What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Taylor reagents  (Read 2362 times)

In Canada eh

Taylor reagents
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:46:17 pm »
Hi All

Does anyone use the 2 oz size of taylor reagent refills?  If so do they have a shelf life?  As Rayman pointed out in a different thread a couple of weeks ago prices on refills in Canada is little bit insane.  I was quoted $13 for the .75 oz and $26 for the 2 oz.  I think the local dealer ( not where I bought my tub ) is snorting the stuff and not selling them :o.  I would like to order the 2 oz size from Doc because it would save time and money on duty and shipping charges

Thanks to all in advance
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:47:06 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

Taylor reagents
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:46:17 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Taylor reagents
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 06:39:57 pm »
I bought the 2 oz and yes they have a shelf life. My opinion is that I keep them in a dark cool place (basement stairs) and even if they go to 2 years ( I do have some that are that old from the original kit) they will be OK.... maybe not the most accurate but close enough.

I bought the 2 oz because I own a pool and I take readings of chlorine and PH with the Taylor in the pool as well. I only have the PH and both chlorine reagents in the 2 oz size.

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 08:20:22 pm »
Thanks Vinny

I'm glad to know you can get about 2 years out of them.  I keep my test kit in a cupboard in the laundry room in the basement which is also cool and dark.   We also have a pool so I thought the 2 oz size was the way to go.

Exchange rates are favourable right now, I'm not sure about duties but I'm sure it will be cheaper then the local pricing

Thanks again
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 08:20:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42