What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Prodigy vs. Jacuzzi J-325  (Read 40236 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Hot Springs Prodigy vs. Jacuzzi J-325
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 02:35:00 pm »

This is true. Does hot springs make a tub without the Moto massage??

I take it that hot springs is Full Foam?

Thanks 104 :)

The Prodigy, which guyplayeur is looking at, has no Moto Massage.  Tiger River spas, with the same energy saving design as Hot Spring have no Moto Massage.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 02:35:00 pm »

104 degrees

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 02:42:28 pm »

The Prodigy, which guyplayeur is looking at, has no Moto Massage.  Tiger River spas, with the same energy saving design as Hot Spring have no Moto Massage.

Thank you 8-)

104 degrees

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 02:45:35 pm »
I just looked at Tiger river. They do have a very good dealer. How is the Caspian spa? It has the foot jets that i like.

mr.spasr.

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 04:24:28 pm »
You cannot go wrong with the Prodigy or any other Hot Spring Model - They are built in such an Iron Clad fashion from the ground up. No other ( especially Jacuzzi) spa comes even close - The Prodigy will be 90% quieter and 1/2 the cost to operate over same gallon other spa. The Jacizzi is all visual -more jets = more HP required = More Noise and More $$$ on the PG&E bill. don't be seduced by the "glamor" look at the nuts and bolts- Even if the Hot Spring cost twice as much it would be the better deal - NO Doubt TheJacuzzi  spa is NOT a very well built spa . whereas the Prodigy will last 30 years -

104 degrees

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 04:44:09 pm »
You cannot go wrong with the Prodigy or any other Hot Spring Model - They are built in such an Iron Clad fashion from the ground up. No other ( especially Jacuzzi) spa comes even close - The Prodigy will be 90% quieter and 1/2 the cost to operate over same gallon other spa. The Jacizzi is all visual -more jets = more HP required = More Noise and More $$$ on the PG&E bill. don't be seduced by the "glamor" look at the nuts and bolts- Even if the Hot Spring cost twice as much it would be the better deal - NO Doubt TheJacuzzi  spa is NOT a very well built spa . whereas the Prodigy will last 30 years -

Please dont hold back ;D  The way you put it i will go wet test one.

Thank you :)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 09:38:32 pm »

You wouldn't, by chance, sell Hot Springs spas would you?

Most of the dealers on the forum refrain from talking smack about other brands, and actually will tell you to steer clear of any spa retailer that resorts to such weak BS. Of course, most of them can also spell Jacuzzi correctly every time. And glamour.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:42:49 pm by LtDan »

guyplayeur

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 10:24:40 pm »

2 strong dealers, although Paradise Valley's firsat love is Sundance.  Are you working with Chet at the Hot Spring store?  He is an industry veterean.  What is included with the Prodigy?  Comparable package?

Yes, a comparable package for the Prodigy.  Includes cover lifter & step....Ozone is an "accessory" on the Jacuzzi, and standard on the Prodigy....as I'm sure you know!)   ;)

I didn't meet Chet, but was dealing with Ryan who seemed like a good guy.  Chet is still there.

Mez

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 10:45:30 pm »

Yes, a comparable package for the Prodigy.  Includes cover lifter & step....Ozone is an "accessory" on the Jacuzzi, and standard on the Prodigy....as I'm sure you know!)   ;)

I didn't meet Chet, but was dealing with Ryan who seemed like a good guy.  Chet is still there.

The dealer I ordered my Jacuzi 345 from installs the "optional" ozonator on every tub he sells and its included in the price. Damn, I wish I had read the previous rantings bashing the Jacuzzi brand, I wouldnt have ordered it! I wonder if its too late to get my deposit back :)
The way I figured it, Jacuzzi was the first, they are celebrating their 50th year in the spa business, they have to be doing something right. Maybe they arent the best selling, or the best built, who knows? But they cant be the kinda P.O.S. that some on here are saying, they would have been drummed outta business a long time ago if that were the case.
As others have always said on here, shop, compare products, compare dealers, find a tub and dealer you are comfortable with at a price you can afford and go with it. I personally like the styling of the Jacuzzi, and the 345 I ordered doesnt have a high jet count..27 total. I researched and they manufactured over 80,000 tubs last year worldwide.
Who really knows what is the best tub on the market? I have been looking for that answer ever since I finally gave in and told my wife I would get her one. It all comes down to what you like.

104 degrees

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 06:23:17 am »

The dealer I ordered my Jacuzi 345 from installs the "optional" ozonator on every tub he sells and its included in the price. Damn, I wish I had read the previous rantings bashing the Jacuzzi brand, I wouldnt have ordered it! I wonder if its too late to get my deposit back :)
The way I figured it, Jacuzzi was the first, they are celebrating their 50th year in the spa business, they have to be doing something right. Maybe they arent the best selling, or the best built, who knows? But they cant be the kinda P.O.S. that some on here are saying, they would have been drummed outta business a long time ago if that were the case.
As others have always said on here, shop, compare products, compare dealers, find a tub and dealer you are comfortable with at a price you can afford and go with it. I personally like the styling of the Jacuzzi, and the 345 I ordered doesnt have a high jet count..27 total. I researched and they manufactured over 80,000 tubs last year worldwide.
Who really knows what is the best tub on the market? I have been looking for that answer ever since I finally gave in and told my wife I would get her one. It all comes down to what you like.

Mez

Do you know if the ozonater runs all the time with the recurculating pump on the j345??

eightisenough

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 07:57:36 am »
Can someone explain whether there are qualitative benefits to spendinig the extra money for the Jacuzzi 400 series over the 300?   Is the extra money for bells and whistles?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 10:32:41 am »

The way I figured it, Jacuzzi was the first, they are celebrating their 50th year in the spa business...

Actually 50 years ago it was the jetted bathtub.  The spa business is not 50 years old.

How do you know the accuracy of 80,000 spas a year?

Yes, the ozone runs with the circ pump.  Always on except when jet pump running, as with most Sundance/Jacuzzi products.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:34:48 am by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 10:47:44 am »

The dealer I ordered my Jacuzi 345 from installs the "optional" ozonator on every tub he sells and its included in the price.

I researched and they manufactured over 80,000 tubs last year worldwide.

1) Find out whether that ozone that they inlcuded is UV or preferably the CD type.

2) 80,000? Where did you find that number? C'mon, I'm not so sure I buy that!!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:04:21 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

104 degrees

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 11:43:49 am »

Actually 50 years ago it was the jetted bathtub.  The spa business is not 50 years old.

How do you know the accuracy of 80,000 spas a year?

Yes, the ozone runs with the circ pump.  Always on except when jet pump running, as with most Sundance/Jacuzzi products.

Thank you dan :) :) :) That sounds nice 8-)

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 12:24:58 pm »
Go with the Hot Springs, much better all around quality.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

104 degrees

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 01:57:09 pm »
Go with the Hot Springs, much better all around quality.

Im going to look at hot springs too. we do have a great dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 01:57:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42