What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just had to share....  (Read 5068 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Just had to share....
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:48:39 pm »
[size=14]I picked up my new AWD Ford Edge today! MAN I LOVE IT![/size]

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:49:50 pm by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

Just had to share....
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:48:39 pm »

96SC

Re: Just had to share....
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 12:53:05 am »
Life must be good, Steve.  First your wife gets a 'toy' now you get a new car.  It's not a convertable though.   ;D

Plus it looks like you live in the 'have' neighborhood.

Congrats.

PS.  Don't over/under shoot your driveway and run into your mail box.  It will definately 'leave a mark'. :'(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 08:42:37 am by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 09:46:03 am »
Life must be good, Steve.  First your wife gets a 'toy' now you get a new car.  It's not a convertable though.   ;D

Plus it looks like you live in the 'have' neighborhood.

Congrats.

PS.  Don't over/under shoot your driveway and run into your mail box.  It will definately 'leave a mark'. :'(

It's not a convertable but this thing has the Vista roof which is the closest thing to a convertable.

And for the record...I live in a WANT neighborhood where credit is a good thing! ;D

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 09:50:40 am by Steve »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 11:19:49 am »
Wow Steve, I like that!! and I am typically a van person (hauling kids, critters and my projects)! Yesterday my financial advisor told me to think about my Ford stock (he wants me to get rid of it)..You have convinced me to hang on. I really like the looks of that vehicle.
I want to see it in person...I'm not in the market for a vehicle right now, and I will tell the sales person that but I want to take a look!.
I wonder how it holds up in deer fights  ;D (both of our vehicles hit by deer in the last 3 weeks!) Talk about needing a long soak in the tub :o.

We rented a Pacifica on vacation last week and loved it, I am thinking this vehicle fits in the same category.

Congrats Steve...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 12:25:15 pm »
Wow Steve, I like that!! and I am typically a van person (hauling kids, critters and my projects)! Yesterday my financial advisor told me to think about my Ford stock (he wants me to get rid of it)..You have convinced me to hang on. I really like the looks of that vehicle.
I want to see it in person...I'm not in the market for a vehicle right now, and I will tell the sales person that but I want to take a look!.
I wonder how it holds up in deer fights  ;D (both of our vehicles hit by deer in the last 3 weeks!) Talk about needing a long soak in the tub :o.

We rented a Pacifica on vacation last week and loved it, I am thinking this vehicle fits in the same category.

Congrats Steve...

Thanks Boni!

Part of the appeal is that there aren't many on the road. I've been looking at everything from BWM, Acura, Ford, Chev, etc. over the past 2 months. This just had so many cool features and had everything I wanted.

I also drive up north once a month and it's notorious for deer and moose so sitting up a bit higher was a motivation for buying something else.

Ford has really turned the corner with this crossover vehicle and I'm actually looking forward to snow this year.

Here's more info: http://ford.ca/main/default.asp?language=en&section=1&source=&sVehCategory=FordSUVs&model=Edge

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 02:26:29 pm »
For 2008 it's called the TUARUS X, very nice vehicle.  Hey Steve looks like my Beachcomber dealer has closed up man.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 02:26:50 pm by rayman »
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

In Canada eh

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 03:05:38 pm »
Very Nice Steve, AWD should come in handy during the winter
Bullfrog 451

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 06:11:14 pm »
That roof is really sharp...sharp looking vehicle all the way around!  Congratulations, it a whole lotta fun driving on snow!

I got my new used shaggin' wagon yesterday:

I plan on putting a Solana TX in the back where the gun bed currently is and a mirror on the ceiling.  I'll also paint some kind of mural like a wolf or an Amazon lady warrior riding a polar bear on the side:

Terminator
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 06:35:57 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 06:21:36 pm »

Congrats Steve...

Steve - Those are VERY nice inside and I would actually compare them to the Lexus RX330.  I got one as a rental car when I was in Atlanta about 3 months ago.  It rode really well and is priced MUCH better than the Lexus and others. Do they make one in a Hybrid yet?  I know Ford has the Escape but a Hybrid in that would compete directly with the tremendously successfull Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

Bonnibelle - Your financial adviser sounds more like a "stock salesperson".  Those are two COMPLETELY different critters.  The choice should really be...Does X stock still makes sense in my portfolio...rather than sell X because it has not performed well...(because the odds are that it will perform better in the future).  Now if you bought it in August of '06 and have "enjoyed" the $2.50 rise since then... it may well be a good time to "take profits".

...I am not a financial expert, I just play one on TV (Jim Cramer)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:15:09 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 06:29:27 pm »
If you like hot tub vehicles, there's always the Tiki Truck:

Or my personal favorite, the MINI XXL:

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 09:21:59 pm »
Ndabunka, I was looking to "harvest" some cash from my portfolio. I would really take a loss on Ford since I bought it at about $15.00 a few years ago. It seems Morgan Stanley has a hard time holding on to people and when managers change, investing philosophies change! Anyway, he says...by next year Ford will either be worth a buck a share, or $20.00 a share...so I guess I am going to stick it out and hope for  $20.00. It kills me to sell at a loss!! He actually does what I say...and only really manages our retirment funds ;)
And seriously, I love the look of Steve's new vehicle. If anything can breathe new life into a company it is something that can appeal to a wide group of people. I love versitility and I think the Edge is both versitile and stylish...I bet Steve can't wait to go to work in the morning, because he gets to drive his new vehicle...  This may save Ford...I am betting on it.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 09:52:29 pm »
Ndabunka, I was looking to "harvest" some cash from my portfolio. I would really take a loss on Ford since I bought it at about $15.00 a few years ago. It seems Morgan Stanley has a hard time holding on to people and when managers change, investing philosophies change! Anyway, he says...by next year Ford will either be worth a buck a share, or $20.00 a share...so I guess I am going to stick it out and hope for  $20.00. It kills me to sell at a loss!! He actually does what I say...and only really manages our retirment funds ;)
And seriously, I love the look of Steve's new vehicle. If anything can breathe new life into a company it is something that can appeal to a wide group of people. I love versitility and I think the Edge is both versitile and stylish...I bet Steve can't wait to go to work in the morning, because he gets to drive his new vehicle...  This may save Ford...I am betting on it.  ;)

Gotcha!  I (personally) can envision Ford Stock getting to about $9.50 or so before gyrating further.  If it was mine, I'd pick an exit point I was comfortable with.  I highly doubt if it will see $15/share again anytime in the next 3 years unless there is a buyout and it's too big for that to happen.  I also don't see ANY way it could drop much further below it's current level either though.    I also agree after having driven one that Steve's vehicle is a very nice value.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 10:03:19 am »
For 2008 it's called the TUARUS X, very nice vehicle.  Hey Steve looks like my Beachcomber dealer has closed up man.

Taurus X? I don't think so. Not here anyway as I almost ordered an '08 but found this one that had everything I wanted on it. They still make the Taurus and although it looks MUCH different in 07/08, it certainly doesn't look anything lke the Edge.

So the Brampton dealer is closing out? I'm outa the loop now so I haven't heard anything. It's a great area so I'm guessing there will be another.

Very Nice Steve, AWD should come in handy during the winter

I've never driven anything AWD before so I'm really looking forward to it. Especially if we get 8 months worth of winter again! :o

Steve - Those are VERY nice inside and I would actually compare them to the Lexus RX330.  I got one as a rental car when I was in Atlanta about 3 months ago.  It rode really well and is priced MUCH better than the Lexus and others. Do they make one in a Hybrid yet?  I know Ford has the Escape but a Hybrid in that would compete directly with the tremendously successfull Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

Thanks bunk! We put almost 100 miles on it yesterday and the ride is very nice and it's so quiet. They don't have a hybrid version and at 260+HP, they are targeting a slightly different demographics at this point! ;)

I bet Steve can't wait to go to work in the morning, because he gets to drive his new vehicle...  

Actually, what I really CAN'T wait for is this coming weekend... I have a meeting in Calgary (about 3 hours south) on Friday which I'm taking my wife to as well so she can shop while I'm in the meetingt but after it, we're driving to Banff for the weekend (about an hour west of Calgary) and spending the weekend in a little chalet together! Her sister is going to look after the kids here and it's been a while since just the two of us have got away.

A perfect setting for some really cool pictures of my new truck too! ;) Not that I'm going to spend a GREAT deal of time out of the room... ;D

Steve
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:05:05 am by Steve »

In Canada eh

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 12:07:10 pm »

Actually, what I really CAN'T wait for is this coming weekend... I have a meeting in Calgary (about 3 hours south) on Friday which I'm taking my wife to as well so she can shop while I'm in the meetingt but after it, we're driving to Banff for the weekend (about an hour west of Calgary) and spending the weekend in a little chalet together!

Steve,

When I was fresh out of school, I spend a couple of months working on the hill at Lake Louise, teaching little ones how to ski. That whole area is probably the most beautiful place on the planet!

Have a great trip
Bullfrog 451

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 01:08:14 pm »

Steve,

When I was fresh out of school, I spend a couple of months working on the hill at Lake Louise, teaching little ones how to ski. That whole area is probably the most beautiful place on the planet!

Have a great trip

Thanks my friend! Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper... some of the most amazing places I've ever seen not to mention TERRIBLY romantic! 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 01:08:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42