What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: location? covered or uncovered deck  (Read 8589 times)

IlliniFan

location? covered or uncovered deck
« on: October 07, 2007, 12:22:21 pm »
 ::)A real newbie here.  Have not yet installed Jacuzzi 335 in new construction.  Question is, should I put it on a screened covered deck or on an uncovered deck outside.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

location? covered or uncovered deck
« on: October 07, 2007, 12:22:21 pm »

Cyn

Re: location? covered or uncovered deck
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 03:37:18 pm »
In my opinion, outside, under the open sky, is best for those night time soaks.  Nothing like looking at the stars while you relax...  And I have had a few soaks in the rain that were very enjoyable!

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 07:55:44 pm »
I agree, soaking out in the open under the stars is the best.  :)

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 08:32:58 pm »
We kind of did a "combo" feature by building a triangular awning with an attached pergola.  The roof only covers about 1/3 of the hottub.  It's the best of both worlds.  We can still see the stars, but can also get protection from the weather. This afternoon we were sitting in the hot tub....52 degrees outside with rain.  We all sat in the corner under the awning and watched it rain.  Nothing better!  Can't wait to experience our first winter snow....

(This is an old picture.  We've since turned the tub so the cover lifter is in the back, added more speakers, and built a fold-down shelf on the left side of the awning for towels, drinks, rubber duckies etc.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:37:45 pm by rnblase »

mark 2550

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 11:18:09 pm »
Not to get off topic, but how about them illini this weekend what a game. Do you live in illinois? if so where about my wife and I just picked up a used tub and will be leaving it un-covered this year and will let you know our results after our first winter don't know  how to answer your dilemia until we trial and error our own first winter like you, but so far I like the wide open area as of date.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 11:33:51 pm »
I don't care so much about the roof, it's walls I want. As long as we're protected from the wind I'm good.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

IlliniFan

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 11:36:42 pm »
If I do put it on a covered 3 season type room with a deck floor, will I need ventilation?  How much clearance should I allow between spa and walls for access? Thank you.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 12:38:12 am »

We have our tub on our patio which is covered and screened in.  We live amongst trees, so the screen keeps the leaves out, and the roof keeps the sap from the trees off the cover.  It keeps the cover much cleaner!  We can still see the stars and the snow falling, and we can use it when it's raining/sleeting.  We have it on the outer corner of the patio, not close to the house.  No need to worry about slippery steps or trying to get the snow off the cover in order to get in the tub.  For us this works great.

anne

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 01:58:00 am »
Open skies, under the stars for sure!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 09:28:07 am »
Not to get off topic, but how about them illini this weekend what a game. Do you live in illinois? if so where about my wife and I just picked up a used tub and will be leaving it un-covered this year and will let you know our results after our first winter don't know  how to answer your dilemia until we trial and error our own first winter like you, but so far I like the wide open area as of date.

OF all the upcoming games, the Illinois one scares me the most based on last year.   Our tub is in the open, but with an umbrella nearby that can be put up in  a hurry.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mark 2550

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 06:38:39 pm »

OF all the upcoming games, the Illinois one scares me the most based on last year.   Our tub is in the open, but with an umbrella nearby that can be put up in  a hurry.

Ohio is a fine football team I'm sure your team will be fine they have proved themselves year after year. My brother-in-law lives in lima so we have a side bet going on, this is only our 3rd year with the zook master (remember the gator's) that is still his old team!!!

IlliniFan

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 08:53:52 pm »
Illinois has beaten Ohio more often than the other way around.  Especially in Ohio.  Heard on radio today.  FEAR the ILLINI.  LOL

mark 2550

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 10:45:04 pm »
Illinois has beaten Ohio more often than the other way around.  Especially in Ohio.  Heard on radio today.  FEAR the ILLINI.  LOL

Cool I wasn't aware of this fact since our football program hasn't been anything to speak of since 2001, I believe it was LSU in a sugar bowl we lost, oh well it's 2007 now time will tell.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 10:45:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42