What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What do you think of Wal-Mart?  (Read 3417 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

What do you think of Wal-Mart?
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:06:38 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: What do you think of Wal-Mart?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:06:34 pm »
Interesting reading, I think Walmart has a place in society but can't provide everything to everybody.

TP and stuff like that are fine, same with white socks but some things are better to go to a mom and pop store or another retailer that can provide good customer service along with better quality merchandise.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:34:55 am »
Like every other business, the environment they operate in, and even helped create, is ever changing-  they'll find a way to take advantage of it- adapt or they'll languish.
  It's taking an ever increasing amount of creativity to woo people.  
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 07:43:13 am »
I personally know of 75 jobs that Walmart and Lowe's forced to China.  I'm just one person.  They wanted a product that had a  Manufacturer's cost $of 4 for $4. They had been selling it to Walmart for $5 and Walmart resold it for $19.95.  That $1 profit cost 75 Americans their manufacturing jobs they had for an average of 25 years.

Then they threaten their suppliers regularly.  You know those great deals the day after Thanksgiving?  They force suppliers to give them hundreds of thousands of product below cost.  What you don't want do to that? Well, I guess you won't be selling to Walmart the rest of the year.  The they squeeze every penny out of the small companies by fining them hundreds of dollars if their invoice is a day late.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:49:45 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 02:12:58 pm »
...The they squeeze every penny out of the small companies by fining them hundreds of dollars if their invoice is a day late.

I've heard too many stories along those lines about Walmart. That's why my wife and I never shop there. I try to stick with the local businesses but that's not always possible.  

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 02:16:15 pm »
I can't stand Wal Mart. The only thing I have bought from them in 4 or 5 years is a brand of charcoal I could not get anywhere else.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 08:30:50 am »
I'm not a big fan either.  The place gives me the willies.  I stay away as much as I can.
  Although I did find it useful a couple years ago when I needed some space heaters in the middle of the night- they are open 7/24 in this area.
  But I stay away as much as I can.  
 One thing I do like about the place is that it still has the sand to sell evil handgun ammunition.  I admire that in a store, but that's just me.

Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 03:10:48 pm »
One thing I do like about the place is that it still has the sand to sell evil handgun ammunition.  I admire that in a store, but that's just me.

I support that, but I learned the hard way about their idiotic policies about music.  I bought a Johnny Cash Cd and was annoyed to hear there bleeping of some words.  Totally stupid. Another tip for products at Walmart.  Look for their house brands. Check out the bar codes. Every manufacturer has their own prefix that is the same for all their products.  When you see one product with two different bar codes, they are made by two companies. These are the ones that they get companies to over compete with each other and in the end the jobs end up in China.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 03:10:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42