What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I use to add all that stuff all the time like you were talking, well maybe not all that stuff, I switched to this method about 9 months ago when I got my new tub (lightning killed the last one) and it has worked SO well!

Thank you for the extra encouragement - I have one question so far - what are you shocking your hot tub with?

Cheers,
Spencer
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Need a DFW person to install a pentair CC150 (or similar)
« Last post by A.O. on October 25, 2021, 08:51:23 am »
Take a look under the hood, those things just really aren't that hard to swap out, most come plug and play if you get the right one, so its a matter of a couple unions, some bolts holding it down and plug it in where you unplugged the last one.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: What do you think about my weekly routine for my hot tub chemicals?
« Last post by A.O. on October 25, 2021, 08:48:12 am »
I use to add all that stuff all the time like you were talking, well maybe not all that stuff, I switched to this method about 9 months ago when I got my new tub (lightning killed the last one) and it has worked SO well!
Look at this for a more thorough rundown on it..  https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/how-do-i-use-chlorine-in-my-spa-or-pool.9670/

Thank you so much, I will give that a look over before I ask any more questions first.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: What do you think about my weekly routine for my hot tub chemicals?
« Last post by A.O. on October 24, 2021, 10:07:59 pm »
After a refill I balance the PH get my TA to right about 50 And add the dichlor 1' tabs, use them till I get the CYA up to about 30, then I switch to liquid chlorine. Try to keep my FC between 2-4. I/we use our tub normally 2x a day, I add about 2 1/2 oz chlorine after each use which keeps my FC at that level. The only other thing I add is 1/4-1/2 oz of MA maybe once or twice a week to control PH.. No need to add anything else unless you just want to support the pool store.

Look at this for a more thorough rundown on it..  https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/how-do-i-use-chlorine-in-my-spa-or-pool.9670/
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Considering switching to Bleach Method…
« Last post by A.O. on October 24, 2021, 09:57:48 pm »
Yep, or any big box store.
So I have been learning to take care of my hot tub I got with the house I bought last year. My brother in-law gave me weekly routine based on what he does, but I thought I would ask the Internets and see if there is a "best practice" or maybe a different method I should be using...

Currently after I fill it up with new water, I balance the PH first then do the chlorine.
For PH up and down I use Clorox brand.

For chlorine I use LEISURE TIME E5 Spa 56 Chlorinating Granules and follow the directions based on my 500 ga capacity.

That all seems to work just fine. It's the next few steps that I've been experiencing issues with my hot tub.

Once a week I put in 2oz of Leisure Time A Bright and Clear Cleanser. ( This usually makes all the white soapy bubbles and small white particles appear. I did just do a deep clean of the hot tub using Ahh-some Hot Tub cleaner, hoping that helps the next time I add this stuff.)

Next I put in Leisure Time 30210A Defender, 2oz. Wait about 10 min

Lastly I put in 2oz of Leisure Time Enzyme.

And then after each use, usually it's just me, I put in two tablets of LEISURE TIME REVU5 Renew Simple Spa Care Non-Chlorine Shock Treatment.

Am I missing anything or should I be using different products? Would love to hear another opinion on the matter.

Thanks,
Spencer
« Last post by ryguy76 on October 24, 2021, 05:08:36 pm »
Thanks.  Where do you buy Muriatic Acid?  Hardware store?
« Last post by A.O. on October 24, 2021, 04:25:58 pm »
After a refill I use the dichlor till my CYA is about 30,then switch to the liquid chlorine mine is a 12.5 % mix. I dont know what TA you are shooting for but I keep mine right about 50. PH will always climb due to the aeration I use liquid Muriatic acid to control it. Once everything stabilizes I add about 2 1/2 oz chlorine after every use (twice a day normally) and I need 1/4-1/2 oz MA once or twice a week is all.

No gotchas that I know of.

Check this out... https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/how-do-i-use-chlorine-in-my-spa-or-pool.9670/

Good luck, dont over think things, its easier to do than you may think. And dont buy into all the things pool/hot tub stores will tell you. they are just looking to sell you something.
Bullfrog Spas / Bullfrog speakers
« Last post by newmanab on October 24, 2021, 03:22:14 pm »
Ok, i need some help.  I purchase a used 2015 Bullfrog A8 spa that has worked perfect the last 2 years.  Unfortunately, the previous owner ordered it with the sound package.  I have never used the sound player, however the speakers are streaking down with rust stains that i’m constantly cleaning.  Does bullfrog make a plastic plug with a o-ring that i can put in the speaker position? I’d hate to purchase a bunch of new speakers at $60.00 ea. 

If not has anyone tried these?
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_261SPK10/Aquatic-AV-SPK1-0.html?tp=78639

Your help would be appreciated!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2021, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42