What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Hot Tub Forum / Re: 60 amp breaker on a 100 amp service
« Last post by heliguy on April 22, 2021, 08:46:34 pm »
Late reply but your first step is to contact your electrical provider (the utility you pay your bills to). They are responsible for the cables from the pole to your house. Then you need to contact an electrician to upgrade your actual panel. You're probably looking at a minimum of $1000, but I can't say for sure. Connecting that load to your existing panel is just asking for trouble/headaches and you are best off dealing with this problem now, regardless of the tub.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Bullfrog A7 vs Hotspring Vanguard
« Last post by heliguy on April 22, 2021, 08:34:08 pm »
I had an R7L for nearly 3 years, 3 different tubs since the acrylic needed warranteed. Small deformation on the exterior where it wraps around the enclosure, didnt affect the tub operation but was certainly cosmetic when viewed from the right angle.

I cannot speak to any other manufacturer, but the bullfrog is a great tub overall. I would heed the advice of the other posters regarding corner seats. Middle seats are basically just rest/cooldown seats, the corner seats are where the magic happens. On that note, My wife uses my hot tub more than me and she spends 80% of her time in there with the jets OFF. YMMV
Hot Spring Spas / Re: Hotspring Flair, Caldera Makena
« Last post by heliguy on April 22, 2021, 08:25:54 pm »
I don't really agree with that. You may have more insight than I do, depending on who you are, but I expect more tubs available on the second hand market in the next year to two, and demand for new tubs to drop as more of the nation opens back up. I understand that demand is crazy high right now, but the tub industry can't possibly survive with 30% markups in perpetuity when the products are available elsewhere.

That being said, I'm not looking for a 2009 price in 2021, I am however looking for a fair price.
« Last post by castletonia on April 22, 2021, 06:52:44 pm »
That's what I am concerned about... I can certainly wait another 6 months if it drives prices down. I'm ready to buy now, but paying a 30-40% markup is insane..... Curious what input others have

Prices will probably never go back down.  Only thing that will change is your ability to successfully negotiate more.  Waiting another 6-9 months to purchase will only result in you paying more than you would have today and waiting another 9-12 months to get the hot tub you want.
Hot Tub Forum / Pinnacle PR982
« Last post by rjcimini on April 22, 2021, 06:49:32 pm »
I'm a first time spa buyer.  I'm looking for a spa which seats 6+, preferably 7-8, that is well built and middle of the road priced.  I've been looking at the Catalina Nantucket, Viking Tradition 1 and Pinnacle PR982.  I don't know much about Pinnacle except that it's build by Premium Leisure Spas.  Information that I've found on line and by talking with Spa dealers is confusing and contradictory.  I'm looking for some honest input from folks who are familiar with / owned these spas. 
« Last post by heliguy on April 22, 2021, 06:46:11 pm »
That's what I am concerned about... I can certainly wait another 6 months if it drives prices down. I'm ready to buy now, but paying a 30-40% markup is insane..... Curious what input others have
« Last post by Hottubguy on April 22, 2021, 06:20:43 pm »
On the Makena itís a bit higher then where we are at but prices have shot up considerably in the last 8-12 months. I have a feeling they are going up again.  Freight especially for people in northeast (Iím in Mass) have more then doubled this past year
Hot Spring Spas / Hotspring Flair, Caldera Makena
« Last post by heliguy on April 22, 2021, 05:36:15 pm »
Hey everyone.

I moved almost a year ago and left my bullfrog R7L behind. Today I reached out to the local dealer on prices on the Hotspring Flair and Caldera Makena and got pricing for 14-15k base. This seems high to me, I'm in the northeast US. I'm all about supporting local business and buying a quality tub with local service, but a 3-5k (I think) pandemic markup seems excessive. Thoughts?
Hot Tub Forum / Re: artesian plumbing changed
« Last post by BullFrogSpasMN on April 22, 2021, 05:19:01 pm »
Was the sales guy selling you a hot tub or a bunch of plumbing fittings? I'm confused

Well, changing the plumbing connections could be a substantial change in construction and quality. The tubs I looked at in the showroom, which I based my decision on, had both glued and clamped plumbing lines.

Artesian still makes a well constructed tub, how well these new sure grip glued only connections will work for leak prevention down the road is my concern. We know from time tested experience that glued and clamped joints are superior in almost all cases than strictly glued connections. I'm assuming that the sure grip system has some sort of mechanical fit in addition of also being glued.

Time will tell

look at the warranty, if they've changed it with the new plumbing design than it's a red flag, if not than you can assume it's been vetted and will work as well as regular fittings.  As far as clamped and glued being 'better' I'd have to see some data to back this up, I remodeled and built swimming pools and inground spas for years, nobody uses clamps + glue joints in any part of the construction and those lines get buried underground so not sure what all this glued and clamped hype comes from...if a glue joint fails it will fail, a clamp isn't going to prevent a leak since the clamp in theory would be 'behind the glue joint' so to speak. It sounds like someones marketing idea to make people feel warm and fuzzy
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Bullfrog A7 vs Hotspring Vanguard
« Last post by BullFrogSpasMN on April 22, 2021, 05:00:13 pm »
Both are great brands from a construction/warranty standpoint.  I'll comment because I've sat in both dozens of times FYI but I'll take a Bullfrog for these reasons, again just my opinions your mileage may vary.

1. 4 corner seats, the A7 has them, the Vanguard doesn't, you and guests will want to spend 99% of the time in 'corner seats' so having an extra one is a big advantage for myself personally.
2. Jetting...moto jets are great but I don't need nor want them in both of the seats (again those comfy corner seats) where I'll spend 99% of my time and as far as comparing the rest of the jets, the jetpak option(s) allow you to choose from better options than what I call 'the (3) industry standard' jets which are spinners, large & small directional jets found in the Hot Spring.

That's about it for my opinion, again both well built, well insulated with top level warranties by top manufacturers but for those reasons alone I take the Bullfrog, just my .02 Good Luck!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2021, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42