What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spring is bittersweet  (Read 1658 times)

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
spring is bittersweet
« on: March 22, 2007, 01:12:04 am »
I just got out of the tub after about an hour of soaking, and though I hate to admit it, on one of our first nights of "warm" (47) weather I find myself missing the cold.  This was my first winter with the tub, and though I cursed walking outside, clearing the tub, and unfreezing my clips from time to time, once you're in, the sub-freezing soaks truly are remarkable.  I almost want to slap myself for saying so...  I never thought I'd bemoan warmer weather after one of the coldest Februarys on record, but I do miss that arctic air on my face.

Hot Tub Forum

spring is bittersweet
« on: March 22, 2007, 01:12:04 am »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: spring is bittersweet
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:31:17 am »
I totally agree. There's nothing like a soak in the single digits.
I have a feeling it's gonna be awhile for that happens again. It's been in the mid 70s here in the STL the past couple of days. Atleast our electric bills can finally come back down to earth.
I went for a soak this evening in the 60s. It was my warmest plunge since owning my tub and I couldn't take but 10 mins in there. Oh well, atleast women are starting to show some skin again. :-* oh yeah...feet too :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:33:07 am by WHY_NOT »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 08:20:47 am »

you ain't kidding.....

my soaking season is ticking down and will be over until October.

june/july/august/sept soaking in Texas is almost non-existent for me

heck thats why my next house will have a swimming pool!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:33:18 am by Zep »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 08:33:44 am »
Texas, I can understand. But NY?  Here in Ohio we may get some 90 degree days, but it usually drops at night, there is only a few nights each summer that stays in the 80s. We turn the tub down to 101 and late night soaks are still relaxing and refreshing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 08:59:53 am »
I just got out of the tub after about an hour of soaking, and though I hate to admit it, on one of our first nights of "warm" (47) weather I find myself missing the cold.  This was my first winter with the tub, and though I cursed walking outside, clearing the tub, and unfreezing my clips from time to time, once you're in, the sub-freezing soaks truly are remarkable.  I almost want to slap myself for saying so...  I never thought I'd bemoan warmer weather after one of the coldest Februarys on record, but I do miss that arctic air on my face.

There is nothing better than on a cold winter night, to get outside in the hottub and just relax.    :)  
07 Caldera Geneva

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:18:52 pm »
Texas, I can understand. But NY?  Here in Ohio we may get some 90 degree days, but it usually drops at night, there is only a few nights each summer that stays in the 80s. We turn the tub down to 101 and late night soaks are still relaxing and refreshing.

A night in the 80s for us is really rare as well, by 10 pm it's usually below 70 and the tub feels good at 100 or 101.  Don't get me wrong; I'll be in it all summer and enjoying it, but the first warm day is a shock :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:18:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42