What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What the heck?!?  (Read 16397 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
What the heck?!?
« on: August 22, 2005, 06:23:13 pm »
Ok..gang....my husband has flipped his lid..entirely has gone totally off his rocker and is headed straight for the looney bin!

Here's what is going on......Hubby found a home in town that is up for sale..after driving around it twice..He's decided that....geeee lets go look at it... :o

Now I'm totally confused..I mean tell me this what's wrong with our house...it's paid for...(well it will be in three years when we pay off the new yard toy LOL the spa for those who are totally lost!) and the 50 x 150 foot lot is paid for too....so why all of a sudden does he want to go look at a 3 bedroom 2 bath home without me prodding him??? I mean don't get me wrong I love the fact that he wants to look...but, It's only going for 46,900 so I'm thinking it's probably in pretty rough shape considering the fact that house are usually going for 100k in this area for a 3 bed 2 bath with a garage.

Anyway..we are going to look at it with the real agent at 5:30 soooo I don't know...I'm not getting my hopes up.

BTW.......he went by it yesterday while unloading some grass clippings out of our yard..comes in the house and says I looked at "our" house again...man I think he's sick!

Hot Tub Forum

What the heck?!?
« on: August 22, 2005, 06:23:13 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: What the heck?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 06:50:57 pm »
comes in the house and says I looked at "our" house again...man I think he's sick!

Maybe its the Bromine fumes getting to him! :o ;D ::) ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 08:26:19 pm »
You got your toy  ... he wants his! ;D

There's a saying - "He who finishes with the most toys win"!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:38:26 am »
A 100K for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with a garage? :o

WOW! You can't touch ANYTHING in this part of the world for under $250K unless you're buying it for your in-laws! ;D

I just came back from the beautiful BC coast on Vancouver Island where you couldn't buy the garage for under 100K!! I was going through a local real estate guide there and the equivalent of our home in the Victoria area would be close to 1 million in a nice area with a view of the ocean. Absolutely NUTS! :o

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 12:48:46 am »
I knew there was something in the water up there messing with people when you started selling Jaccuzzi!!! ;)

Now it's effecting your husband also. ::)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 12:49:39 am by stuart »

Backpains

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
umm you guys are totally  losing your minds!!! We looked at the house and it's rough really really rough! The real estate agent didn't even bother to show up..I waited a half hour and called and she said gasping of course "gee I forgot!!" But..the back door was unlocked and she told us to go ahead and look. The back yard is where I will begin this journey! Ok...I LOVE the deck it's got a beautiful pine tree in the middle growing, and three bench seats around it. The deck is in three sections, the bench tree part is one two sets of steps lead you to the yard, The second section is to the right of the tree if your facing the house. It's a small section that is big enough to put the hot tub there...the third section is in front of the house and it's just a big section of decking that goes from the edge of the house to the sliding glass door. The deck is old and probably will need some extra nails and to be sanded and Thompson water sealed. The yard is cut in 4 sections  :o that just made me ask why? The entire yard is fenced in with 6 foot wood privacy fence, which is rotting in spots and has holes that would need fixed before my dogs would even be allowed in the yard there is also a apple tree that I refuse to let grow..(dogs eat apples this is not a good thing!) Mainly weeds infest the yard. The house is next....the sliding door has no latch on it, and there is a room that would be good for either a office or a master bed. The living room is nice, has a fireplace, seems the previous owners used insulation that they gutted out of a wall in the master bathroom to stuff into the fireplace to detain the cold air from getting in. The master bath is totally needs gutted and redone the floor is rotting and the toilet is looking lopsided like it might go through the floor. There is molding missing from the floor and ceiling, it's FILTY nobody bothered to clean up before leaving, there is left over food and furniture scattered throughout the house. Anyway this is where our Journey ends...with this note...they want 46,900 for it...I offered 34,000 Told the lady I didn't want to insult her but...I've never ever looked at a home that was on the market that had not been cleaned before it was to be shown to anyone...I was appaled by the lack of care that this agent took!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 01:03:19 pm »
Don't forget to check out the amperage rating of the electrical service! Is it 100am- 150 amp?  Compare that with what you have now.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 02:18:40 pm »
Does the place even have electricity?
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 04:01:47 pm »
Does the place even have electricity?

Come listen to a story about man named Jed. Poor Mountaineer barely kept his family fed........
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 04:33:06 pm »
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe you should try a-shootin for some food.  If you strike oil, you'll become wealthy and this will all be moot.
Brewman
Brewman

Backpains

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 12:10:45 pm »
Yes gentlemen the place has electricity..it's just very poooooooooor

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 12:10:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42