What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: chlorox wipes  (Read 1799 times)

anne

chlorox wipes
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:09:26 pm »
Well, I bought a package of Chlorox wipes, thinking that it'd be a handy way to occasionally wipe around the wet but not submerged parts of the shell and the inner surface of the cover. I think I remember someone mentioning them here, and realized that I'm more likely to take care of something like that if it is *really* easy. In the past I have made a dilute bleach solution for this purpose. Not that finding a container, mixing the bleach, finding a clean sponge and then having to toss out the remains down the drain is hard, but ready made wipes are easier!

I got home to notice that the package says "bleach free." Lovely. The active ingredients are dimethyl benzyl aluminum chloride, and ethylbenzyl aluminum chloride. I thought all the stuff they had on the shelf was the same, aside from choosing "lemon" or "fresh" fragrances. And labeled "chlorox" I assumed bleach.

So, did I buy the wrong thing? are there BLEACH wipes? And can I use this stuff? If not, they'll go to work in the house.

thanks!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

chlorox wipes
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:09:26 pm »

Reese

Re: chlorox wipes
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 03:09:23 pm »
You may want to check them out in the house first.  If I recall correctly, we have some Chlorox wipes that are somewhat sudsy(could also be Dow, I'm not sure).  Whatever they are, I wouldn't want them around the tub, for fear of introducing a foam source.  I think there are chlorine wipes, used in food service and healthcare applications, but I don't know if they are available retail.  I personally just dip a rag in the tub water when I know the sanitizer is high (right after a dose) and use it to wipe down those surfaces.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: chlorox wipes
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 03:09:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42