What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Order new tub With Circulation pump -or- Without? Why or Why Not?
« Last post by cranbiz on December 28, 2023, 08:49:37 am »
A 24/7 circulation pump means it will run when needed without your control. Not to worry, I thought the same as you when I first got my tub.

Yes, my main pumps would be considered high speed. When i turn on the jets, they are one flow from the pump. I control intensity with either the diverter valve or at the face of the jet.

Correct, the filter cycle runs everything at the only available speed I have.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Metallic Flake Buildup
« Last post by Davekro on December 26, 2023, 01:53:27 pm »
In case this info is helpful...
I have a Photobucket account, but had not used it in years. Learning I needed to use a third party photo storage site to post pics here, I read Photobucket had added cost and barriers to free use. Google research showed many now using Flickr. I had never heard of it but signed up and now upload pics to Flickr that I want to post here.
https://www.flickr.com/
Show us your Hot Tub. / Re: How to display pictures on this board.
« Last post by Davekro on December 26, 2023, 01:50:33 pm »
I have a Photobucket account, but had not used it in years. Learning I needed to use a third party photo storage site to post pics here, I read Photo bucket had added cost and barriers to free use. Google research showed many now using Flickr. I had never heard of it but signed up and now upload pics to Flickr that I want to post here.
The Bullfrog Roadshow events at Costco's are actually put on by a local (to that particular store) Bullfrog dealer. I spoke to the dealer putting on the local to me, Costco Roadshow. The dealer does not make their normal margins for these tub sales due to the already highly discounted 'Costco pricing' -and- that he said Costco get 15% of the sale price. Maybe it's like a loss leader sale for the local dealer. Maybe his benefit is upping his sales count helping his factory contract benefits, figures a lot people won't buy at Costco, but the dealer's name is planted in the large Costco shopper traffic, people with Bullfrog Costco tubs tell their friends how much they love they 'Bullfrog' hot tubs. Hmmn, just occurred to me that due to that last point, maybe the factory discounts the tub price more than normal for sales through the Costco program. This sounds likely, but the dealer did not mention it. I am going to this dealer today to wet test, Hopefully I remember to ask this question. ;o)
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Order new tub With Circulation pump -or- Without? Why or Why Not?
« Last post by Davekro on December 26, 2023, 01:31:29 pm »
My circulation pump is available 24/7 but only actually runs when the temperature needs attention.

My understanding of a 24/7 Circ. pump is that it litterally runs 24/7 regardless heating cycles, and only temporarily shuts down when you are in the tub and running the main Jet pumps. I could be wrong. My 1982 bare bones hot tub had only one pump. For heating it would run on a low speed.

My tub has 2 single speed pumps in addition to the circulation pump. I cannot program either pump to run as a circulation pump nor do I see the need to.

Interesting. Are your two 'single speed' pumps both high speed? So each powers half the jets at high speed and your jet control is simply: "On"(high speed)/"Off", as opposed Low/ High/ Off? Or is one a low RPM and the other a high RPM pump?

Yes, I can schedule filter cycles that use the main pumps. My current schedule is 2X a day for 2 hours.

So your Jet Pump filter cycle runs at the same (high) speed/pressure through all jets as when you are soaking and using the jets?
« Last post by cranbiz on December 26, 2023, 08:00:48 am »
I have an Island Spa (Artesian) Nevis that I bought in 2021.

My circulation pump is available 24/7 but only actually runs when the temperature needs attention. My tub has 2 single speed pumps in addition to the circulation pump. I cannot program either pump to run as a circulation pump nor do I see the need to.

Yes, I can schedule filter cycles that use the main pumps. My current schedule is 2X a day for 2 hours. That has worked really well for keeping the spa clean and the chemicals well balanced.
« Last post by Davekro on December 24, 2023, 04:21:41 pm »
Cranbiz,
In addition to being able to schedule your Circ. Pump to run 24/7, or 'X' hours 'X' times per day, are you –ALSO– able to schedule one of your Jet Pumps to also able to run 'X' hours 'X' times per day?  What brand, model, ≈ year is your hot tub?

I understand that some brand of hot tubs use very low GPM Circ pumps. Maybe only running 24/7 (w/ no option for fewer hours?).
I read that Bullfrog and many brands use a larger GPM flow rate Circ. Pump. I think I read 7x the GPM of the super low GPM Circs.

I ask about if Bullfrog can 'schedule' both the Circ. & a Jet Pump to be doing filtering, not necessarily programmed for the same hours to run. I am pretty sure I want to get a Circ. Pump on my soon-to-be new Bullfrog. But I'm reading that the stronger GPM flow of the Jet Pump (on low speed) pulls residues and particles floating on the surface that even the higher GPM Circ pumps can not draw into the filter. The best of both worlds would be to be able to schedule the Jet Pump filtration maybe 30-60 mins/ per night, or have a button that runs for the Jet pump filter for an hour or so, right after you get out. That would be a great feature.
Hi BullFrogSpasMN,

Your forum answer on BF are knowledgeable, to the point, detailed and always very helpful (thank you)! As a new BF shopper, very soon to buy an A6L or A7L, I'd really appreciate your input on some questions. I've spent many hours/ days Googling for info on these questions, to no informative ends.
Thank you in advance if/ when you have the time.
Dave

1)   Ozone- How significantly would you guess that EOS ozone would extend the cover life (via less underside deterioration) and headrest oxidation than BF’s Wellspring ozone? Say medium use a few times a week (two people) vs Daily use for two people.
2)   Would the ozone cloud deterioration be negligible for both ozone options if the cover was removed daily for use or ½ of cover was at least lifted for 1-2 mins. daily?
3)   Would a water surface bubble thermal cover significantly reduce ozone vapor release, enabling a ‘weaker’ ozone cloud under the cover (assuming cover not lifted for weeks at a time)?
4)   With a 2023 A6 (w/2 Jet pumps) or A7 Bullfrog w/ Circ pump and Ozone still be able to set a Jet Pump to do filter cycles set to run ‘X’ times per day for ‘X’ hours each In Addition To the Circ pump set to run ‘X’ times per day for ‘X’ hours each?  Is the answer the same for either Eos or Wellspring ozone options? Does the BF software show the two independent filter cycle options on the touchscreen?

[ Thanks for the great response to my New Dealer question!]

Dave
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Buying a tub at a 20% to 35% savings from a brand new dealer?
« Last post by Davekro on December 24, 2023, 02:59:13 pm »
@BullFrogSpasMN ,

Thanks for the good info. I do feel less apprehensive once I narrow down to my 1–2 specific 1st choices between the BF A6L & A7L, which Trim Level, I'll run those specs past the established dealer for their price. When I went through Bullfrog's build a tub sequence on their site, the options got confusing. LOL, I was actually typing you a PM to ask about some of the option, since the board has been so quiet for responses lately. (maybe because I have bombarded the site with so many newbie questions in the past week! ;o)

I'm not sure how to navigate the 15 JetPak options! I'll need to choose at least 4, or 5 if I decide on an A7L Plus or Select. Any tip on how to make JetPak choices? We will be going in to the new dealer, hopefully Tuesday, to wet test the A9L's 7–8 JetPaks. :) Are there 5 'most popular, go to' JPaks? Just go with the recommended 4-5 from the site, or what a floor model already has in it? Actually, this new dealer has 8 Bullfrogs on his floor (A5L, A6, A6L Select, A7 Standard, A7D Plus, A8, A9L-'wet for testing', and an M8). If there was one particular JetPak I wanted that was not in a floor model I really liked, would a dealer be ok with swapping a JetPak from another floor model (all never wet).
« Last post by cranbiz on December 24, 2023, 08:59:18 am »
I'm in the have a circulation pump corner. The idea of running my main pump just to move water around when not in use just doesn't make sense to me if you can equip a tub with a small pump to do that.

Why BullFrog only offers them as an option, I don't know. It was a consideration when I bought my tub.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42