What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Bullfrog Spas / Re: Bullfrog Waterfall Question
« Last post by Davekro on December 29, 2023, 01:03:51 pm »
[Resurrecting a 2019 discussion]

The 2023 Bullfrog A6L- Select Trim has a separate tiny pump for the waterfall.
1) Does the wiring, plumbing and software allow running the waterfall all by itself via the touch screen control panel. Meaning, with no filtration or Jets running from either Jet Pump unless it needs to cycle on temporarily (at low speed), as heating is needed?
2) If #1 is yes.... I'm sure that I am dreaming to think that if running just the waterfall, that the EOS system would be wired & plumbed to run and ozone would be circulating during 'Just waterfall' periods. It would be total mushroom fantasy land that you could schedule the water fall say to run for an hour twice a day, so ozone could be circulated 4 times per day (twice on Jet Pump filter/ozone cycle and twice on the Unicorn programmable water fall pump cycle. ;)  ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/199746734@N04/53429040131/in/dateposted-public/

When I was checking out the equipment area of the Bullfrog A6L- Select Trim floor model I will be buying, I noticed a very small, maybe 2.5" dia. pump on the far right side, bottom. Goulds Water Technology 35 W (so .047, ≈1/20 HP), 29 PSI (picture linked abve). The salesman did not know what it was for. With a bit of Googling, I found it was for the waterfall.

Hot Tub Forum / Re: Order new tub With Circulation pump -or- Without? Why or Why Not?
« Last post by Davekro on December 29, 2023, 04:30:56 am »
I WAS thinking I really wanted the programmable BF Circ. pump, but since they are strictly an option on all A series trim levels, so you must order and spec a new spa to get it, I felt I'd be OK w/o it. That maybe programming the low speed jet pump to run x minutes an hour would hopefully be able to make full use of the EOS's ozone cleaning capability. If my assumption is true, what kind of filtration (and hence EOS ozone circulation), would you say might be good?

I wanna ask if I should hold out and just order an A6Lwith a (programmable) Circ pump, and wait a month or two to get my spa -and- miss out on a significant floor model discount (on this 2 month old dry 'floor model')..... But then I think: "For SOME reason, Bullfrog does not think Circ pumps are worth putting stock in any-of-their-spas. So I question my strong desire for one...
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Buying a tub at a 20% to 35% savings from a brand new dealer?
« Last post by Davekro on December 29, 2023, 04:17:13 am »
I was considering stretching my already stretched budget, but that mental battle never started after my wife agreed to go do the wet test with me the day after Xmas at the new dealer w/ great pricing. She hates to participate in (to her) my extremely involved research projects. Once she saw the spas in person, she was then interested. I really wanted her input on shell and exterior colors. From our discussion on shell color, I was looking at the Platinum (white w/ light gray swirling). The almond shell, my mind kind of blocked out as 'one of those dark colors'. She really liked the almond shell the best. As I looked at the A6L- Select floor model, knowing 1) that tub could have gotten at a great discount... now. 2) My wife really liked that whole package of A6L, Select Trim, Almond shell. The fact that she joined in my excitement with that tub, that made me decide: "OK, we deserve to splurge for the select trim model!"  LOL.

So I put down $3k deposit to hold it, because I told the young sales guy, that I really like, that for due diligence I needed to see if the local larger dealer had a comparable floor model at as good or better price.

I thought the other dealer would come close, but if that was true, it would confirm my price as very good. Actually before I asked about the floor model, I asked the price to order a new A6L-Select Spec'd the same w/ EOS as the only Optional item, but with Platinum shell instead (implying Platinum was what I really wanted.  ;) I really just wanted to see his best price on a new 'ordered' spa vs the same spa as a floor model. He offered the floor model for $15,900 A6L Select, EOS, Almond shell, $100 worth of chemicals, a Covermate l or lll, my choice, Delivery included. (I did not need a step).

The internet sales rep for the large 8-store chain told me she had pass along my $15,900 sales agreement I sent her up to management to see what they would do,

They have two A6L floor models, both wet testers. One is a Standard, one is a PLUS. She said both these A6L's have the BT Audio option. I said I was'nt really interested in paying a big premium for audio, as it was not even on my radar to consider, but send me your best price on the A6L PLUS wet tester w/EOS and BT Audio, and I'd consider it.

She has not gotten back yet. wanting to know what the Audio option price for an A6L was, I asked my new dealer the option price for audio on an ordered A6L and he said $600. I was surprised it was that low. I heard the transducer speaker system in the A9L we wet tested. I was REALLY surprised that it sounded as good as it did. Obviously, at the A9 Select's price point, they can afford to put in A-LOT of transducers, a decent amp, and mabe even two subwoofers, IDK. But when I heard the A6L audio was only $600, I am wondering if they only put one or two transducers and a very small am, maybe no subwoofer. I'd be really curious 1) to confirm the option price for A6L PLUS to add audio. That way I can know how much to 'value' that option for my maybe/ maybe not decision if their price is a good bit below the $15,900 Select amount. I assume that Wet tester A6L has been at a busier store testing away for a year or more. The $15,900 A6L Select is only two months old in a store with low, low traffic as yet.
@BullFrogSpasMN ,

Thanks for the good info. I do feel less apprehensive once I narrow down to my 1–2 specific 1st choices between the BF A6L & A7L, which Trim Level, I'll run those specs past the established dealer for their price. When I went through Bullfrog's build a tub sequence on their site, the options got confusing. LOL, I was actually typing you a PM to ask about some of the option, since the board has been so quiet for responses lately. (maybe because I have bombarded the site with so many newbie questions in the past week! ;o)

I'm not sure how to navigate the 15 JetPak options! I'll need to choose at least 4, or 5 if I decide on an A7L Plus or Select. Any tip on how to make JetPak choices? We will be going in to the new dealer, hopefully Tuesday, to wet test the A9L's 7–8 JetPaks. :) Are there 5 'most popular, go to' JPaks? Just go with the recommended 4-5 from the site, or what a floor model already has in it? Actually, this new dealer has 8 Bullfrogs on his floor (A5L, A6, A6L Select, A7 Standard, A7D Plus, A8, A9L-'wet for testing', and an M8). If there was one particular JetPak I wanted that was not in a floor model I really liked, would a dealer be ok with swapping a JetPak from another floor model (all never wet).

personally I would go larger (A7L) just because I like a little bigger spa and do prefer the 2 pumps as standard.  Jetpaks are a personal preference but some top sellers and my personal favorites include: Deep Relief, Trio, Versa, Wellness, Alleviate, NeckPlus, SpinalHealth.  Trim level will depend on if you're a 'features' guy, personally I really LOVE the cabinet options and extra lighting in the select package but I can completely understand saving thousands of dollars and going with a standard model, after all you are still essentially getting the very same spa, just not as many creature comforts/feature upgrades.
My circulation pump is available 24/7 but only actually runs when the temperature needs attention.

My understanding of a 24/7 Circ. pump is that it litterally runs 24/7 regardless heating cycles, and only temporarily shuts down when you are in the tub and running the main Jet pumps. I could be wrong. My 1982 bare bones hot tub had only one pump. For heating it would run on a low speed.

My tub has 2 single speed pumps in addition to the circulation pump. I cannot program either pump to run as a circulation pump nor do I see the need to.

Interesting. Are your two 'single speed' pumps both high speed? So each powers half the jets at high speed and your jet control is simply: "On"(high speed)/"Off", as opposed Low/ High/ Off? Or is one a low RPM and the other a high RPM pump?

Yes, I can schedule filter cycles that use the main pumps. My current schedule is 2X a day for 2 hours.

So your Jet Pump filter cycle runs at the same (high) speed/pressure through all jets as when you are soaking and using the jets?

Not all circ pumps run 24/7, some companies like Bullfrog use a larger circulation pump that is programmable, what you will program it for will depend on a few things..how often are you using it, what type of climate you are in, what type of water care system you are using, etc.

If you are going to be using the @ease water-care system from Bullfrog I would just add it and also add the WellSpring ozone, that makes for a really nice overall system to maintain the water in the spa, you will have your mineral cartridge, @ease chlorine cartridge and ozone all doing the work which makes for a really nice 'low chemical' system imo.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Order new tub With Circulation pump -or- Without? Why or Why Not?
« Last post by cranbiz on December 28, 2023, 08:49:37 am »
A 24/7 circulation pump means it will run when needed without your control. Not to worry, I thought the same as you when I first got my tub.

Yes, my main pumps would be considered high speed. When i turn on the jets, they are one flow from the pump. I control intensity with either the diverter valve or at the face of the jet.

Correct, the filter cycle runs everything at the only available speed I have.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Metallic Flake Buildup
« Last post by Davekro on December 26, 2023, 01:53:27 pm »
In case this info is helpful...
I have a Photobucket account, but had not used it in years. Learning I needed to use a third party photo storage site to post pics here, I read Photobucket had added cost and barriers to free use. Google research showed many now using Flickr. I had never heard of it but signed up and now upload pics to Flickr that I want to post here.
https://www.flickr.com/
Show us your Hot Tub. / Re: How to display pictures on this board.
« Last post by Davekro on December 26, 2023, 01:50:33 pm »
I have a Photobucket account, but had not used it in years. Learning I needed to use a third party photo storage site to post pics here, I read Photo bucket had added cost and barriers to free use. Google research showed many now using Flickr. I had never heard of it but signed up and now upload pics to Flickr that I want to post here.
The Bullfrog Roadshow events at Costco's are actually put on by a local (to that particular store) Bullfrog dealer. I spoke to the dealer putting on the local to me, Costco Roadshow. The dealer does not make their normal margins for these tub sales due to the already highly discounted 'Costco pricing' -and- that he said Costco get 15% of the sale price. Maybe it's like a loss leader sale for the local dealer. Maybe his benefit is upping his sales count helping his factory contract benefits, figures a lot people won't buy at Costco, but the dealer's name is planted in the large Costco shopper traffic, people with Bullfrog Costco tubs tell their friends how much they love they 'Bullfrog' hot tubs. Hmmn, just occurred to me that due to that last point, maybe the factory discounts the tub price more than normal for sales through the Costco program. This sounds likely, but the dealer did not mention it. I am going to this dealer today to wet test, Hopefully I remember to ask this question. ;o)
« Last post by Davekro on December 26, 2023, 01:31:29 pm »
My circulation pump is available 24/7 but only actually runs when the temperature needs attention.

My understanding of a 24/7 Circ. pump is that it litterally runs 24/7 regardless heating cycles, and only temporarily shuts down when you are in the tub and running the main Jet pumps. I could be wrong. My 1982 bare bones hot tub had only one pump. For heating it would run on a low speed.

My tub has 2 single speed pumps in addition to the circulation pump. I cannot program either pump to run as a circulation pump nor do I see the need to.

Interesting. Are your two 'single speed' pumps both high speed? So each powers half the jets at high speed and your jet control is simply: "On"(high speed)/"Off", as opposed Low/ High/ Off? Or is one a low RPM and the other a high RPM pump?

Yes, I can schedule filter cycles that use the main pumps. My current schedule is 2X a day for 2 hours.

So your Jet Pump filter cycle runs at the same (high) speed/pressure through all jets as when you are soaking and using the jets?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42