What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cannot Get PH Level down  (Read 8297 times)

CapMorgan

Cannot Get PH Level down
« on: March 31, 2006, 02:34:31 pm »
Hello im using the taylor test kit and it says my Ph level is 8.0 and to lower it to 7.4, I need to add 1.83 oz of PH Lower i am using pro team PH lower and i have put in 10 oz so far and my PH is still at 8.0 why won't it go down?  :-[
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 02:41:04 pm by CapMorgan »

Hot Tub Forum

Cannot Get PH Level down
« on: March 31, 2006, 02:34:31 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Cannot Get PH Level down
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 02:36:56 pm »
Give it 24 hours.  Don't make yourself nuts tyring to micromanage the chemicals.  

Snyper

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:08:50 pm »
Give it 24 hours.  Don't make yourself nuts tyring to micromanage the chemicals.  

What he said  ;)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 07:57:56 pm »
obsessive water maitenance is normal in the beginning.  It really is not that big of a deal if it is off a bit.  It will eventually go to where you want it to.

micro managed water = early water change, trust me, we have all been there.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 09:16:58 pm »
a little high wont hurt, it will come down as you add dichlor

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 09:41:48 pm »
Hello im using the taylor test kit and it says my Ph level is 8.0 and to lower it to 7.4, I need to add 1.83 oz of PH Lower i am using pro team PH lower and i have put in 10 oz so far and my PH is still at 8.0 why won't it go down?  :-[

For the first time I have been battling the same thing after my water change. I have been at it for two weeks and my PH still reads 8.0+

After I add lots of PH decreaser, I check the water several hours later and its perfect but then by the next day its right back to 8.0+.

I don't get it.... so I just keep adding decreaser as needed.

My water needs toping off so I hope that will help because water from the tap is 7.0

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 08:19:27 am »
a little high wont hurt, it will come down as you add dichlor

It will also come down if you use unbuffered MPS to shock.  Unbuffered MPS has a pH around 3-4.

I suggest giving it at least 3 days to a week between adjustments.....the comments regarding micromanagement of water are great advice.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 08:36:10 am »
silly question, but what's your TA sitting at? If it's high (like mine, still at 240+), won't it drag the pH back to where it was (high) unless the TA is brought into "range"?
Currently my OTHER levels are coming around....but TA is still way high, and it's keeping my pH up there. :(

Good luck!
RIP C-Rod

CapMorgan

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 09:51:31 am »
silly question, but what's your TA sitting at? If it's high (like mine, still at 240+), won't it drag the pH back to where it was (high) unless the TA is brought into "range"?
Currently my OTHER levels are coming around....but TA is still way high, and it's keeping my pH up there. :(

Good luck!

I brought a sample of my water to my dealer so these numbers are from his test machine

TDS          0
FC         1.8
TC         1.9
CC         0.1
PH         8.0
Copper     0
Iron          0
TA         129
CH         203
Temp     104

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 11:28:33 am »
TDS 0?? You have no dissolved solids in the water...I thought water came out of the tap with some in it....???
And temp 104...did you take it there in a thermos to keep it hot? I'm confused....(as usual, it seems)
RIP C-Rod

CapMorgan

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 11:54:25 am »
TDS 0?? You have no dissolved solids in the water...I thought water came out of the tap with some in it....???
And temp 104...did you take it there in a thermos to keep it hot? I'm confused....(as usual, it seems)

LOL, I am not sure about tap water having no TDS I get my water from the city of Chicago and my TDS test strips, and the test from my dealer both say 0 TDS. So I don't know if it is the city water has no TDS in it, or that tap water having TDS is wrong I am a newbie here so I just don’t know, but both test show no TDS with water that is 3 weeks old.

My dealer is about 5 mins from my house so I scooped a sample of water and ran over to the dealer right away to have the water tested and it came up at 104. Now the funny thing is I have the temp set at 102 and the gauge only shows the water at 101, but when I had it tested at the dealer it came up 104 go figure I guess my thermostat is off.

Did you get your TA and PH down yet?

I hope it all works out for you.

Good Luck

CapMorgan  ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 01:04:56 pm by CapMorgan »

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 02:41:20 pm »
actually, I THINK my TA is starting to come down.....very hard to tell, as it's been off the charts, but it's ALMOST to the 240 color now instead of more blue.
Also, the pH is looking like it's coming down a bit, too....YAYYYY!!!!! Soon I'll be able to have "normal" water!  ;D (I've got a couple scents I'd like to try....)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 02:41:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42