What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
I'll bet, in February, that was the latest data the dealer had.

This is very much on point. 

Supplier giving ETA --> Manufacturer planning for said ETA, gives dealer ETA  -->  Dealer gets ETA on shipment, tells customer  -->  Customer plans for said ETA. 

Customer relies on dealer, who relies on manufacturer, who relies on supplier(s) for ETAs.  Couple that with the fact that there are only 2 acrylic manufacturers, like 3 pump suppliers, jet suppliers, so on, so forth, and that compounds the issue.  You can begin to understand why the entire industry is in a "hurry up and wait" mindset.  *Then* couple that with unprecedented demand.

There is zero upside for someone like me, for instance, to not get a spa out ASAP.  No good comes for false expectations.  However, it is also incredibly difficult to give continuous updates as there are thousands of spas on order and our parts situation changes daily to weekly (consider - by the time we send out one communique, that information could be already outdated!). 

I am not at all picking on the original poster and I hope that this comes off as genuine.  Just want to give a peek behind the curtain to explain why a benign question similar to "I can wait but I would like an update" is so hard to execute. There are so many links in the chain with so many variables that you're set up to fail in terms of setting up correct expectations. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

I wish every single customer could see this.  It really is this simple as to why we cannot continuously update people.  We have thousands of hot tubs on order and there is just no way to cross reference projections with reality for every single customer.  They are all angry and can't understand why we don't communicate in the manner that they would like.  I really wish we could.  We strive so hard to provide a good experience and this last year has made it virtually impossible.  I promise you that we are just as frustrated as you are.  More actually.  Every single day I'm dealing with angry customers and I want nothing more for them to have their hot tub.  Morale is taking a major hit.  I get a sinking feeling in my stomach every time the phone rings, lol.

ya it is unfortunate, right now we're letting customers know they have (2) options, 1. you can wait until we call to schedule delivery or 2. we can refund your deposit in full....all this calling manufacturers and checking status, quoting 'approximate' dates, etc. is all a waste of time, NOBODY knows when raw goods will land therefore nobody knows when spas will ship, it's really as simple as that right now.  Not the ideal way to do business but there's really no other options at this point.
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs / Noise Pump at low speed
« Last post by Fireman_MCK on May 10, 2021, 11:30:40 am »
Hi

I purchased a new Jacuzzi Soul Play hot tub in April. The unit was delivered and setup with 220V 40A service. From the very beginning I have had problems. Here is the list from order of importance. Seeking advice from the members of this forum:

• At low speed, pump makes a very loud noise. Upon inspection, I noticed that there is a gasket on the shaft the connects the pump to the water end. I reported the problem to the place that sold me the unit and is servicing it. They initially said this was normal, but it's not. I can't sleep at night as we can hear the vibration noise all the way up out house on the second level. They have since placed a replacement order with Jacuzzi and they are telling me it will be June 7, 2021 before a new one is shipped to them in Maryland. My unit is using a Balboa Water Group, Part Number 1016295 (115V, 60Hz, 11.5/2.2 Amps, 1.15HP, 2 Speed).
  • The side panels were cut incorrectly and they bow out from the sides. They have four screws that hold them in place on the bottom. The sides are open enough that I can see the inside. They ordered replacement ones, and they arrived only to find out they were cut too short! They seem wide enough but are at least one row short!
  • The model was sold to me with matching stairs with storage, hand rail and cover lifter. These were not delivered when they brought the hot tub. I still don't have an ETA as to when the $600 option that I was forced to accept will be delivered.
  • I just got off the phone with Jacuzzi and they basically told me "You purchased the hot tub from a dealer. There is nothing we can do to support you. Deal with them!"

I'm at a loss as how a name brand like this would treat customers this way.

What advice would you offer? Have any of you faced the same? Do I drain the hot tub and wait for the replacement pump? Do I fight with my dealer to take this one back and order a brand new one?

I was so looking forward to this hot tub and enjoying the experience ... it has not been good so far.

Thanks

Myron
IF you decide you can fit a larger tub, measuring about 85 x 85 inches I think, you might want to check out the Arctic Spas Totem.  It is one of their classic series, still super nice, and I believe the price is about the same as you were quoted for yours.  You'd be getting a much larger tub for your money.

https://www.arcticspas.ca/en/hot-tubs/totem/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=9398895297&utm_content=121697971916&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjws-OEBhCkARIsAPhOkIYrgCcLvl-dU9xZtweMswoyY5z9i3cHp33sB8ptzXyE7jz66haIa54aAo2kEALw_wcB
Hot Tub Forum / Re: New Hot Tub
« Last post by Gibson00 on May 10, 2021, 09:45:06 am »
Not a whole lot to add, other than in my limited experience, I would now never ever buy a tub without at least getting to dry test it.
We are waiting for our second Arctic Spa, and while shopping for it, I almost decided to go for a model that is one of their more popular ones, and then I sat in it and it was one of the most uncomfortable I had ever experienced. 

Supplier giving ETA --> Manufacturer planning for said ETA, gives dealer ETA  -->  Dealer gets ETA on shipment, tells customer  -->  Customer plans for said ETA. 

Customer relies on dealer, who relies on manufacturer, who relies on supplier(s) for ETAs.  Couple that with the fact that there are only 2 acrylic manufacturers, like 3 pump suppliers, jet suppliers, so on, so forth, and that compounds the issue.  You can begin to understand why the entire industry is in a "hurry up and wait" mindset.  *Then* couple that with unprecedented demand.

There is zero upside for someone like me, for instance, to not get a spa out ASAP.  No good comes for false expectations.  However, it is also incredibly difficult to give continuous updates as there are thousands of spas on order and our parts situation changes daily to weekly (consider - by the time we send out one communique, that information could be already outdated!). 

I am not at all picking on the original poster and I hope that this comes off as genuine.  Just want to give a peek behind the curtain to explain why a benign question similar to "I can wait but I would like an update" is so hard to execute. There are so many links in the chain with so many variables that you're set up to fail in terms of setting up correct expectations. 

I wish every single customer could see this.  It really is this simple as to why we cannot continuously update people.  We have thousands of hot tubs on order and there is just no way to cross reference projections with reality for every single customer.  They are all angry and can't understand why we don't communicate in the manner that they would like.  I really wish we could.  We strive so hard to provide a good experience and this last year has made it virtually impossible.  I promise you that we are just as frustrated as you are.  More actually.  Every single day I'm dealing with angry customers and I want nothing more for them to have their hot tub.  Morale is taking a major hit.  I get a sinking feeling in my stomach every time the phone rings, lol.

Just received a letter from Gecko Depot announcing a price increase
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Life Expectancy of Hot Tub
« Last post by MGM on May 07, 2021, 05:50:45 pm »
What brand is your tub, MikeDee?

Iím almost embarrassed to say as I know the brand isnít popular amongst many posters on this forum. That being said itís a Thermospas, Model Park Avenue.. I bought back in 1999..

I don't know why you would be embarrassed.  I am impressed!  Just goes to show you don't have to spend the most money to get a good value in a hot tub.
One MFG held up almost a week...lumber shortage no pallets to ship them out on. We use to just dump them. Nobody wanted them. Now we are stockpiling them and selling them to a pallet company that will take all they can get... and they are likely selling them to a Spa MFG...lol

That's funny I just had a manufacturer drive 300 miles out of there way to grab 80 pallets from me because they were out
One MFG held up almost a week...lumber shortage no pallets to ship them out on. We use to just dump them. Nobody wanted them. Now we are stockpiling them and selling them to a pallet company that will take all they can get... and they are likely selling them to a Spa MFG...lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2021, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42