't ask questions that I already know the answer too.  But I do ask a lot of questions.  Enough to see a sales person trip up.  You see, most aren't smart enough to remember the lies they told to you last week.  They then say something different this week.  

I have already posted numerous lies in this forum if you have been following.  Such as:

A Vista and a Sovereign will have a nearly identical feel.  Jet pressure out of each head is standardiezed and will feel the same.  After I told him the Soveeeign wasn't strong enough and that I might be interested in the Envoy, he tells me that the Soverign is a 1 pump model and the Envoy is a 2 pump model and the force of the jets will be much stronger.  

How about the face plate for the moto massage?  There is a faceplate but it's not gonna give you the same feel as a moto DX.  In yesterdays visit, he tells me that there is nothing like the moto DX seat in his spa.

He tells me that he must charge sales tax even with my prescription for the spa when another dealer shows me his invoices that don't charge the sales tax and points me to the website that shows it.

Every dealer has told me that their spas are the most energy efficient (how can that be, can't only one spa be the most efficient?).

Labor day sales prices that are good any time.  

The Hot springs rep told me that his classic series was as only cosmetically different from the nonclsassic.  Then later said that the motors were different.

Need more?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 04:48:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42