What's the Best Hot Tub

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hot Tub Forum / Re: My wife won't use it!
« Last post by bud16415 on Today at 09:35:36 am »
Most tubs have a cool down seat that is a bit higher and flatter. That is where we placed our steps and enter the tub. I lean over and place both hands on one side of the tub rim and step over keeping 3 point contact lifting the other leg over.

IMO the stick on grips wont change getting in and out that much. I don't think slipping is as much of an issue as keeping 3 point contact and using the cool down step as the entry point. 
Hot Tub Forum / Re: My wife won't use it!
« Last post by Ripper238 on September 23, 2022, 12:31:26 pm »
She is right, the shower ones will work. I lived in a few apartments where those old flower stickers were over 50 years old. lol Drain the tub and clean first.
Hot Tub Forum / My wife won't use it!
« Last post by dajain on September 22, 2022, 06:20:03 pm »
Last year, we picked up a used Dimension One Diplomat Ultralife hot tub. My wife has always wanted a hot tub for various reasons.

Got it all set up and the thing works great, but there is a problem. This tub does not have a decent enter point where you step into the tub on to a flat surface. It has all rounded seats/legs spots and the surface is slick enough where she refuses to get into the tub in fear of falling. Yes, I did tell her to sit and scoot.

Are there adhesive "grip strips" that will stand up to under water, hot tub temps? The wife says shower ones should work, but I doubt 24/7 heat/submersed shower grip pads will hold up.
We are draining and cleaning the tub right now and waiting for a heating element to show up so it is a perfect time to add what ever we can find.

Thank you for any responses!
Hot Tub Forum / MASTER SPA YOM DECODE PLEASE
« Last post by CanadianSpaTech on September 18, 2022, 10:59:16 am »
Trying to find out Year of Manufacturer for a Master Spa Twilight Series. It has "AAAE" as the Date of Manufacturer.
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Waterlogged cover.
« Last post by Ripper238 on September 16, 2022, 06:14:22 pm »
Bring it to an amusement park and have it go for a ride on the Rotor-ride, it will force all the water out by centrifugal force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz_DkRs92pM
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Hot Tub foundation question
« Last post by Ripper238 on September 16, 2022, 05:51:58 pm »
Over thinking, but that's always fun. lol

Have the electrician stub conduit through the slab for the power line once the Tub is in place since it makes little sense to have the electrician come before the tub is there. This will be done once and never again, just do it right. Water channels sounds like a cool idea.

A floating deck made of wood rots and expands. An extra expense that's not really needed but you could do a deck out of Trex. 
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Jacuzzi J385 vs Sundance 680
« Last post by Hottubguy on September 14, 2022, 08:17:45 pm »
Jacuzzi by far. Better insulation, better therapy, better warranty and the list goes on. You sure itís a 680 Sundance you are comparing too?
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Artesian Island Spas - Nevis & Antigua
« Last post by SquireTrelane on September 14, 2022, 10:57:55 am »
Hey squire.. I realize this is an old post but just wondering. Which model you went with.. I'm in the New York city area.. and was shopping  Artesian Spas particularly the Nevis. What was the price you were quoted

Hey Titus,

Just saw your post, sorry for the late response. I bought the Nevis and it's absolutely fantastic. I'm actually not far from NYC (Connecticut) so we'd be using it in similar conditions. I believe that all in I ended up just over 10k....like 10.3k. Only 3 people in my family and it's more than perfect for us. Did you settle on a tub?
Hot Tub Forum / Re: Artesian Island Spas - Nevis & Antigua
« Last post by SquireTrelane on September 14, 2022, 10:52:33 am »
Hi Sam,

Thanks for that input. My bro is also interested in a new spa, so I'll be interested to know how much there gone up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2022, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42