What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cool Pooltester (Electronically Measure Levels)  (Read 3459 times)

Johnny D

Cool Pooltester (Electronically Measure Levels)
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:21:39 pm »
Came across this device and looking for feedback.
http://www.palintest.com/news/cool+pooltester+now+available+with+free+pool+professor+software

From their website:  
The Cool Pooltester measures disinfection control and pH electronically, and is an affordable, more accurate alternative to test strips and visual colour blocks. The photometer makes testing of chlorine or bromine levels simple, along with pH and, optionally, alkalinity. Unlike conventional systems, results are not dependant on personal visual judgement or lighting conditions.

The Cool Pooltester is a portable photometer designed for residential use. This instrument is based on the DPD and phenol red methods, the internationally recognised methods used by professionals to check chlorine and pH levels. This easy and safe chemistry gives a distinctive colour change which is measured by the instrument.

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful response.  I have narrowed my choices to the Cameo or Maxxus by Sundance and just waiting to finalize where to put it.  

The whole subject of chemistry is daunting to me with all the different choices of which set of chemicals to use etc. Don't need a new hobby, just Looking for an easy accurate method.

Hot Tub Forum

Cool Pooltester (Electronically Measure Levels)
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:21:39 pm »

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Re: Cool Pooltester (Electronically Measure Levels
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 02:00:05 pm »
Looks interesting. It's basically like a Taylor kit, but uses a photometer instead of your eye to measure match the colour for concentration readings. Is it worth $150? That's up to you to decide. There would not be any time saving over the Taylor kit.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 02:00:36 pm by cooltoy2000 »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Cool Pooltester (Electronically Measure Levels
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 02:00:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42