What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: And I'm not even open on Sundays!  (Read 13075 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: And I'm not even open on Sundays!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 12:36:42 pm »
re: "......I'm sick of it.  It might be time for me to move on."

wmccall I would hope you would never "move on".

this place would not be the same without you.

you are a "fair & balanced" moderator and greatly underappreciated!

Not to mention, unpredictable, onery, great broomer and the best advisor on hotwings.... ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 12:36:42 pm »

RobRoy

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 12:43:22 pm »
what is it with Hot Springs guys and tooting their own horn???  

::)

Couldnt resist.

Learn the rules, if you dont have anything nice to say about HS, dont say anything.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 12:59:37 pm »

Couldnt resist.

Learn the rules, if you dont have anything nice to say about HS, dont say anything.

I've seen negative comments about a lot of spas. HS has the aux control panel issue.  D-1 jets get hard to turn and remove, Seamonkey spas have that whole thermonuclear explosion issue (Term set me straight on 'em), etc.  

But when I was looking for a spa, I received advice on different features on spas made by several manufacturers.  It all helped me make an informed decision.  

But, if a dealer doesn't talk about his product, who will?  Without salesmen, nobody makes any money.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 01:08:40 pm by GoBlue »
If I could just chew through these restraints...

In Canada eh

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 01:08:46 pm »

I think a lot of people are missing the point on this one!  This is not a story of a dealer selling Hot Springs spas and tooting their own horn.  The story as I see it, is of a dealer who obviously has some religious beliefs giving up their Sunday to go in to the store to accommodate a potential customer.  Whether or not that dealer sells Hot Springs in irrelevant.  Its just a story of a small business owner truly understanding customer service :)  Good for you Chas, if it happens again I hope you sell 4 tubs.
Bullfrog 451

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 01:20:00 pm »

I think a lot of people are missing the point on this one!  This is not a story of a dealer selling Hot Springs spas and tooting their own horn.  The story as I see it, is of a dealer who obviously has some religious beliefs giving up their Sunday to go in to the store to accommodate a potential customer.  Whether or not that dealer sells Hot Springs in irrelevant.  Its just a story of a small business owner truly understanding customer service :)  Good for you Chas, if it happens again I hope you sell 4 tubs.

Where did Chas mention religion? He mentions he gave up his nap.  Where did all this Sunday  = must be a religious thing come  up?  The story is: Chas is happy he sold 2 tubs on a day off.  Nothing about the baby Jebus, or how Hotsprings cures male pattern baldness and thermal pane tubs make your wiener fall off.   No bashing. No Religions. No tooting the hotsprings is the best...Just a happy guy and some people are upset at him because of it.

Nothing like a good ol Hotsprings  thread to start the week off right.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 01:20:50 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 01:49:01 pm »
  I think its great he sold 2 spa's on Sunday and don't think religion should be brought into this.   The fact he sells Hot springs I would guess has nothing to do with it either.

Hes just happy he sold 2 spa's on Sunday a day he is normally closed.

To add to this, I was off on Saturday which is a first in many months I had a wet test scheduled at 9 am on said day off.  I ended up talking with several different people that I met at the home show the previous weekend till 1 pm.
  The sad thing is I didnt sell anything  :'(  But the people I talked to and the wet test people are going to buy a spa from me,  :)  most need site visits and deck plans before buying.

I think every dealer here would go the extra mile for the customer regaurdless of the brand they sell.   I don't care who sells what here, it really comes down to the customer and what they like, my biggest competitors are a HS dealer and a Sundance dealer, I loose sales to them and they loose sales to me, it really comes down to what the customer likes the best,hell they might not even care so much about the spa because between the 3 they are all nice, but it may come down more to who they like the best doing the selling.

In Canada eh

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 02:12:27 pm »

Where did Chas mention religion? He mentions he gave up his nap.  Where did all this Sunday  = must be a religious thing come  up?  The story is: Chas is happy he sold 2 tubs on a day off.  Nothing about the baby Jebus, or how Hotsprings cures male pattern baldness and thermal pane tubs make your wiener fall off.   No bashing. No Religions. No tooting the hotsprings is the best...Just a happy guy and some people are upset at him because of it.

Drewstar,

Where did that come from?

I may have been wrong to assume that Chas' involvement in his church and community is why he chooses to stay closed on Sunday.   However I did not "bash" Hot Springs, religion or male pattern baldness.  I offered my congratulations to Chas and complimented him on great customer service..........sheeesh
Bullfrog 451

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 02:18:24 pm »

Drewstar,

Where did that come from?

I may have been wrong to assume that Chas' involvement in his church and community is why he chooses to stay closed on Sunday.   However I did not "bash" Hot Springs, religion or male pattern baldness.  I offered my congratulations to Chas and complimented him on great customer service..........sheeesh

Sorry Canada, it wasn't directed soley at you.  You were one of two posts that mentioned religion. ythat's all.  Your post just sparked my comment, it was not complely directedt at you.  

07 Caldera Geneva

In Canada eh

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 02:23:40 pm »

Sorry Canada, it wasn't directed soley at you.  You were one of two posts that mentioned religion. ythat's all.  Your post just sparked my comment, it was not complely directedt at you.  

Drewstar,

No problem ;)

To All,

If I offended anyone by bringing religion into this, I apologize :-[
Bullfrog 451

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 02:32:34 pm »

Drewstar,

No problem ;)

To All,

If I offended anyone by bringing religion into this, I apologize :-[

I don't think you need to appologize ( I should for my horrible spelling). It's just amazing  that Chas says he sold two tubs and this is were we end up.  :o ;) ;)

Purple monkey dishwasher
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 02:42:46 pm »
Speaking of dishwashers, I just found out my was recalled due to a potential fire hazzard.    It's a Maytag, and Jenn Air units are also part of the recall.  Found out about it quite by accident- reading yesterday's sunday supplement in the local paper.

So if you have a Maytag or Jenn Air that was made between 1999 and 2004 (IIRC), you should check to see if you are impacted.  

I believe that several million units were recalled.

GRRRRR...............................
Brewman

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 03:14:15 pm »

Speaking of Jenn Air ...a guy told me this weekend that Jenn Air outdoor grills you see at Lowes are now a Lowes brand.....that Jenn Air sold the name for outdoor grills to Lowes.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 03:28:25 pm »
Speaking of Lowes, I was in there the other day and purchased 2 new outside lights that were on sale for 50% off.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 04:31:31 pm »
Speaking of 2 - that's how many spas I sold on Sunday, which is what started this three-page thread !
 ;D ;D ;D

8-)

PS - Bill, you are a wonderful moderator and a general joy to have around.

Don't give up or I'll tell your daughter to go over and choke your cat.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 04:42:44 pm »

I believe it was me who asked the question. It wasn't an attempt to bring RELIGION (scary word) ::)  into it, but rather ask an honest question. Some don't work Sunday's for religious reasons while others just take it as a day off. No biggie so don't everyone go gett'n their panties in a bunch...

I can live without the answer too... :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 04:42:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42