What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Premium Leisure - Mark III - Tiara (? & suggestions)  (Read 4622 times)

Krsy

Premium Leisure - Mark III - Tiara (? & suggestions)
« on: August 21, 2013, 08:57:21 am »
Hello to all and thanks for taking your time to read and reply. Newbie here, first post, first hot tub and just when I thought it all made sense...

I have been to 2 dealers in my area and with internet research had narrowed down my choices to Hot Springs HotSpot TX  and the Jacuzzi J-315 and I still want to see the Sundance Dover, but this dealer is a bit far and can't seem to make it during the week with the usual 9-5 hours when hubby is still working. Have plans to go on Saturday morning.

Let me say that so far I was just “ok” with both the TX and the J-315 as they didn't tick all my boxes, but I understand we are looking at small spas and I will need to compromise on my “must haves” and my “would love to haves”.

I was introduced to a Premium Leisure Tiara yesterday and am impressed. It seems to offer so much more than the TX and J-315 and from what I have seen of the Dover (on paper).

I really like the 34 jets and placement for backs of legs and feet. I thought the "included in the price", aromatherapy, waterfall and color mood lights were just cherries on top as I would not opt to pay for these 'extras' but boy I would sure love to have them included!  That the steps and pure ozone system are also included in the price, well only my husband stopped me from writing a check there and then. ;-)

This dealer has been in business in our area for over 30 years and is well known and trusted. Good rating on Angies list, etc.  My only fear and that is due to this forum is the whole Premium Leisure was Hydrospa and the fact that this particular model “Tiara” is under the Mark III series which is NOT listed on all of the Premium Leisure websites. I was wondering why this is. It is an older series that is now out of production? The manual is available on the website and if Mark III is googled specifically it does come up on the Premium Leisure site, but if not googled specifically then it doesn't. I am looking for a logical explanation for this.

Lastly, and I thank those that are still reading this rather long post, is the price... Don't know if I can publish it here on the forum, but this spa will save us lots of money. We are just working folk, so this is not a detail to be taken lightly. Lots meaning it costs almost less than half of the most expensive tub we are looking at.

I am ready to pull the trigger on this hot tub, but it is still a lot of hard earned cash so am asking what others think and whether anyone has answers for/explanations to the points I have brought up.

Thanks again! Krsy

Hot Tub Forum

Premium Leisure - Mark III - Tiara (? & suggestions)
« on: August 21, 2013, 08:57:21 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Premium Leisure - Mark III - Tiara (? & suggestions)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:06:53 am »
You can't compare the value tub (PL) with the other 2 high end tubs. It may be less money up front with more bells and whistles but in the long run it will quickly catch up and eventually cost more in electric cost and repair. And in 6-8 years when you are replacing the PL the other 2 will be going strong and good for another 6-8 years. If everything I just said were true would the PL at less money still be such a good deal? In my opinion PL is a good comparison to Chinese built and big box store value tubs.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 07:04:28 am »
Welcome to the forum!  Let us know what you decide.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Krsy

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 08:09:38 am »
Thanks for the welcome wmccall.  :)

Tman, Thank you for responding with your thoughts.  Of course I don't want to be sitting in a dead tub in a few years or waste our money, but you have to admit I could probably buy almost 2 PL for the price of the one of the other top of the range. You have given me food for thought and I appreciate your input.

This whole business is just so confusing, anyone else have ideas and want to share? I am going to take my time and not be in a hurry. We are also sourcing the resurfacing of our old pool (from the 70's) and expanding our deck area, so I do want to get this just right.  I have time until the deck is decided upon and laid before I can have the hot tub installed. If it gets here too soon I can see Mr. Krsy plugging it into the garage or out by his shed and having a soak!  ::)

Thanks!  :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 08:09:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42