What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Is it wise to add a shut off valve?
« Last post by brownnugen on Today at 06:08:29 am »
I should clarify-  in my original post, the pumps I was referring to are the variable speed pumps for the swim jets.

After doing a little more exploring, I found a Gate Valve at the circulation pump.  Would closing that valve serve the same purpose of being able to not have to dump all my water if I had to remove a pump? 
Hot Tub Forum / Re: New Hot Tub
« Last post by MarKee on Today at 03:58:18 am »
Buy the Marquis, those prices are insanely low.  Not sure how the dealer can sell them at that price.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Marquis Epic vs Sundance Maxxus
« Last post by MarKee on Today at 03:54:53 am »
I would do the Marquis. Marquis made in US vs Sundance Mexico. Both good spas but Marquis is a notch up in my opinion. MicroSilk is an awesome thing to have as well.
« Last post by Tman122 on April 17, 2021, 09:22:24 pm »
2 sides to every pump so you will need to add 2 gate valves...one before and one after

Easy Peasy, good idea.
« Last post by CanadianSpaTech on April 17, 2021, 07:16:52 pm »
2 sides to every pump so you will need to add 2 gate valves...one before and one after
Hot Tub Forum / Is it wise to add a shut off valve?
« Last post by brownnugen on April 17, 2021, 04:21:06 pm »
I have a Tidalfit swim spa the I recently picked up off of Facebook marketplace.  When I opened up the cabinet to take a look at the variable speed pumps, I noticed there were no (visible) shut off valves going into the pumps.  I just drained the swim spa and was wondering if it would be advisable to take time and add shut off now.

My thinking is if any kind of repair to the pump were needed (crossing my fingers I will never need to), a shut off valve just before the pumps would prevent me from having to drain 2,000 gallons of water.

Has anyone ever done something like this? 
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs / J-365 Filter Cover
« Last post by Badgerx23 on April 17, 2021, 03:49:56 pm »
Just got  a new hot tub and the dealer has been less than helpful so far.  When the jets are on the filter cover moves up.  I feel like I am pushing it down with enough force but do not feel anything click in.

Is the filter cover supposed to move up and down.  This is what it looks like with the jets on, let me know if you want to see anything else.  Thank you for helping me.

https://imgur.com/a/exRCUBU for the photo, not sure how to insert images
Hot Tub Forum / Re: New Hot Tub
« Last post by shyn264 on April 17, 2021, 12:33:43 am »
I appreciate all of the great feedback. My head is spinning with all the different options, models, etc.

I looked over the design, fit, cost, and dealer (rating/reviews) which led me to decrease my selection ever so slightly to Marquis V84, Hotspring Flash, Jacuzzi J345, and Artesian Captiva Elite. Is there another way that you can perhaps narrow down my selection? Perhaps based on warranty/insulation/reliability/customer service/parts availability/etc.? Thanks again. 
Hot Tub Forum / Marquis Epic vs Sundance Maxxus
« Last post by BRinTO on April 15, 2021, 03:46:53 pm »
Hi there, we've narrowed our search down to the Marquis Epic vs Sundance Maxxus. Pricing is pretty similar, so I'm curious if there's anything else I should be looking at. I think I like the microsilk option on the Marquis, but not sure that's enough to pick Marquis.

Any thoughts would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!
Calling @RDspaguy

He restores tubs and is a great resource. Perhaps he may have some suggestions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2021, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42