What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Worst...Customers...........EVER!  (Read 32324 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Worst...Customers...........EVER!
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2007, 02:05:13 pm »
They couldn't be real hippies.  Real hippies wouldn't buy a plastic HotSpring spa.  They would be at Doc's buying a traditional wood hot tub.

Groovy man!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2007, 02:05:13 pm »

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2007, 11:47:01 pm »
Again,  I've been away for a few days and I find a great story unfold....Sooooo, did the Old Hippie Lady ever call back? Ever try to get her refund? Hell, what's the final draw on this tale? Inquiring minds want to know.....
Heck, if I don't find out soon,  I may have to have to deep fry another Twinkie....    ;D ;D ;D

Clown Shoes

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 12:40:11 am »
Moderators note. Strike one.  I don't tolerate name calling or profanity.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:06:17 pm by wmccall »

anne

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 12:51:08 am »
Anne,
I could say the same to you...what's it to you what Term classifies as a hippie??  Isn't your problem.  Is your being judgemental of Term and his remarks going to make him less judgemental?  You even appologized as you wrote your remark for your bad mood... :-?

No it probably wont make him less judgemental, and if you find me judgemental for  not approving of "hippie" being made derogatory, then that is fine. But it was derogatory, and that is not OK with me. Too liberal for you? Deal.

And I was not apologizing. I was explaining why something that would always hit a nerve turned into something that I felt irritated enough to address.

If you have anything more to say/ask, feel free to PM me, but I think this is done here.
Dance like nobody's watching

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 05:34:22 am »
I have read all the things that Term has said on here I chose the Spa with out you peoples help and I feel I got the Spa I wanted.
He makes you laugh and that is OK but if JA was doing this you would claim BS I bought a Bullfrog and I went to Terms store he is an arrogant asshole and I did not argue with him his sales pitch is everything sucks but what he sells, This is not good for the industry a certain brand will not fit everyone, And I find his bitching about customers offensive.
I take what I need from here and leave the bullshit to the Term. followers.

Clown,

Please use proper punctuation marks next time. That has to be the longest run on sentence I've ever tried to read before.  :-?

Thanks,

Chad

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 08:04:04 am »
At least you try to read them.  I dont' bother.  If you want someone to "hear" you, then speak clearly.

Brewman

96SC

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 10:57:24 am »
.....I feel I got the Spa I wanted.

That is the ultimate goal of everyone in the forum, for each person to get the spa they want.  It doesn't matter what brand, style, make, color, number of jets, 110/220:  If you are happy with your spa-Great.  Enjoy it.  :D

Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Cyn

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 11:16:26 am »

but I think this is done here.

Thy will be done...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2007, 10:14:47 pm »
I have read all the things that Term has said on here I chose the Spa with out you peoples help and I feel I got the Spa I wanted.
He makes you laugh and that is OK but if JA was doing this you would claim BS I bought a Bullfrog and I went to Terms store he is an arrogant asshole and I did not argue with him his sales pitch is everything sucks but what he sells, This is not good for the industry a certain brand will not fit everyone, And I find his bitching about customers offensive.

No, I have NEVER said everything else sucks.  When people actually come to my store, I warn them about the crap being sold out of the Thrifty Nickel, out of storage buildings, and from a certain local dealer with an "Unsatisfactory" BBB rating.  I give my opinion that if you buy a HotSpring, Sundance, Marquis, Dimension 1, or Jacuzzi Spa, you will be happy with it.  If someone asks about Bullfrog, I tell them they are a good spa and the people that sell them seem like good folks.

Now, I carry on a lot on this forum and the more intellectual members realize that it is self-deprecating and tongue-in-cheek.  I can take (and enjoy) some ribbing from the other folks on here, but I have NEVER had anyone call me an arrogant asshole in my life.  No one's certainly ever done it to my face.

Why don't you do this: come back and see me and I'll turn the internet cameras on and we can rassle live for folks to watch.  I'll even give you some free chemicals for your inconvenience.  I'm here 10-6, Tuesday thru Saturday.

*Disclaimer* Unless you are elderly, infirmed, mentally unstable, or a woman

The more I think about it, I believe you're full of baloney.  Prove me wrong.

Chris Ogden
East Texas Spa
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2007, 11:07:29 pm »
He makes you laugh and that is OK but if JA was doing this you would claim BS I bought a Bullfrog and I went to Terms store he is an arrogant not a very nice person and I did not argue with him his sales pitch is everything sucks but what he sells, This is not good for the industry a certain brand will not fit everyone, And I find his bitching about customers offensive.

I, for one, will not be a follower.  Term has provided ample entertainment and even more solid and sound advice.  Even in times when it would have been very easy to be mean to a forum poster (see numerous threads posted to by Solo in the last month where many people got very frustrated and commented as such), Term took the high road and continued go give good info.  

Had I not been 2000+ miles away, East Texas Spas would have been my first stop for shopping.

Keep up the good work Term.  

Tyheethan

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »
Ditto.

As I keep trying to tell newbies on this forum who are afraid of "sharks", just sit back and read for a while and you can tell who's honest & fair, and who's not. "Term" has always been one of the good ones. Considering it's far EASIER to lie and slander on the internet & get away with it, I have every expectation that Chris Ogden is a good guy. I wouldn't trust him with my monkey, but he's a good guy.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:32:07 pm by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2007, 11:20:08 pm »
My name is Jo and I AM a Term follower. When I come to this site, if I see Term has a new subject posted, it's the first one I read. I love his quick wit and sense of humor and I always get a chuckle from his posts. Sometimes he's even serious and helps people! Those aren't as much fun to read tho........  ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2007, 11:30:26 pm »
Tyheethan, Mr. Roberts, and Ms. LurkyGal, thank ya'll for your kind words.  This nonsense has got me somewhat bristled, and I don't bristle easily.

Anyone can get on the internet a make claims and say what they want to say.  That's fine and dandy.  I've always had a hankerin' to pretend to be Uncle Remus online, except most people know he's not real and if he was, he would already be dead, and if he was still alive, he probably wouldn't be on the internet because his cabin didn't have electricity.

So, some internet entity jumps on and slanders me, saying I'm an arrogant butthole.  I am proud of what I do and what I sell and what I represent.  Some people may see that as puffery.  I catch myself being pufferous at times and I don't like it and I take myself down a peg or two.

One thing I have never been is rude or unaccomodating to anyone in my store with the exception of a handful of folks over the years who have been condescending, smart-aleck, or vulgar.  When people come into my store and act like decent human beings, I treat them like old friends.  I was completely courteous and respectful to the lying, swindling hippie couple, even though I knew the back story.  They were friendly to me, so I was friendly in kind.

Tell me, Clown Shoes, where was the Jetsetter you wet-tested?  What store?  Which mood room?  Did I offer you a drink?  What terrible things did I say specifically about Bullfrog?  ?   ?   ?

Term
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:31:06 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2007, 12:21:14 am »
Had I not been 2000+ miles away, East Texas Spas would have been my first stop for shopping.
Same here.

Vanguard

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2007, 12:41:38 am »

Could this possibly really be a certain hippy?

Now, Clown Shoes, I think you need to change your name.  Clowns are supposed to be happy and funny.  You apparently are neither.

I know Term.  I have worked with Term.  The only time I have EVER heard the word arrogant and Term in the same sentence is to say he is not.  Term is one of the friendliest and good natured people I have ever met.  Now, he has pulled a gun on me, but he had a huge grin on his face when he did it. ;)

Clown Shoes, you were not nice in your post.  You said some not so nice words.  I don't know why you feel this way, but I have some ideas.  I won't stoop to your level, but I think you should either apologize or go away.  We like this forum to be a friendly, open exchange.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2007, 12:41:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42