What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover holder and access to spa's components  (Read 2492 times)

cuinohio

Cover holder and access to spa's components
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:40:00 am »
We are currently spa shopping and are in the learning phase…I have some odd questions.  We plan to place spa in screened/glass porch enclosure on cement slab...room size is about 7'10 x 24'.  In order not to block the view we need the cover to be off the width side of the room...7'10 .

1.  I don’t think we will have room for a spa cover lifter/holder.   I am worried about wear and tear on the cover if we don’t have the “holder”. …is it bad to prop the cover on it’s end on the floor against the spa?   Or is it best to lay it flat (on the floor).  Or should we try to find a holder?

2.  Access to spa components underneath….is there 1 door on 1 side only or do you need access from more than one side (again the spa will be tight fit)  So far we have tested the Tiger River  Sumatra 6’6 x 6’6 and HS Jetsetter  7’ x 5’5 and HS Prodigy 6’2 x 7’3.  

Maybe we need to shop for smaller spas because of the room size...but want at least 3 person spa?

Glad I found this site….great help for newbies like us!  Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Cover holder and access to spa's components
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:40:00 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Cover holder and access to spa's components
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 02:24:38 pm »
The Jetsetter might be a very good choice for your particular application.  The only place you need access is via the equipment door on the 7' side.  The Uprite cover lifter from HS only requires about 8" of clearance and would fold back off the spa.  You would need 7' 8" total and it sounds like it would be a perfect fit.

If you don't go with a coverlifter, it's perfectly fine and dandy to just prop your cover against the wall.

Hope this helps! :)

Termy
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Cover holder and access to spa's components
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 02:24:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42