What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Expo show?  (Read 4213 times)

D.P. Roberts

Spa Expo show?
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:17:35 am »
There's a "Spa Expo" at the local Veterans Memorial center here in Columbus, Ohio this weekend. Claims to be "the largest display of hot tubs in Ohio", with spas "up to 40% off retail price." It's being put on by "Spa, Pool, and Patio Inc." Anyone know who this is? It sounds too big to just be a Master Spas show. If you're interested, add .com to "Spaexpo" to check out their web site.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Expo show?
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:17:35 am »

Chris_H

Re: Spa Expo show?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 08:50:09 am »
It is the Master Spa show.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:14:39 am »
Yup. That's the Master show. Every spring it travels around the country.   I think it travels east bound. Should be comming to Boston in a few weeks.  

Don't waste your time.

:P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:15:13 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 10:47:55 am »
There's a "Spa Expo" at the local Veterans Memorial center here in Columbus, Ohio this weekend. Claims to be "the largest display of hot tubs in Ohio", with spas "up to 40% off retail price." It's being put on by "Spa, Pool, and Patio Inc." Anyone know who this is? It sounds too big to just be a Master Spas show. If you're interested, add .com to "Spaexpo" to check out their web site.

I'm thinking of going just to look around, admission is free, but parking is $4 I believe. The ads have toned down considerably from previous years, but are still suspect.   I wish the owners here would give me a WHATS THE BEST shirt to wear. :)  I'm not sure if you are aware, since the last show of this type, the long time Master dealer up on Indianola Ave dumped Masterspa and picked up QCA spas instead. The stories I hear say that this show was one prime reason.    Since then Pacific Pools a long time pool business here in town has picked up Master.  I'm curious to see if they have representation at the show.  Say hi if  you see me.

http://www.spaexpo.com/index.shtml

I'll have to listen closer to the TV/Radio ads, they seem to be toning down the BS - 16 major Manufacturers stuff.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:50:29 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:11:50 am »
this always piques my intererst, so  I called the 1800 number and got a recording.   I was told there would be pool, patio, gazebo, landscaping and hot tub dealers all their competeing for my business.  ::)

There was no option on the pre-recorded message to talk with a real live person, so I sent them an email asking for a list of hot tub vendors.   I think I did the same thing last year and got no response.

Let's see if this year is any different.  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 03:30:39 pm »
I've heard this several times including from a Textron source.

Well the word on the street is that Master spas has lost their Textron financing and Textron is looking for over 1 million dollars on spas.

This is big as it would take away the ability of many dealers to stock spas. I don't know that Textron can legally hold Master accountable on these spas but most manufactures jump through hoops to work with them in situations like this.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 03:30:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42