What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anniversary Gift  (Read 3389 times)

Spiderman

Anniversary Gift
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:25:34 pm »
Well it's our 10th anniversary next thursday, so I surprised my wife with a "little" gift.  

It's a '94 with 33K on her.  It was too good of a deal to pass up.  This car is absolutely unbelievable!!  Hopefully it won't kill me  :o  Too bad it'll have to be garaged soon with winter coming :'(
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Anniversary Gift
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:25:34 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Anniversary Gift
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 02:41:29 pm »
Oh now that's sweet! A bit different league than most of us but hey...if that's all you can afford right? ;)

I'm assuming that's an RT10? I hear they go like hell in the winter but most of those miles are stationary! ;D

Congrats to the both of you and drive it safely! YAAAH RIGHT! ;D

Steve

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:09:25 pm »
Oh now that's sweet! A bit different league than most of us but hey...if that's all you can afford right? ;)

I'm assuming that's an RT10? I hear they go like hell in the winter but most of those miles are stationary! ;D

Congrats to the both of you and drive it safely! YAAAH RIGHT! ;D

Steve

Since you're such a great guy Steve, as most people here, I'll give you the "real" truth.  Now keep in mind I didn't make any false statements in my post original post  ::)   I'll re-cap:   I did surprise my wife with the Viper (a good friend of mine actually let me borrow it), it really is a '94 with 33K on it, the "deal" was I could use it for the evening so my wife and I could go to dinner (for our 10th anniversay),  this thing is beyond unbelievable, and finally my buddy will be putting it away soon for the winter.  So maybe I "mislead" a little, but I thought I'd have a little fun with it.  I still can't believe he actually let me drive it.  When I went to pick it up, he says to me "this car means more to me than our friendship".  I said, "well, I hope we're still friends after tonight"  ;D   My wife had no clue that I was going to pick her up in the Viper, so she was quite surprised when I came screaming up to the driveway.  It's quite the head turner as you drive around town.  Thank God nothing happened to it.   BTW, congrats on your new car Steve; it looks great!  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 10:04:10 pm »
Awww what a wonderful thing to do!!!!! And, what a good friend you have to let you use the car for your evening! I'll bet she (wife) was all giggles an glowing!!!!

That was a SWEET thing to do for your wife! What a super night out with ALL the whistles and bells!!!
I'm sure you all had a GREAT evening! Thanks for sharing that.  :)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 02:05:03 am »
Am I the only one who's wife would say "I'm not riding in that thing!   It will messup my hair!"  Park it in the garage and let's take my Highlander... :(

PS - I owned a convertible corvette in the past and this was her typical response so this is from experience.... unfortunately.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spiderman

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 07:54:52 am »
Am I the only one who's wife would say "I'm not riding in that thing!   It will messup my hair!"  Park it in the garage and let's take my Highlander... :(

PS - I owned a convertible corvette in the past and this was her typical response so this is from experience.... unfortunately.

She's use to the wind in her hair, since we have a Jeep Wrangler.  And with the Jeep it's top and doors off in the summer  :)     That's funny though, because she did ask (as she's doing her hair), "what about my hair?"  I told her there was no wind in the Viper  ::)

Cyn

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 09:35:17 am »
How can hair be more important than living life??  Guess she enjoys looking good more than letting loose... :-/

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 01:13:44 pm »
Love the 94's! I see a decal on the side reading Venom. I can't make out the digits though. Is it a 550 HP Venom? THey are fun little cars aren't they?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 11:29:43 am »

Since you're such a great guy Steve, as most people here, I'll give you the "real" truth.  Now keep in mind I didn't make any false statements in my post original post  ::)   I'll re-cap:   I did surprise my wife with the Viper (a good friend of mine actually let me borrow it), it really is a '94 with 33K on it, the "deal" was I could use it for the evening so my wife and I could go to dinner (for our 10th anniversay),  this thing is beyond unbelievable, and finally my buddy will be putting it away soon for the winter.  So maybe I "mislead" a little, but I thought I'd have a little fun with it.  I still can't believe he actually let me drive it.  When I went to pick it up, he says to me "this car means more to me than our friendship".  I said, "well, I hope we're still friends after tonight"  ;D   My wife had no clue that I was going to pick her up in the Viper, so she was quite surprised when I came screaming up to the driveway.  It's quite the head turner as you drive around town.  Thank God nothing happened to it.   BTW, congrats on your new car Steve; it looks great!  

Oh you bugger... you had me! ;)

I would LOVE to take one of those for a boot! It must have been a blast! Did ya at least walk on it a couple of times? {stupid question right?} ;D

Nice friend you have there and that was great of him to do that. I know I'd personally have a REALLY tough time handing over the keys... :'(

Hope you both had a great evening and here's to many more years together!!

Steve

Spiderman

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 12:07:03 pm »
Love the 94's! I see a decal on the side reading Venom. I can't make out the digits though. Is it a 550 HP Venom? THey are fun little cars aren't they?

He added the decal.  He also had it re-geared so it's a lot quicker than stock Vipers, if you can imagine that.  And he added some HP to it which I think he told me brought it to around 600HP, but I could be wrong on that.  It didn't matter to me, that thing was FAST!!!   :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 12:07:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42