What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to do an external cleaning of the acrylic tub surface?  (Read 4287 times)

HT2020

How to do an external cleaning of the acrylic tub surface?
« on: June 17, 2013, 02:39:37 pm »
Based on the recco from my dealer I purchased some "Soft Scrub" which is a spray designed to clean acrylic surfaces.  He told me that when I drain my tub I should clean the inside with this.  My question is that once the inside is cleaned does one hose it down with water?  If so, is the dirty water going to cause any damage to the pipes or other internal mechanisms?  Should I perhaps simply spray and then carefully wipe it down with dish towels?

One more point: When I'm draining the tub should I remove the filters? When I'm cleaning the acrylic inside the tub or hosing things down should I remove the filters?  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

How to do an external cleaning of the acrylic tub surface?
« on: June 17, 2013, 02:39:37 pm »

Sam

Re: How to do an external cleaning of the acrylic tub surface?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:02:11 pm »
I wouldn't use the soft scrub unless you can't get it clean with just a wet rag or sponge.  Cleaners will tend to leave a residue behind that will then be in your water and can contribute to foaming.  I have found that putting distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle and diluting it 50% with water makes a great solution that leaves behind no residue.  If you do use something like softscrub, I would wipe it with a damp towel afterward to remove the residue.  You can certainly hose it down with water while keeping the drain open, but most of it will not rinse out. 

It doesn't matter if you remove the filters or not when draining, though this is a perfect time to clean them as well.

mike

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 11:53:10 am »
I wouldn't use the soft scrub unless you can't get it clean with just a wet rag or sponge.  Cleaners will tend to leave a residue behind that will then be in your water and can contribute to foaming.  I have found that putting distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle and diluting it 50% with water makes a great solution that leaves behind no residue.  If you do use something like softscrub, I would wipe it with a damp towel afterward to remove the residue.  You can certainly hose it down with water while keeping the drain open, but most of it will not rinse out. 

It doesn't matter if you remove the filters or not when draining, though this is a perfect time to clean them as well.

Thanks for that information Sam :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 11:53:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42