What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2014 HotSpring Envoy Pumps will not run **HELP**  (Read 3558 times)

wifesaidsellit

2014 HotSpring Envoy Pumps will not run **HELP**
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:14:44 pm »
Just purchased a used 2014 model year HotSpring Envoy from an estate sale. The history as I know it, the tub was new in March of 2014 and used for approx 6 months (best guess) owner had some health issues and passed away March of 2015. When I came across this tub it looked to be winterized (drained and covered in plastic)
When we uncovered it the wireless remote control was not in its charging dock and it was assumed that it had been taken inside for the winter. At this point we filled the tub with water and came back the next morning, the water gets hot and the circ pump is running. We can not find the remote controller and tried to turn the pumps on with the buttons on the docking station and nothing happens. The lights should also be able to turn on from the docking station and again nothing happens. Both the 20amp and 30 amp breakers are on. Anyone with any ideas as to why the pumps will not run or the lights turn on?
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:54:06 pm by wifesaidsellit »

Hot Tub Forum

2014 HotSpring Envoy Pumps will not run **HELP**
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:14:44 pm »

gizmodo

Re: 2014 HotSpring Envoy Pumps will not run **HELP**
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 02:47:49 pm »
My guess is the tub is searching for the remote.  When it is doing that those buttons don't work.  At least that is what I experienced one time with ours.  By the way, you have an NXT if it has the wireless remote.

wifesaidsellit

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:51:00 am »
Fairly certain its not a NXT, HotSpring started using the wireless remote on the Grandee and the Envoy in 2014
From what you've experienced if your remote is out of range say a 100 feet then the buttons on the docking station will not work?
I'm a little confused as to the point of having manual buttons on the docking station if they will not work with out the wireless remote being paired up. This is per the instruction manual -(In the event the remote is not nearby, you can still operate the Jets and Lights by pressing the buttons located in the docking tray. Pairing is only required if the remote is within range of the dock and the screen on the remote continues to read "Searching for Spa".)- It would be great if it turns out to be as simple as buying a new remote and pairing it up.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:19:02 pm »
My guess is the tub is searching for the remote.  When it is doing that those buttons don't work.  At least that is what I experienced one time with ours.  By the way, you have an NXT if it has the wireless remote.

My guess would be that the spa was set to Spa Lock (common feature) so when the remote was lost those buttons on the main panel were locked out and a new remote is needed. A check with the local dealer may clear it up but it sounds like a new remote is needed either way so that would be my first approach to get the remote and see if it settles everything.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gizmodo

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 11:19:52 am »
No, it was not when the remote was out of range.  The remote was sitting in the charging station and then in my hand.  For whatever reason the tub could not find the remote.  During that time the buttons on the tub itself would not work.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 11:19:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42